Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Looking at all those names together attached to this in the poster just reminds me of the live-action film...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Thank you. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person in the world that doesn't like the squeeky high pitched broken-a english that Martinet gave Mario. It sounds even more ridiculous when he's required to say more than three or four words at a time. I've heard an add where he was speaking in Mario's voice the whole time and it was just horrible.

Captain Lou will always be my Mario. (I'm also willing to accept Bob Hoskins.) To me, Mario should sound a bit gruff.
    But he looks so kind and happy...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he was pretty effective in his own right as an actual human Shredder, and the conflict with him felt a little more personal, but I think both worked in their own way.

The Turtles' final fight with him as Super Shredder was also pretty epic.
    Eh, to each their own. He was "fine" next to 2003's "brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looking at all those names together attached to this in the poster just reminds me of the live-action film...

But he looks so kind and happy...
    I mean, Lou always seemed like a happy guy. Hoskins too.

And I don't know, I mean, as bad as the live action versions were, I always thought Mario and Luigi were at least well cast. I look at the names on this poster and the only one I'm interested in hearing voicing anyone in this franchise is Kevin Michael Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, to each their own. He was "fine" next to 2003's "brilliant!"
    Nothing more hype than "none of you will leave here alive!" and the design of his armor was perfect.

Although 2012 definitely gave the Turtles plenty of awesome beatdowns. And I prefer human Shredder to Utrom Shredder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, Lou always seemed like a happy guy. Hoskins too.

And I don't know, I mean, as bad as the live action versions were, I always thought Mario and Luigi were at least well cast. I look at the names on this poster and the only one I'm interested in hearing voicing anyone in this franchise is Kevin Michael Richardson.
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply they weren't! Just why I think Charles Martinet's voice fits Mario.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What I will give 2012 Turtles is that it somehow managed to make the feud between Shredder and Splinter more personal than it already was. That version of Shredder was an absolute bastard on a personal level. I still like Utrom Shredder more do to the purge menace he provided.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What I will give 2012 Turtles is that it somehow managed to make the feud between Shredder and Splinter more personal than it already was. That version of Shredder was an absolute bastard on a personal level. I still like Utrom Shredder more do to the purge menace he provided.
    And a more complex relationship/dynamic with Karai too.

Delayed till next year.

Delayed till next year.

Mario's Nintendo not Sony though?

Nintendo trademarks "Nintendo studios" for films!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    I can honestly say I don't care who voices characters and I have never seen a movie just because I liked the person who is voice acting. It makes no difference to me...

So far, I'm really liking what I see.

Jack Black's Bowser is fantastic.

I'm still on the fence about Mario, but I don't see or hear anything that really worries me.

I'm optimistic. They really nailed the look of the Mushroom Kingdom.
    Life is but a dream

This is the formula that the NCU (Nintendo Cinematic Universe) will follow;

PHASE 1

> Super Mario Bros Movie (Mario fights Bowser)
    > Donkey Kong Country (Donkey Kong's bananas get stolen by a bunch reptiles known as the Kremlin Crew and DK and his pal Diddy have too get them back. At the end of the film, Mario meets Donkey Kong at a bar and talks about "putting together a team.")
    > Metroid (A bounty hunter called Metroid has been tasked with gathering intelligence on a nasty bunch of people called the Space Pirates on the Planet Zebes. Basically, it will be the NCU's GotG)
    > Kirby's Dreamland (About an eldritch pink blob that consumes. The peasants of the planet Pop Star try to use this cosmic horror to defeat their overlord, King Dedededededededede and the Spanish-speaking Metaknight. It will be hinted that Metaknight is actually the same species as Kirby but will never be addressed again)
    > Zelda Ocarina of Time (It will be the greatest film ever, 100% RT score, 10 oscars, 99 Metacritic score)
    > Super Smash Bros (This is it, all the classic heroes will join together to confront a new menace called 'The Master Hand' and his snap is 10x more powerful than lame Thanos)
    Last edited by Pinsir; 10-06-2022 at 09:24 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Teaser looked good. Jack Black was fantastic as Bowser. I thought Pratt's Mario voice was fine. In fact, he had a little bit of a Brooklyn accent in that last line so he sounded more like MY Mario than anyone has in like 20 years. I remember when I was younger being really thrown by Martinet's high-pitched Mario voice the first time I heard it because I was so used to the one from the cartoons.

You know, I don't know if younger people know how much that voice and the whole "brothers from Brooklyn" back story was the standard for non-game Mario stuff back in the '80s? But it was. They used it in three different cartoon series. They used that back story in comics and Nintendo "choose-your-own-adventure" books. That's kind of how that kind of thing happened back in the '80s. A company would develop some toys or a video game, then they'd either hire a couple of comic writers or license the property out to a comics or cartoon company to handle the heavy lifting of creating any kind of lore. Of course, the basics of that take was also used in that awful live action movie and it was pretty much scorched earth for that version after that.