View Poll Results: What Storyline would you use for MUA3?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Secret Invasion/Dark Reign/Siege

5 55.56%
  • Avengers vs X-Men

0 0%
  • Secret Wats (2015)

3 33.33%
  • Other

1 11.11%
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Default If There Was a Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3...

...and it was being made today, what comic storyline(s) would you have it based upon, and which characters would you have appear? You can also suggest an original story than an adaption.

Since MUA2 had Secret War and Civil War, I figured if there was a MUA3 I would have opted for one of three choices...

1. Secret Invasion/Dark Reign/Siege.

Basically adapting the trio of stories which saw Norman Osborn and the Dark Cabal rise to power, if you remember MUA2 when it got to the Civil War section let you pick whether to be Pro or Anti Reg. I was thinking something similar with this game, where by you play Act 1 with the Skrull Invasion and have the heroes battling in the Savage Land, then go to either Camp Hammond or Thunderbolt Mountain and then finally to New York to take on Vernake and her Super Skrull army. Then Act 2 has you decide if to side with the hero resistance and the majority of the heroes, or instead ally with the Dark Avengers, Dark X-Men and those heroes like Ares who believe in Norman Osborn. There's a selection of characters with 'dark' counterparts, so you have Iron Man or Iron Patriot, Wolverine or Draken, Spider-Man or Venom etc. And a selection of exclusive heroes and villains depending on your choice. Act 2 can adapt a few Dark Reign based stories and the missions change depending on your allegiance. Then Act 3 is the Siege on Asgard, and you're either defending as the Avengers and their allies or attacking as HAMMER and the Dark Avengers. With the final battle being against a Void infested Sentry. If you played the heroes you get something like the canon ending, but if you played as the villains you get a what if ending where Osborn solidifies his power. All in all I think it would be a fun game.

2. Avengers vs X-Men (Possibly with Schism as a prologue)

Similar idea as above but this time you're picking between the Avengers and X-Men over the coming of the Phoenix. Of course I wouldn't be certain how to make it so the X-Men aren't the 'bad guys' what with the Phoenix Five, but maybe if you pick the X-Men you get an alternate storyline where the Avengers get the Phoenix powers instead? Or they adapt the story so the Phoenix guys don't get so power mad so quickly, or they could do something with the divide between Logan and Summer's X-Men.

3. Secret Wars (2015)

Not easy to talk about this one since the event hasn't happened yet but imagine a game where you don't just get a sizable roster of heroes to play with, but also play with alternate versions of them who actually change play and dialogue, and you can even have multiple versions of them on the same team. You can have 616, Ultimate and the various other universes of Secret Wars represented. Plus there would be a multipath system to let your forces (probably starting with mix of 616 and Ultimate versions of characters) move about Battleworld, maybe meaning that in a single playthrough you won't get to visit all the locales (do we travel through to Perfection or the Deadlands? Sentinel Territories or the Wastelands?) battle all the bosses or enlist all the alternate heroes you can find in each location. All counting down to a final battle against the Beyonder?

Anyway, interested to know which of those you think sounds best or if you have your own ideas.

BANNED

A very loose version of the old Secret Wars. But an original thing set up to feature an interesting array of villains and scenarios like the first game would be better.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 12-13-2014 at 02:08 AM.

I would prefer it to be an original story, or one based on a classic storyline and not one of the more recent ones. But that's just me.