Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

It's all good. There's something for everyone. Some folks can enjoy everything and that's terrific. Me, I'm notoriously picky.

(I'm not a fan of Remender's Zola either... and I usually enjoy Zola), it's Remender's style and how these story lines are being executed.

Personally, I can't wait until we see Brother Nature again. <ducks under computer>>> (she who would also like to see The Aquarian again, but he's not in Cap's realm...)
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Yeah, I look forward to reading Cap again. And discussing it with everyone here. Until then, I will happily yammer on about how much I love Captain America The Winter Soldier. And why isn’t there a blu ray release announcement yet…
    I've been waiting for the announcement too. It's taking FOREVER.

Greg’s an excellent writer all the way around. I hope he gets another chance to dip his toes in the Marvel military pool.
    I'll have to check out some of his work for sure now.

I haven’t read Liu’s Black Widow only because of KSD’s involvement.
    I think you'd like it, it has a lot of character development, a lot of espionage, and action as well, everything you could want from a Black Widow book.

I think you’d like it though. That said, I’d try Marjorie’s Captain America if she wrote him.
    I'll definitely check out his run on BW. The more I think of Liu on Cap the more I like the idea...

Hickman’s Cap = thanks. I like when writers use all of Steve’s abilities and experience.
    No prob. Yeah I was really happy with how Cap was portrayed in Infinity, especially how AvX portrayed Cap (everyone in all honesty). Hickman used Cap's inspirational leadership and tactical leadership abilities. There was a really good line in it between J-son and the Supremor, about why are they following a human (Cap) (I'm not sure if it was in Infinity proper, or a tie in, but it kind of exemplifies what Infinity was). If I find it I'll post it.

Re: Aaron guess I will be reading a little of his Cap, WS and Nick Fury once Original Sin is collected. I am particularly curious about how he’d tackle Steve since Cap is such a good man beneath the soldier. I don’t think I’ve ever read a pure character from Aaron - by pure, I mean inherently good with little to no traces of darkness (even the nun in the Ghost Rider series was a little off) If I have, I’m forgetting...
    Really? Hm...Hopefully we'll see in Original Sin.

That Pacheo cover is nice!
    I love it (I love everything by Pacheco), it's my favorite Cap cover.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I've been waiting for the announcement too. It's taking FOREVER.

I'll have to check out some of his work for sure now.

I think you'd like it, it has a lot of character development, a lot of espionage, and action as well, everything you could want from a Black Widow book.

I'll definitely check out his run on BW. The more I think of Liu on Cap the more I like the idea...

No prob. Yeah I was really happy with how Cap was portrayed in Infinity, especially how AvX portrayed Cap (everyone in all honesty). Hickman used Cap's inspirational leadership and tactical leadership abilities. There was a really good line in it between J-son and the Supremor, about why are they following a human (Cap) (I'm not sure if it was in Infinity proper, or a tie in, but it kind of exemplifies what Infinity was). If I find it I'll post it.

Really? Hm...Hopefully we'll see in Original Sin.

I love it (I love everything by Pacheco), it's my favorite Cap cover.
    Ugh yeah, tell me about the CATWS release…. it’s rare when I can’t wait for a dvd release. If it’s still playing at one theatre by my job next week, I may go one last time.

Greg knows his stuff and he understands a wide variety of Marvel characters. That always impresses me when a writer can clearly portray all the characters he’s writing. I’m glad he’s back at Marvel again.

Oh yeah AvX…glad Jonathan fixed that and used some of the best aspects of Cap’s knowledge and personality to boot. I haven't been reading Avengers and stopped reading NA after 3, but that's good to hear.

Aaron: don’t quote me on the pure character (but he seems to usually write anti-heroes; even Thor has a huge gray area (in his Thor anyway.) And since I only read the slightest bit of AvX (but heard about it on the old boards)…I’m curious.

I think I confused Pacheo with another artist (the fellow doing the WS: Bitter March interiors which I do not like), I can see why you like Pacheo’s work. That’s a great cover.

BANNED

When someone ask me why I'm a fan of Cap I just show them this

Extraordinary Member

Inspirational.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post

The page, from Daredevil, was when I first "got" Captain America. Miller wrote such a great Cap in that arc with Nuke to close out Born Again. Great, great stuff.

