Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
I liked the movie, but I also had issues with it. I didn't like the second half of the movie nearly as much as the first. Reducing Cap's years of combat in WWII to one five minute montage simply because you needed to get him frozen to set up Avengers was very disappointing. I kept thinking "this all looks very interesting, too bad we didn't get to actually SEE any of it." Also, I thought that HOW he ended up in the ice was really contrived, it didn't really work. Still, it's an enjoyable movie with a great tone, good performances, and some good action. It just wasn't as good as it could have been. TWS, on the other hand, that film was freaking fantastic.
I completely agree with this. I wanted so much more of Cap, Bucky and the Howling Commandos in combat. That was the point to stop the Axis in WWII, let's see more of that. It would have really hammered home how important Cap was to the war effort - instead of say wasting 5 minutes on the stage number. The rush to get him to freeze was disappointing. Outside of this and Hugo Weaving, I really enjoy it. And the screenplay makes me enjoy what's great about it even more.

Still the cast and crew more than made up for it in CATWS so I can't be too picky.