Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    In Honor of Memorial Day 2014!

God Bless to All of America's Fallen Soliders, THANK YOU!!!!!

http://www.supersiblingscomics.com/2...not-forgotten/

Nice and respectful image there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I want Adi Granov!!!!!!

Spectacular image.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    Very nice CJ!!!! And, indeed, very appropriate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Seconded. Nicely done CJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Nice and respectful image there.
    Thanks Allot, Appreciate it Indeed, it is Very Appropriate for What Today is Really All about and Capt IMO more then any other Comic Hero in any industry Symbolizes the US Solider and This shows that Honoring Respect to the Fallen.

Thanks Allot, Appreciate it Indeed, it is Very Appropriate for What Today is Really All about and Capt IMO more then any other Comic Hero in any industry Symbolizes the US Solider and This shows that Honoring Respect to the Fallen.
    Indeed. You are right on all counts. That picture was a perfect tribute.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

LOL. No need to apologize. We all have different tastes and preferences.

I see. I can certainly understand your point of view on the matter.

I love Guice's work. I've heard of Rucka though I'm not too familiar with his work, any recommendations?

Thanks
    Remender: there's someone for everybody. I appreciate that you're enjoying the run.

Greg Rucka some recommendations:

Black Widow Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Punisher volume 8 with Marco Checchetto (this was the first time I understood Frank and while it took me awhile to get behind Sgt. Cole-Alves she was an excellent doppleganger in explaining Frank's origin. And I quite like her now.) The first two volumes are out of print, so I'd suggest digital.
    If you like those, continue on with volume 3 and Punisher: War Zone in which spoilers:
    Frank surrenders to Steve in a very honorable way.
    end of spoilers

For something funny: Spider-Island: I Love NYC #1

Have not read Cyclops yet. Probably will once funds sort themselves out.

Non-Marvel:

Whiteout

I haven't read Lazarus yet.

Greg's written some excellent military novels too: Alpha being one.

And now, to answer my own question.

As for the artist, I've made no secret about how I feel about Carlos Pacheco's art. Or Steve McNiven or Epting.

I also think that Jason Aaron could write a good Cap as well.
    McNiven would be a fine choice as artist. I think Epting, like Brubaker, is currently working on creator-only projects. He's killing it with Ed on Velvet.

I'm really not familiar with Hickman or Aaron's writings pertaining to Steve (Aaron does anti-heroes very, very well. And I look forward to eventually reading Original Sin if only for the team ups and Jason's take on the Orb - who cracks me up.) I'd certainly give Jason's Cap a try. His Thor is epic and you can tell he just loves playing in that sandbox.

I'm not a fan of KSD so I'd skip her run, although I do appreciate your nod that she could say she wrote both Captains if this were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Rogers View Post
    I was just thinking this exact team. Rucka's currently killing it on his indie project, Lazzarus.
    Haven't read Lazarus yet, glad to see another thumbs up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Rucka would be a great choice. I have loved his DC work in the past, but the only Marvel work of his I read was his Black Widow mini which was gritty and engaging. I imagine he'd be good with Captain America, Iron Man or Thor.
    I agree with Black Widow review, and your choice of Cap and Iron Man.

In Honor of Memorial Day 2014!

God Bless to All of America's Fallen Soliders, THANK YOU!!!!!

http://www.supersiblingscomics.com/2...not-forgotten/

Appreciate this CJ... I was looking for another thread just to say thank you. That's never enough, but this is a lovely picture. Thanks for posting and thanks to the veterans and their families.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Remender: there's someone for everybody. I appreciate that you're enjoying the run.
    Thanks! I hope that we BOTH will be enjoying Cap again!

Greg Rucka some recommendations:

Black Widow Itsy-Bitsy Spider

Punisher volume 8 with Marco Checchetto (this was the first time I understood Frank and while it took me awhile to get behind Sgt. Cole-Alves she was an excellent doppleganger in explaining Frank's origin. And I quite like her now.) The first two volumes are out of print, so I'd suggest digital.
    If you like those, continue on with volume 3 and Punisher: War Zone in which spoilers:
    Frank surrenders to Steve in a very honorable way.
    end of spoilers

For something funny: Spider-Island: I Love NYC #1

Have not read Cyclops yet. Probably will once funds sort themselves out.

Non-Marvel:

Whiteout

I haven't read Lazarus yet.

Greg's written some excellent military novels too: Alpha being one.
    Thanks for the recommendations! I'll have to check some of them out. Actual novels too? Hm. I was a big fan of Tom Clancy (still am) so I might check out some of his military novels. I really like Black Widow so I'll definitely check out his run on her, is it anything like Black Widow: The Name of the Rose? I really like that. Speaking of which, Marjorie Liu might be able to do a good Cap story, I think she's really good at characterization and development, and as I previously said, I really liked her Black Widow run.

McNiven would be a fine choice as artist. I think Epting, like Brubaker, is currently working on creator-only projects. He's killing it with Ed on Velvet.
    Hrm. I may have to check that out...I'm love both creators.

