Page 13 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    Pretty much anything from AvX, IMO. In particular when Namor flooded Wakanda killing civilians Cap saying "This proves I was right!" instead of something more centered on saving the civilians. But then again for AvX to "work" (I use that term, oh so loosely) everyone had to be written OOC.
    I don't buy that Cap would just show up on Scott's doorstep with a bunch of Hellicarriers and an army of Avengers and then DEMAND that Scott hand Hope over. No negotiations, just an ultimatum. Especially since Wolverine had already told him that Scott saw Hope as the mutant messiah and wouldn't hand her over without a fight. If Cap were written properly, then he'd have said to Cyclops "let's sit down and come up with a compromise that both sides can live with." That's the Cap that I know and love. He (and Cyclops for that matter) were portrayed as too trigger-happy and stupid during that event. Cap's attitude towards Scott at the end of the story rubbed me the wrong way as well. The hypocrisy, self-righteousness, and double-standards were annoying as Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah, Cap was portrayed very poorly in AVX. Quite honestly, I was on Cyclops's side there, and I'm pretty sure that I wasn't supposed to be (which shows how badly that event was written/executed).
    I get what you're saying. I, honestly, wasn't on anyone's side during AvX, but I was rooting for Cap and the Avengers (I admit my bias), I was forgiving for a lot of OOC stuff, but once I read the Wakanda flood scene, my heart sank and blood pressure went up. That was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back" for me.

And as much as I like Cap, I wasn't a huge fan of his portrayal in CW either. Then again, none of the characters in those two events came out looking very well. Marvel should stop doing these "heroes vs. heroes" events if they can't make them work without writing the characters as ooc trigger happy morons.
    I never read Civil War, I've heard mixed reviews about it.

Now for some Yay Cap!!!!! moments. And Some good Cap moments (in events) for me. I did like him in Fear Itself, the speech he gave to the average citizens turned militia, and the scene where after his shield gets destroyed Cap picks up a rifle (an M1 Garand, in fact) and when asked where he was going he replied "to man the front line" was really cool, and of course, I really loved this...

Cap with Mjolnir.jpg

I was talking with Cold_War_Myth about Infinity, and he was portrayed really good, IMO, Hickman showed off his tactical leadership (which not a lot of writers do) as well as his inspirational leadership.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

@tg1982 #($)(*!!!!@!)#(! - LOL that image of Cap holding mjolnir (I did not read most of Fear Itself. I skip the majority of events...)

Oh and release dates for Captain America: The Winter Soldier for home absorption > Digital is August 19th. Blu-Ray is September 9th.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    @tg1982 #($)(*!!!!@!)#(! - LOL that image of Cap holding mjolnir (I did not read most of Fear Itself. I skip the majority of events...)

Oh and release dates for Captain America: The Winter Soldier for home absorption > Digital is August 19th. Blu-Ray is September 9th.
    1) Yeah, that page alone, to me, makes Fear Itself awesome!!!!!
    2) Woohoo!!! August 19th!!!! But it's SOOOOOO far away!!!!!! LOL
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Extraordinary Member

Sadly there is no one-shot ;(

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    1) Yeah, that page alone, to me, makes Fear Itself awesome!!!!!
    2) Woohoo!!! August 19th!!!! But it's SOOOOOO far away!!!!!! LOL
    1) LOL - but we always knew Cap would be worthy.

2) Does her best mind-wipe procedure Bucky scream imitation: AARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Too. Far. Away.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    In hindsight, it would have been neat to see a Zola period one (hopefully they're saving that for Agent Carter...)

Maybe they'll start up again with the Guardians release.

In hindsight, it would have been neat to see a Zola period one (hopefully they're saving that for Agent Carter...)

Maybe they'll start up again with the Guardians release.
    I was hoping for a Zola one-shot too, but oh well. Winter Soldier remains my favorite movie of the year, so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    I was hoping for a Zola one-shot too, but oh well. Winter Soldier remains my favorite movie of the year, so far.
    Toby Jones was just so good. Fingers crossed we might see something in Agent Carter or in future one shots. Yeah, I'll be super surprised if anything tops WS for me this year film-wise.

I don't buy that Cap would just show up on Scott's doorstep with a bunch of Hellicarriers and an army of Avengers and then DEMAND that Scott hand Hope over. No negotiations, just an ultimatum. Especially since Wolverine had already told him that Scott saw Hope as the mutant messiah and wouldn't hand her over without a fight. If Cap were written properly, then he'd have said to Cyclops "let's sit down and come up with a compromise that both sides can live with." That's the Cap that I know and love. He (and Cyclops for that matter) were portrayed as too trigger-happy and stupid during that event. Cap's attitude towards Scott at the end of the story rubbed me the wrong way as well. The hypocrisy, self-righteousness, and double-standards were annoying as Hell.
    Oh wow. I can't believe I missed this post. Sorry, about that.
    I agree 100%. But if they did that then who would they fight? Villains? What, are you crazy? Heroes don't fight villains.
    But yeah Cap came of really sanctimonious, and Cyke like a wannabe Gran Torino Eastwood.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    That makes me kind of sad actually.

1) LOL - but we always knew Cap would be worthy.

2) Does her best mind-wipe procedure Bucky scream imitation: AARRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Too. Far. Away.
    1) Yep, he's lifted it, what, 3 times now? Besides, if Cap ain't worthy, then no one is, not even Thor!!!! LOL.
    2) I know!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    That's because you're obviously awesome!!!

Toby Jones was just so good. Fingers crossed we might see something in Agent Carter or in future one shots. Yeah, I'll be super surprised if anything tops WS for me this year film-wise.
    That's because you're awesome too!!!!
    - George Washington

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

I haven't seen DOFP yet.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

1) The Cap knitted plushy is freaking ADORABLE!!!!
    2) Is a great piece of art!!!! Very good likeness.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    The bottom one has a very good likeness to Chris Evans.
    I'll say! It's pretty awesome!
    - George Washington

Some new pics of Captain America's uniform from Avengers: Age of Ultron

60178-3.jpg
    Full shot from the side

tumblr_n3a0u9H2QR1rqed5jo1_500.jpg
    A nice quality close up

Captain_America_Age_Of_Ultron__scaled_600.jpg
    Side by side comparison of current 616 Cap and Avengers: AoU Cap.
    - George Washington