Ugh yeah, tell me about the CATWS release…. it’s rare when I can’t wait for a dvd release. If it’s still playing at one theatre by my job next week, I may go one last time.
    Yeah, me too. CA:TWS, IMO, is the best Marvel Studios movie to come out, second to Avengers.

Greg knows his stuff and he understands a wide variety of Marvel characters. That always impresses me when a writer can clearly portray all the characters he’s writing. I’m glad he’s back at Marvel again.
    That clinches it. I'm definitely going to have to check out some of his work, I might start with his Black Widow run, this weekend when I got to my LCS.

Oh yeah AvX…glad Jonathan fixed that and used some of the best aspects of Cap’s knowledge and personality to boot. I haven't been reading Avengers and stopped reading NA after 3, but that's good to hear.
    Yeah, AvX was just...horrible.

Aaron: don’t quote me on the pure character (but he seems to usually write anti-heroes; even Thor has a huge gray area (in his Thor anyway.) And since I only read the slightest bit of AvX (but heard about it on the old boards)…I’m curious.
    I see what you're saying.

I think I confused Pacheo with another artist (the fellow doing the WS: Bitter March interiors which I do not like), I can see why you like Pacheo’s work. That’s a great cover.
    Absolutely. Pacheco did Avengers: Forever with Kurt Busiek way back. That's when I first saw his art and instantly feel in love with it. I've been a HUGE Pacheco fan ever since.

Love both of these. Didn't J. Michael Straczynski write that Cap speech? If so he could be a choice for a Cap writer, in that speech alone he seems to get Caps character pretty well.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    Yeah, me too. CA:TWS, IMO, is the best Marvel Studios movie to come out, second to Avengers.

That clinches it. I'm definitely going to have to check out some of his work, I might start with his Black Widow run, this weekend when I got to my LCS.

Yeah, AvX was just...horrible.

Absolutely. Pacheco did Avengers: Forever with Kurt Busiek way back. That's when I first saw his art and instantly feel in love with it. I've been a HUGE Pacheco fan ever since.

Love both of these. Didn't J. Michael Straczynski write that Cap speech? If so he could be a choice for a Cap writer, in that speech alone he seems to get Caps character pretty well.
    Enjoy whatever you get of Rucka's. Thanks for the info on Pacheo, I'll definitely watch the solits to see where he goes next.

It was nice to see Nic Klein working on Cap, I hope he continues to whenever a new writer comes on board.

Enjoy whatever you get of Rucka's. Thanks for the info on Pacheo, I'll definitely watch the solits to see where he goes next.

It was nice to see Nic Klein working on Cap, I hope he continues to whenever a new writer comes on board.
    I really like Black Widow so I'll check that out, and maybe after that get some other stuff of Rucka's. As for Pacheco, I know he's doing at least one arc with Remender on Cap (starting with issue#22, I believe) and then I think (hope) Klein will be back, and they alternate arcs ( I would prefer two solo comics, but we know that's not practical).
    - George Washington

You should try Klein's Dancer series.

Great stuff.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Cap is a master of awesome speeches.

Extraordinary Member

Whats the WORST thing Cap'n has ever done?

Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post
    You should try Klein's Dancer series.

Great stuff.
    I read it. It was good. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Whats the WORST thing Cap'n has ever done?
    Pretty much anything from AvX, IMO. In particular when Namor flooded Wakanda killing civilians Cap saying "This proves I was right!" instead of something more centered on saving the civilians. But then again for AvX to "work" (I use that term, oh so loosely) everyone had to be written OOC.
    - George Washington

Ultimate Member

Yeah, Cap was portrayed very poorly in AVX. Quite honestly, I was on Cyclops's side there, and I'm pretty sure that I wasn't supposed to be (which shows how badly that event was written/executed). And as much as I like Cap, I wasn't a huge fan of his portrayal in CW either. Then again, none of the characters in those two events came out looking very well. Marvel should stop doing these "heroes vs. heroes" events if they can't make them work without writing the characters as ooc trigger happy morons.