I'm really not familiar with Hickman or Aaron's writings pertaining to Steve (Aaron does anti-heroes very, very well. And I look forward to eventually reading Original Sin if only for the team ups and Jason's take on the Orb - who cracks me up.)
    In the Avengers books, he seems to get Cap pretty well, His Cap in Infinity was really good, IMO. It showed Cap more than just a "soldier" and showed more as a tactical leader than just an inspirational one.

I'd certainly give Jason's Cap a try. His Thor is epic and you can tell he just loves playing in that sandbox.
    I agree, his run on Thor so far has been really great and enjoyable, for me. Plus Asad Ribic's art is fantastic as well.

I'm not a fan of KSD so I'd skip her run, although I do appreciate your nod that she could say she wrote both Captains if this were the case.
    In all honesty, I'm not sure she'd be a good choice for Captain America, due to her writing style, which I think is great for Captain Marvel. But she'd be my "WTF" pick. You know, the pick no one saw coming.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

I'm not a fan of Remender's run but I do love this cover, I even bought the issue for this marvelous cover

We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I'm not a fan of Remender's run but I do love this cover, I even bought the issue for this marvelous cover

I also love this cover. So much so that it's been my avatar since it came out.

It's one of Pacheco's best covers!!!!!!
    Last edited by tg1982; 05-26-2014 at 07:09 PM.
    - George Washington

- George Washington

I've gotten into Cap a little more lately since I've started reading Brubaker's run. I've also been reading Remender's run, but aside from Dimension Z (goofy but fun, IMO), it doesn't grab me as much.

BANNED

For a different creative team I'd like to see Gillen's take on Cap. Place Cap in the mystical realm for change. When was the last time he dealt with mystical aspect besides the Avengers and Baron Blood.

Extraordinary Member

You would? I'm not sure, I think Edmonson is the #1 choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    I've gotten into Cap a little more lately since I've started reading Brubaker's run. I've also been reading Remender's run, but aside from Dimension Z (goofy but fun, IMO), it doesn't grab me as much.
    I'll admit Captain America: The Iron Nail (or whatever it'll be called), was a little slow in developing, but now that it's picking up pace, I'm starting to dig it more and more.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    You would? I'm not sure, I think Edmonson is the #1 choice.
    I think He'd be a good pick, or maybe, Liu, I really liked her Black Widow run and think she could pull of a decent, solid Cap story.
    - George Washington

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Thanks! I hope that we BOTH will be enjoying Cap again!

Thanks for the recommendations! I'll have to check some of them out. Actual novels too? Hm. I was a big fan of Tom Clancy (still am) so I might check out some of his military novels. I really like Black Widow so I'll definitely check out his run on her, is it anything like Black Widow: The Name of the Rose? I really like that. Speaking of which, Marjorie Liu might be able to do a good Cap story, I think she's really good at characterization and development, and as I previously said, I really liked her Black Widow run.

Hrm. I may have to check that out...I'm love both creators.

In the Avengers books, he seems to get Cap pretty well, His Cap in Infinity was really good, IMO. It showed Cap more than just a "soldier" and showed more as a tactical leader than just an inspirational one.

I agree, his run on Thor so far has been really great and enjoyable, for me. Plus Asad Ribic's art is fantastic as well.

In all honesty, I'm not sure she'd be a good choice for Captain America, due to her writing style, which I think is great for Captain Marvel. But she'd be my "WTF" pick. You know, the pick no one saw coming.
    Yeah, I look forward to reading Cap again. And discussing it with everyone here. Until then, I will happily yammer on about how much I love Captain America The Winter Soldier. And why isn’t there a blu ray release announcement yet…

Greg’s an excellent writer all the way around. I hope he gets another chance to dip his toes in the Marvel military pool.

I haven’t read Liu’s Black Widow only because of KSD’s involvement. I think you’d like it though. That said, I’d try Marjorie’s Captain America if she wrote him.

Hickman’s Cap = thanks. I like when writers use all of Steve’s abilities and experience.

Re: Aaron guess I will be reading a little of his Cap, WS and Nick Fury once Original Sin is collected. I am particularly curious about how he’d tackle Steve since Cap is such a good man beneath the soldier. I don’t think I’ve ever read a pure character from Aaron - by pure, I mean inherently good with little to no traces of darkness (even the nun in the Ghost Rider series was a little off) If I have, I’m forgetting...

That Pacheo cover is nice!
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

I honestly think I'm incapable of being critical of Captain America. I'll read anything and everything they put out. I'll enjoy some runs less in hindsight, but overall I can't say there are many runs in his canon that I don't love for some reason or other.

Remender's Captain has been atypical, sure. On the surface it's really not what you expect when you open a Captain America book, all with it's Dimension Z and Doctor Mindbubble. The themes are entirely authentic though. These are Captain America stories to the core.

I dunno. It's good stuff.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.