Page 126 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2008
    Mighty Member

I'm a big fan of Taskmaster but I really don't understand his power level. In one comics he is beating Captain America and in Amazing Spider-man he is a joke who is beat in less than two panels.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    I'm a big fan of Taskmaster but I really don't understand his power level. In one comics he is beating Captain America and in Amazing Spider-man he is a joke who is beat in less than two panels.
    Looks like the drug tipped arrow had something to do with Cap’s beating. Missed Tasky’s usually flippant banter.

26E788F0-BEFE-4A7E-B512-FB6A38717E6A.jpg

Is there anyone tougher, more resilient than Sharon Carter? Really, mind controlled, wounded in a knife fight, loss of pregnancy, loss of Steve multiple times, sacrificing herself in Dimension Z, surviving there, aged, left for dead for 40 + years.... and she still gets up and takes down Lukin, fights Stevil, and now faces Selena.

She needs to sign with another comic book publisher.

I’m loving the political and espionage bent of this series. Reading through some reviews I was stunned at how Coates references today’s political reality with the totalitarian Hydra govt, and now Russian attempts to win over America. But Coates is making it more than just politics. He’s making it personal introducing the Lukin’s back in, as Alexa’s revenge against Sharon. Man do I appreciate the continuity here.

But to return to the political, the fear Coates portrays of Americans, the desire for a replacement for Hydra, safety, all resonates with today. The central question is how Steve responds. Ross and others have opted to side with Power, and once again Steve feels betrayed. Steve has to navigate, while understanding Stevil’s / his role in Secret Empire. With Englehart’s first Secret Empire, Steve had to deal with loss of faith in his government (during Watergate). Now he has to grapple with loss of faith in the public too. Who’s he fighting for?

Yu’s sold me in his art completely. When he’s done I would still love a run with Guice or Epting, again.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    for a good while it was assumed he was a mutant who had the power of skill-mimicry and photographic memory (within reason- he couldn't duplicate super-strength) which made him an excellent fighter. But I read somewhere recently where he was retconned into being just a guy who was taking MGH pills (mutant growth hormone). Whether that's definitively the case or not now, I don't know.

A couple of recent reviews complain of Coates’ use of Steve’s thoughts while moving through his search for Sharon detracts. So I thought I’d find another example of a writer relying on the inner most thoughts of the hero to tell the story. Pretty much ok with Coates’ approach.

8AF0920D-3835-4BEB-8519-DEAD9FBFD213.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    A couple of recent reviews complain of Coates’ use of Steve’s thoughts while moving through his search for Sharon detracts. So I thought I’d find another example of a writer relying on the inner most thoughts of the hero to tell the story. Pretty much ok with Coates’ approach.

8AF0920D-3835-4BEB-8519-DEAD9FBFD213.jpg
    Yeah, this is actually one of the most appealing aspects of Coates' work on this book for me. I love his handle on Steve's voice and Steve's thoughts, in this and the previous issues, is nothing but a plus as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, this is actually one of the most appealing aspects of Coates' work on this book for me. I love his handle on Steve's voice and Steve's thoughts, in this and the previous issues, is nothing but a plus as far as I'm concerned.
    Steve’s inner monologues fit well with his angst over Secret Empire. I need to know what’s in his head after seeing the devastation, Natasha’s death. Not much on Rick or Jack yet but that’s all more grist for the mill, perhaps later on. I just have fingers crossed this arc ends with a rejuvenated Sharon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Steve’s inner monologues fit well with his angst over Secret Empire. I need to know what’s in his head after seeing the devastation, Natasha’s death. Not much on Rick or Jack yet but that’s all more grist for the mill, perhaps later on. I just have fingers crossed this arc ends with a rejuvenated Sharon.
    Well Natasha left Clint and Bucky after Tales of Suspense which was quite enticing story line i must say. I hope we get to see her more during Cap's own comics or the upcoming WS's mini series .

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Well Natasha left Clint and Bucky after Tales of Suspense which was quite enticing story line i must say. I hope we get to see her more during Cap's own comics or the upcoming WS's mini series .
    Yes, I think Natasha would fit well with this book, especially since it would require some adjustment working and trusting “a Steve Rogers” again. She and Sharon were a nice combo in Secret Avengers with Ellis, too.
    7D225F58-437A-4B41-9E6F-39823E0979A7.jpg

Wouldn’t mind seeing Spitfire and Union Jack in this series too.
    FFB31BBF-8E31-4EFC-852E-67393FDE1BD4.jpg

January solicits have Coates teaming up with Adam Kubert. Not feeling Kubert here after Yu’s amazing run. Just cut the check and keep this present team together.
    28828556-128A-404B-B269-211891D75BE4.jpg

BANNED

Kubert is not a bad artist and i rank him as good artist but not in same level as Yu . Kubert's Wolverine run was nice other than that i couldn't recall any other comic series which he made

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Kubert is not a bad artist and i rank him as good artist but not in same level as Yu . Kubert's Wolverine run was nice other than that i couldn't recall any other comic series which he made
    No he’s fine. Just enjoying Yu, and tired of the typical 6 and out. However I do have a soft spot for Andy.

Much prefer Yu to Kubert... or anyone else really, so it's not a knock on Kubert... and I'm pretty upset that he's off after the first arc. Especially with it only shipping monthly. Hopefully it'll just be them two rotating and he's back soon.