Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Elektra #9 preview!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=25066
    Such an absolutely stunning book! Nice surprise addition of Jennifer Kale and that double page spread evokes the best of Sienkiewicz. So this book is ending.

That double page is tragic, and sums up so much about what makes me still care about this character, that juxtaposition between vulnerability and near-heartless killer.

Just incredible looking. Del Mundo is fantastic and I would love to see him get more interiors work in addition to the covers he does. Of course, I like what Blackman has done as well especially with that dialogue in the page spread.

I really, really, really hope that Blackman and Del Mundo get to work on her again in the future. They bring out the best in the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=25066
    Such an absolutely stunning book! Nice surprise addition of Jennifer Kale and that double page spread evokes the best of Sienkiewicz. So this book is ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    That double page is tragic, and sums up so much about what makes me still care about this character, that juxtaposition between vulnerability and near-heartless killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Just incredible looking. Del Mundo is fantastic and I would love to see him get more interiors work in addition to the covers he does. Of course, I like what Blackman has done as well especially with that dialogue in the page spread.
    I really, really, really hope that Blackman and Del Mundo get to work on her again in the future. They bring out the best in the character.
    I agree with all of you

I'm wondering if the double page spread is just a dream sequence or a memory? Maybe an unseen moment after their last meeting in Daredevil #35?

BANNED

Why this excellent book is bein cancelled whilst mediocre rubbish is being propped up with hashtags on twitter is totally beyond me. :smh:
    Last edited by Mr MajestiK; 12-13-2014 at 01:37 PM.

I'm wondering if the double page spread is just a dream sequence or a memory? Maybe an unseen moment after their last meeting in Daredevil #35?
    I think it's meant take place after DD 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Wh this excellent book is bein cancelled whilst mediocre rubbish is bein propped up with hashtags is totally beyond me. :smh:
    Awful isn't it? I'm dreading February.

Maybe she will end up in a team book once all new marvel starts.
    We need better comics

BANNED

One just gets the impression that Marvel have just given up on supporting quality books in favour of pushing cotton candy filler in service of never ending events. :smh:

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Maybe she will end up in a team book once all new marvel starts.
    This is my hope. It seems like Axel likes the character, or at least the work done on this title.

This is my hope. It seems like Axel likes the character, or at least the work done on this title.
    That's the one thing in her and the creative team's favour is that Axel is a big fan of the book. He was still describing it as an excellent book once the cancellation was officially announced. We will definitely see Blackman and Del Mundo on another book soon, fingers crossed Elektra wont be left in limbo for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    One just gets the impression that Marvel have just given up on supporting quality books in favour of pushing cotton candy filler in service of never ending events. :smh:
    You are nobody unless you are an Avenger it seems these days!

BANNED

You are nobody unless you are an Avenger it seems these days!
    To me it really just boils down to an obssession on Marvels part to keep pushing mediocrity that sells to the less discerning audience.