Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Well, that is your classic case of unnecessary and crazy celebrity stunt casting.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, that is your classic case of unnecessary and crazy celebrity stunt casting.
    While not my pick, Pratt is an accomplished Voice Actor at least. Anya Taylor Joy recently did do Dark Crystal.

I’m a fan of most of those actors but I think the casting choices kinda suck.

Charlie as Luigi could work and Seth Rogan is a good Donkey Kong but Pratt as Mario is a terrible choice.

I wonder if they’re going to have the cartoony Italian accents or if that’s seen as too un-PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m a fan of most of those actors but I think the casting choices kinda suck.

Charlie as Luigi could work and Seth Rogan is a good Donkey Kong but Pratt as Mario is a terrible choice.

I wonder if they’re going to have the cartoony Italian accents or if that’s seen as too un-PC.
    Pretty sure they wont be doing this.

I mean in a video game they have an easier time getting away with it then a major animated film with a big cast that will be pushed hard.

Not hating the Jack Black as Boswer. I just hope he is not too over the top.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-23-2021 at 06:34 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Man, Kevin Michael Richardson should have been cast as Bowser.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    While not my pick, Pratt is an accomplished Voice Actor at least. Anya Taylor Joy recently did do Dark Crystal.
    I know they have VO experience, Pratt was good in the Lego movies, I'm just kind of tired of the "gimmick" for these kinds of movies.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know they have VO experience, Pratt was good in the Lego movies, I'm just kind of tired of the "gimmick" for these kinds of movies.
    I'm they cast these stars for VA roles to get studios and investors behind the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm they cast these stars for VA roles to get studios and investors behind the movie.
    Probably, but I don't think celebrity VA's really matter in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Starlord is mario!

Chris Pratt as Mario
    Anya Taylor Joy as Peach
    Charlie Day as Luigi
    JACK BLACK AS BOWSER
    Keegan Michael-Key as Toad
    Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong

Next dec 21.

Mario va is in the film as a "secret cameo."

The meme timeline

Default Chris Pratt is Mario!

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/s...tt-1235072946/

I have no problem with this. People really seem to be in their feelings about this. I find it amusing because I remember how annoyed everyone was at the Sonic fans who had legitimate reasons to be upset. Oh well
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-24-2021 at 11:55 AM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Charles Martinet should not have been pushed aside because he's not a "name" actor. He spent decades making that Mario voice iconic. If you need to have big names to sell the movie, the Mario universe has a ton of characters, even main characters, they could use them to play and get names on the movie poster. But Mario is Martinet.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

But Mario is Martinet.
    Well to be fair peter cullen was mario first.

Followed by this guy in these commercials. (yes thats the t1000 from t2 as a kid! Also first time mario says "here we go"!)

Last edited by Gaastra; 09-24-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Well to be fair peter cullen was mario first.

Yeah, but I'm not talking about Martinet being the first Mario. I'm talking about him being the one that spent decades building and establishing what Mario sounds like over dozens of games. When people think Mario, they hear Martinet. All that shouldn't be dismissed just because his name isn't as big as Star Lord (and I say that as a Pratt fan).
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Charles Martinet should not have been pushed aside because he's not a "name" actor. He spent decades making that Mario voice iconic. If you need to have big names to sell the movie, the Mario universe has a ton of characters, even main characters, they could use them to play and get names on the movie poster. But Mario is Martinet.
    Hollywood undervaluing voice actors over "name" celebrities is just an unfortunate truth of the industry .