Default Marco Polo - Netflix Original Series

Thought I'd create one seeing as I didn't see any Marco Polo threads yet.

MARCO POLO

Release: All 10 Hour-Long Episodes were made available on the 12th December 2014 in at least the UK and the USA, and this series joins Netflix's influx of original programming - currently Lilyhammer, House of Cards, Hemlock Grove and Orange is the New Black are the other four Netflix exclusive series that have not have aired episodes elsewhere and are available in both the UK and USA (stuff like Peaky Blinders is a Netflix exclusive show only in the USA whereas it airs on BBC 2 in the UK, hence why it's not included in this list. Also, same applies to shows that have had their final season air on Netflix but were on Network/Cable TV before that, hence the lack of Arrested Development).

Program Creator: John Fusco

IMDB Synospis: "In a world replete with greed, betrayal, sexual intrigue and rivalry, "Marco Polo" is based on the famed explorer's adventures in Kublai Khan's court in 13th century China."

Marco Polo Cast:

Actors / Characters
    Lorenzo Richelmy - Marco Polo
    Shu An Oon - Jing Fei
    Mahesh Jadu - Ahmad
    Chin Han - Jia Sidao
    Vanessa Vanderstraaten - Sorga
    Rick Yune - Kaidu
    Nicholas Bloodworth - Tulga

Let's talk All things Marco Polo.

I've only had the chance to see the first two episodes of the series so far (which made available earlier today on Netflix) and it looked pretty decent. It's not quite Game of Thrones level but there's a lot of potential here for it to get better as it goes on. There's some cool battle sequences and some great production values so it'll be interesting to see where the series goes over the remaining ten episodes.

Have you had the chance to watch an episode yet? Are you planning on checking it out or giving it a pass? What did you think?
    Last edited by BaneofKings; 12-13-2014 at 03:30 AM.

I haven't watched it, not sure I would. Worry wouldn't be my thing, or too paddling, in pace, or cruel, like torture and execution stuff in Da Vincis' Demons, but probably wrong.

Netflix haven't done that yet in their shows, sure.

Thinking, if my Dad liked DVD, Musketeers, Black Sails, The Whale, all that, he'd like this.

Has it actually all hit Netlix then? Begun, continued, ended? Thought was a 2015 show for sure.

Who is playing Marco Polo, and what's the synopsis?

I really enjoyed the first episode. I'll try to finish the season over the weekend
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I haven't watched it, not sure I would. Worry wouldn't be my thing, or too paddling, in pace, or cruel, like torture and execution stuff in Da Vincis' Demons, but probably wrong.

Netflix haven't done that yet in their shows, sure.

Thinking, if my Dad liked DVD, Musketeers, Black Sails, The Whale, all that, he'd like this.

Has it actually all hit Netlix then? Begun, continued, ended? Thought was a 2015 show for sure.

Who is playing Marco Polo, and what's the synopsis?
    Updated the original thread. Should answer the few of your questions, and yeah, having seen Musketeers (only one episode and sadly I didn't like it that much) and Black Sails (which I did like) I can say that your Dad would probably enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Updated the original thread. Should answer the few of your questions, and yeah, having seen Musketeers (only one episode and sadly I didn't like it that much) and Black Sails (which I did like) I can say that your Dad would probably enjoy it.
    Thanks very much for the update and reply. Very helpful and appreciate, thank you.

Hopefully. Tried looking for it, off Netflix, and found an 80s show by the same name, but hopefully soon find right one.

Got my Dad to watch a bit of the Premiere/Pilot, and said it's very good, and that it's like The Musketeers, of BBC, meets Game of Thrones, the HBO hit.

Said it's one we could both watch together, and if I don't like it, I don't, but to give it a go.

Wonder how much chance of a 2nd Season, or will it be a One Season epic sort of thing?