Page 123 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2008
    Incredible Member

Attached Images Attached Images

has steve's artistic background been forgotten?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    has steve's artistic background been forgotten?
    Remender had Steve depression painting (when he thought Sharon and Ian were dead). Waid didn't reference it, but then Waid's recent run was only 9 issues, and four of those were about his decedent, not Steve, himself. Coates may bring it up, I mean we're only one issue in. I hope so, anyway.

Unpopular Opinion: I know everyone absolutely loved Brubaker (and I, too, liked him, don't get me wrong), but one of the things that sort of bothered me about his run was that it lacked certain... personality. All action, very little Steve Rogers. Just the little things, like Steve's talent for art, that add personalized touches to the character. I'm not saying a writer has to spend too much time dwelling on such things, but adding just quick hints or solo panels into personality beyond superheroing and belief systems is great. Like when Roy Thomas revealed that Steve is a Tolkien fan, or the way Stern wrote Steve's horror when Bernie wanted their first date to be a production "Oh! Calcutta!", that kind of thing.

Hey gang.. I'm starting to make the transition to trade paperbacks and trade waiting as it's more cost effective for me. So I'm taking the opportunity to catch up on characters I've always wanted to read but haven't been able to for budget reasons. Cap being one of the first ones. I'd like to stick to bigger collections like Ultimate or Complete collections if those are available. Any suggestions on where to start? What to avoid? I'm open for anything really. Thanks!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Remender had Steve depression painting (when he thought Sharon and Ian were dead). Waid didn't reference it, but then Waid's recent run was only 9 issues, and four of those were about his decedent, not Steve, himself. Coates may bring it up, I mean we're only one issue in. I hope so, anyway.

Unpopular Opinion: I know everyone absolutely loved Brubaker (and I, too, liked him, don't get me wrong), but one of the things that sort of bothered me about his run was that it lacked certain... personality. All action, very little Steve Rogers. Just the little things, like Steve's talent for art, that add personalized touches to the character. I'm not saying a writer has to spend too much time dwelling on such things, but adding just quick hints or solo panels into personality beyond superheroing and belief systems is great. Like when Roy Thomas revealed that Steve is a Tolkien fan, or the way Stern wrote Steve's horror when Bernie wanted their first date to be a production "Oh! Calcutta!", that kind of thing.
    Man, I totally agree. I'm almost at the point where the action is besides the point, and I find myself kind of skimming a lot of it. It just doesn't move me like it used to. But when a writer takes the time to build a character by adding the kind of touches you mentioned... then it engages me a lot more. It feels like these characters have become so iconic and well known that some writers have stopped trying to fill them out. Their uniform works as a shorthand for the entire character, maybe more so for Cap than any other, and while that can be good in some areas it really hinders in others. There's plenty of room under that iconography for personal touches and character development.

When an added touch clicks, it feels so natural and perfect. Of COURSE Peter Parker is a Mets fan. Damian Wayne would TOTALLY hate Harry Potter. These things ring so true that they couldn't be any other way. I know Bendis has many detractors, but he always took the time to add to the personalities of his characters. You might know a band they love or hate, or a celebrity they have a crush on, whatever. I loved Brubaker's run for a lot of reasons, but the heavy focus on BIG ACTION and REVEALS has diminishing returns. Character work pays off more and more as time goes on, building a deeper and deeper connection.

Is Cap as strong as 3 men or 10 men?

BANNED

Captain America #6 Jun 1998
    Power and Glory: Part 2 of 3. "Expose!" Guest-starring the Avengers.
    A sinister Skrull, who has been posing as the leader of Hydra for the past few months, is now posing as the Sentinel of Liberty himself.

Using the Capmania which has swept the nation, this alien villain plans to cause mass hysteria among the throng of innocent spectators

who've come to cheer on their hero, while the real Captain America is helpless to do anything about it.

Story by Mark Waid. Art by Dale Eaglesham and Scott Koblish.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Just Found this By Happening on You-Tube and as an Anime Fan and Former Video Edit it is Very Creative, Well Edited, Fun & Just EPIC!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Cap #3 out today. I’m betting on a Bucky/Sharon team up at some point. Looking forward to every issue so far.

Quote Originally Posted by tliscord View Post
    Cap #3 out today. I’m betting on a Bucky/Sharon team up at some point. Looking forward to every issue so far.
    I've loved it so far. Excited to read this issue this weekend

Marvel Studios Visual dictionary preview capitan america

BANNED

Captain America #7 Jul 1998
    Power and Glory: Part 3 of 3. "Hoaxed!" Guest-starring the Avengers and Fantastic Four.
    Using his shape-changing ability, an alien Skrull has caused nationwide panic and hysteria.

Neighbor has turned against neighbor.

Can Captain America find a way to quell this mass panic and defeat his slippery adversary before it's too late?

Story by Mark Waid. Art by Dale Eaglesham, Scott Koblish, Andy Kubert and Jesse Delperdang.

Cap is gonna die in Avengers 4.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Yup, the cap’ns dead.

Time to cancel the rest of the day and break out my Cap playlist.