Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Yeah, but I'm not talking about Martinet being the first Mario. I'm talking about him being the one that spent decades building and establishing what Mario sounds like over dozens of games. When people think Mario, they hear Martinet. All that shouldn't be dismissed just because his name isn't as big as Star Lord (and I say that as a Pratt fan).
    I get you, it's like them not using the usual Scooby Doo VAs in last year's movie (only second time Frank Welker hasn't voiced Fred since the show's inception!). But that's just how Hollywood execs feel about animated movies these days, VAs ain't nothing but guys for the tv or game market - celebrities are who you get for the movies. It's just how things are.

of the Mario cast, Kevin Michael Richardson is the only one who is a professional voice actor. The majority of Kevin Richardson's work is all voice acting.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    of the Mario cast, Kevin Michael Richardson is the only one who is a professional voice actor. The majority of Kevin Richardson's work is all voice acting.
    I always liked his Joker. He's done a lot of work, but that's always the one I remember best cause obviousness.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Yeah, but I'm not talking about Martinet being the first Mario. I'm talking about him being the one that spent decades building and establishing what Mario sounds like over dozens of games. When people think Mario, they hear Martinet. All that shouldn't be dismissed just because his name isn't as big as Star Lord (and I say that as a Pratt fan).
    Honestly, when I think of Mario's voice, I think of Lou Albano from the DiC cartoons. I never really liked Martinet's Mario voice. It always felt weirdly high-pitched and the Italian accent was too stereotypical and over-the-top. I mean, I got used to it, but I never liked it.

Imagine if Keith David was cast to voice Bowser.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Imagine if Keith David was cast to voice Bowser.
    He's got a great voice, but not one that fits Bowser. If he were to voice any Nintendo character, I'd say Ganon might be the best fit.

By the way this is the second animated mario movie for theatres. First was japan only. They planned to release it in the states in the 80s but test viewers hated the ending so much the american version was canned!

As for marios voice.

Mario spent most of the first decades with a american accent or japan one.

Saturday supercade--american
    Donkey kong and dk jr live action atari commercials-american
    Donkey kong cereal commercials--italian for the first time and first time he says "here we go!"
    Mario bros atari live action ad-luigi only and american
    Super mario super show-american
    Captain N and adventures of super mario 3-american
    Captain N and super mario world-american
    Mario ice capades-american
    Super mario great rescue to save princess peach japan theatre film-japan!
    Mario 3 3 ovas-japan
    Mario land 2 anime short-japan
    Mario live action film-american.

So for over two decades he was american or japan and italian only once before mario 64. So kids growing up begore mario 64 knew him with a american or japan accent.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 09-26-2021 at 06:40 AM.

That crazy pronunciation of “Mario” (like “mar-io”) still really freaks me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I always liked his Joker. He's done a lot of work, but that's always the one I remember best cause obviousness.
    He replaced Unlce Phil as the voice of Shredder right? I may be way off lol he was great in Invincible though.

Kevin Michael Richardson voice Shredder in the 2012 TMNT cartoon, aloing with a bunch of other characters in the cartoon. He also voiced the following.

1 voiced of Action Hank from Dexter's Laboatory.

2. voiced Dark Hulk in the Incredible Hulk 1996 cartoon.

3. voiced Robert Hawkins in the Static Shock Cartoon.

4. Voiced General Wells in the Justice League cartoon.

5. Voiced Skullker in Danny Phantom.

6. Voiced Panthro in the 2011 Thundercats cartoon.

7. voiced Trigon, Mammoth, and See-More in the 2003 Teen Titans cartoon.

8 voiced Tombstone in The Spectacular Spider-Man Cartoon start from Episode 4.

9 Voiced of Demongo the Guardian in Samurai Jack

Another person who could have voice Bowser is Fred Tatasciore.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 09-29-2021 at 04:14 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Kevin Michael Richardson voice Shredder in the 2012 TMNT cartoon,
    I didn't really like the 2012 Shredder much, he felt like such a downgrade from the 2003 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I didn't really like the 2012 Shredder much, he felt like such a downgrade from the 2003 version.
    I think he was pretty effective in his own right as an actual human Shredder, and the conflict with him felt a little more personal, but I think both worked in their own way.

The Turtles' final fight with him as Super Shredder was also pretty epic.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Honestly, when I think of Mario's voice, I think of Lou Albano from the DiC cartoons. I never really liked Martinet's Mario voice. It always felt weirdly high-pitched and the Italian accent was too stereotypical and over-the-top. I mean, I got used to it, but I never liked it.
    Thank you. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world that doesn't like the squeeky high pitched broken-a english that Martinet gave Mario. It sounds even more ridiculous when he's required to say more than three or four words at a time. I've heard an add where he was speaking in Mario's voice the whole time and it was just horrible.

Captain Lou will always be my Mario. (I'm also willing to accept Bob Hoskins.) To me, Mario should sound a bit gruff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I would not punch that block ever if those people came out of it instead of coins.