Page 116 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2008
    Astonishing Member

Marvel did this before and it appears that it'll happen to Steve Rogers again within Issue #698........

And you can learn more about what's next for the Sentinel of Liberty, with this Linkage below.....

Captain America's on Ice.....Again..!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Marvel did this before and it appears that it'll happen to Steve Rogers again within Issue #698........

And you can learn more about what's next for the Sentinel of Liberty, with this Linkage below.....

Captain America's on Ice.....Again..!!
    Well, this should be cool - no pun intended!

I expect this will be a three issue arc, wrapped up in the anniversary issue, and not be a lengthy stay for Steve in whatever future time he finds himself.

However it goes, in Waid/Samnee I trust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Well, this should be cool - no pun intended!
    .....I'm kind of glad that you said it and I didn't....!!

I expect this will be a three issue arc, wrapped up in the anniversary issue, and not be a lengthy stay for Steve in whatever future time he finds himself.

However it goes, in Waid/Samnee I trust!
    It will be interesting indeed to see what the Waid/Samnee team have planned for the Star-Spangled Avenger.....

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Exclamation

The Trailer is FINALLY HERE!!!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I wonder if wer'e finally getting the energy shield, or are those gauntlets the best they can get Steve before he gets his real shield back?

Astonishing Member

Preview Pages of CAPTAIN AMERICA #696, via this Linkage.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Hmmm... doesn't look like they ended up getting Steve a shield like T'Challa asked for.

Bye bye, Waid.

MARVEL AVENGERS/CAPTAIN AMERICA
    Marvel Comics

Don’t miss this year’s Free Comic Book Day titles from Marvel, each featuring two 10-page stories that set the stage for upcoming game-changers in the Marvel Universe. Get ready as Heroes Assemble in the Marvel Universe! Please check back in the February issue of PREVIEWS and on freecomicbookday.com for future updates!

Rating: TEEN

32pgs, FC

https://freecomicbookday.com/Article...mics-Announced

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Do we think it's not Waid because it doesn't say a creative team?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bye bye, Waid.

MARVEL AVENGERS/CAPTAIN AMERICA
    Marvel Comics

Don’t miss this year’s Free Comic Book Day titles from Marvel, each featuring two 10-page stories that set the stage for upcoming game-changers in the Marvel Universe. Get ready as Heroes Assemble in the Marvel Universe! Please check back in the February issue of PREVIEWS and on freecomicbookday.com for future updates!

Rating: TEEN

32pgs, FC

https://freecomicbookday.com/Article...mics-Announced
    No reason to think that Waid/Samnee aren't staying on. Just because something big is happening with Cap doesn't mean that the creative team is changing.

But if it's not changing, wouldn't it have made more sense to give the slot to Iron Man instead? He's definitely changing creative team. This is also Cap's third FCBD in a row, after the CA:SR and Secret Empire preludes.

Also, Bleeding Cool has been posting about Waid only staying on for six issues for some time. Needless to say they reposted that claim today.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    But if it's not changing, wouldn't it have made more sense to give the slot to Iron Man instead? He's definitely changing creative team. This is also Cap's third FCBD in a row, after the CA:SR and Secret Empire preludes.

Also, Bleeding Cool has been posting about Waid only staying on for six issues for some time. Needless to say they reposted that claim today.
    With the FCBD issues, sometimes they're hyping something that's not due until the fall. The twelfth Waid/Samnee Cap would be out around October. I can see them having planned out a twelve issue run (six seems too short to me), a tight "quintessential Cap" run that would make for a great evergreen trade. So maybe this is going to be a tease for the incoming creative team. We'll see.

Why they wouldn't give the FCBD slot to Iron Man is probably because by the time the FCBD issue hits, the new creative team will already be on the book.

Astonishing Member

JIC you missed the 'Final Issue' of UNCANNY AVENGERS #30; Steve Rogers/Captain America did make an appearance within the final pages.

Cap 697 with Kraven the Hunter is nicely done. Art, and especially the coloring was good. Waid is taking his time with Cap’s wandering and my anticipation for reintroducing the supporting cast is getting a little drawn out. And we really haven’t seen a lot of backlash from Secret Empire nor what role Steve’s doppelgänger will take. I’m ready to settle in to this storyline but feeling a little disengaged.