Page 132 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2008

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    A problem with that is today's cover prices for regular issues of comic books means the Giant-Size issue would may be . . . $7.98?!?

And there's always the question of whether they should have any new material (as many of them did when Marvel first started putting out the "Giant-Size" line) or be all-reprint titles (as they eventually were before Marvel stopped publishing them all together).
    If DC has an ongoing deal with Wal-Mart for exclusive comics/100-page compilations, Marvel should do a similar deal with a retailer. we'll see?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    If DC has an ongoing deal with Wal-Mart for exclusive comics/100-page compilations, Marvel should do a similar deal with a retailer. we'll see?
    And do we know how well those Walmart comics from DC are doing?

Hell, I've never even seen one, and I've looked at three different Walmart locations!

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Not the original. Cap talks about it in a monologue during one of the earlier issues.
    i know they aren't the original. i was under the impression that they were real soldiers who volunteered to have their outward appearance altered to look like the original Nuke (whose skin was artificial to begin with). MajorHoy referred to them as "clones." i was just doubting that they used the genetic material of the first Nuke.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    . . . MajorHoy referred to them as "clones" . . .
    That terminology came from the marvel.wikia entry for "Power Elite (Earth-616)".
    Here's where marvel.wikia goes into more detail on the "Nuke Clones":

All-New Member

Just caught up on the Coates issues. They're the first Cap I've read since I stopped reading comics waaay back in 2011 or so, and I must say it's comforting to drop right back in to a story drawing so heavily on the era I knew best, haha.

And do we know how well those Walmart comics from DC are doing?

Hell, I've never even seen one, and I've looked at three different Walmart locations!
    I'd be fine with 50% new material, 50% reprints. maybe at Target, or Books-A-Million.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Has a "Captain America signal" ever been used in a story? Could be fun. Also a CapMobile. He could use a cool car.

Is the 1950s Cap/Grand Director still alive? What would have been his take on Hydra America?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

It’s nice to see Lukin back. I always felt there was more to him in Brubakers run and he quickly became secondary to Red Skull. I hope this time he comes across as a separate threat.

That terminology came from the marvel.wikia entry for "Power Elite (Earth-616)".
    Here's where marvel.wikia goes into more detail on the "Nuke Clones":
    weird. i'm not sure that it really clears it up for me though. Frank Simpson was torn to pieces and deactivated prior to Hydra taking over. oh well. I'll just ignore it.

How is the current run Coates? Is it worth getting?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    yes, a hundred times over.

yes, a hundred times over.
    I have to say he does Cap pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    yes. but, full disclaimer, I didn't like Coates writing prior to this.

Welp, here we go

Captain America is the last person that i'm worried about. he's the kind of character that they approach with care (moreso after the Hydra story). there are other characters that I worry about.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Welp, here we go

lol this made me laugh
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!