Page 10 of 134 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Thanks for the fill in info. I knew when Remender harped on Cap's age in issue 1 spoilers:
    he'd age him in some way...
    end of spoilers I've never liked that with Cap or Bucky.

Hope you enjoy it. I look forward to when I can join the conversation about reading Cap every month again.
    I'm sorry you're not a fan of the current creative team. Is there anything in particular that you don't like about Remender? I'm just curious, as I've only started reading his work since he came onto Captain America and Uncanny Avengers.

A fun (hopefully) little question. If you could have any current writer and artist, who would you like to have on Captain America?
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

2071437-untitled.jpg
    Cap looking inspirational.

Cap shield throw.jpg
    When Captain America throws his mighty shield.....

Falcon_captain_america_casting-thumb-550x348-96103.jpg
    Cap and Falcon
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Extraordinary Member

Any creative team?
    On writing I'd have Nathan Edmonson and on art I'd take Stuart Immonen.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I feel bad about the rant below, but I am not sure how else to convey how much I do not enjoy Remender's work.

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I'm sorry you're not a fan of the current creative team. Is there anything in particular that you don't like about Remender? I'm just curious, as I've only started reading his work since he came onto Captain America and Uncanny Avengers.

A fun (hopefully) little question. If you could have any current writer and artist, who would you like to have on Captain America?
    Sorry tg1982, rant coming.

Let's see: There's a seriously mean-spirited undertone to Remender's work (I've read a lot of his indie work and other Marvel stuff and I get such a negative vibe from it. I got rid of his stuff very quickly.) He kills off characters way too frequently and often for shock value. Some of his story lines echo of this (only for shock value.) Did we need to see Steve's mom abused? It's unnecessary. Steve rising above bullies on his own is plenty to build his character. And please don't use an established character mini series to simply to create your current Cap villain while pretending it's a book devoted to the established character. The Iron Nail flashbacks could have easily been incorporated into Cap's book.

/rant off

Who would I like on Cap? Art, Butch Guice. Writer, Greg Rucka. Greg understands military and has a great respect for those kinds of characters. I really enjoyed that his Frank Castle knew when to yield to a fellow soldier (as he did with Captain America in Rucka's Punisher War Zone.) Greg wrote a terrific, quiet Cap short story a few years ago that was pitch perfect. He writes women well and often respects continuity. I'd also love these two on a Winter Soldier book. Rucka could write Cap in a variety of situations too (I haven't read his Cyclops yet, but I hope to. It sounds like an interesting take on the father who abandons his son and wants to make up for it.) Butch's art can span a variety of genres (his Busiek Aquaman was pretty mind blowing in spots.)

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    2071437-untitled.jpg
    Cap looking inspirational.
    ^ That's terrific.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Any creative team?
    Nice choice. I think Edmonson might work better with Cap than the Winter Soldier actually. And Stuart's art is superb.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Any creative team?
    This is a good pick.

I feel bad about the rant below, but I am not sure how else to convey how much I do not enjoy Remender's work.

Sorry tg1982, rant coming.
    LOL. No need to apologize. We all have different tastes and preferences.

Let's see: There's a seriously mean-spirited undertone to Remender's work (I've read a lot of his indie work and other Marvel stuff and I get such a negative vibe from it. I got rid of his stuff very quickly.) He kills off characters way too frequently and often for shock value. Some of his story lines echo of this (only for shock value.) Did we need to see Steve's mom abused? It's unnecessary. Steve rising above bullies on his own is plenty to build his character. And please don't use an established character mini series to simply to create your current Cap villain while pretending it's a book devoted to the established character. The Iron Nail flashbacks could have easily been incorporated into Cap's book.

/rant off
    I see. I can certainly understand your point of view on the matter.

Who would I like on Cap? Art, Butch Guice. Writer, Greg Rucka. Greg understands military and has a great respect for those kinds of characters. I really enjoyed that his Frank Castle knew when to yield to a fellow soldier (as he did with Captain America in Rucka's Punisher War Zone.) Greg wrote a terrific, quiet Cap short story a few years ago that was pitch perfect. He writes women well and often respects continuity. I'd also love these two on a Winter Soldier book. Rucka could write Cap in a variety of situations too (I haven't read his Cyclops yet, but I hope to. It sounds like an interesting take on the father who abandons his son and wants to make up for it.) Butch's art can span a variety of genres (his Busiek Aquaman was pretty mind blowing in spots.)
    I love Guice's work. I've heard of Rucka though I'm not too familiar with his work, any recommendations?

^ That's terrific.
    Thanks
    - George Washington

And now, to answer my own question.

I like to imagine writers that are "out of the box" do various comics. For example KSD doing Captain America, and see how that would mesh, with her comedic, sarcastic humor, writing someone whose serious like Captain America (plus she'd be able to say she got to write BOTH Captains).

I like Hickman's Captain America in the Avengers books. So I would really like to see him do a solo Captain America book after Remender. As for the artist, I've made no secret about how I feel about Carlos Pacheco's art. Or Steve McNiven or Epting.

I also think that Jason Aaron could write a good Cap as well.
    - George Washington

All-New Member Commander Rogers's Avatar

I was just thinking this exact team. Rucka's currently killing it on his indie project, Lazzarus.

Rucka would be a great choice. I have loved his DC work in the past, but the only Marvel work of his I read was his Black Widow mini which was gritty and engaging. I imagine he'd be good with Captain America, Iron Man or Thor.

Extraordinary Member

The problem of having Hickman is that we'll see an ultra sci-fi Captain, and it would take at least a year for the first arc to fully flesh out.

2566207-ua_arcana.jpg
    Uncanny Captain America

Cap the all american hero.jpg
    Cap making a promise

Captain America - 1.jpg
    Cap in action
    - George Washington

Also, I think as DebkoX said, Edmundson would be a good choice for writing Cap. For art I'd still want Pacheco or the two Steves.
    - George Washington

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

In Honor of Memorial Day 2014!

God Bless to All of America's Fallen Soliders, THANK YOU!!!!!

http://www.supersiblingscomics.com/2...not-forgotten/

I want Adi Granov!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Very nice CJ!!!! And, indeed, very appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I want Adi Granov!!!!!!

Granov's art is spectacular! I would love to see Granov do more Cap
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

Seconded. Nicely done CJ.