Page 14 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

A nice one from behind showing Cap's shield, so yes he does get it back after dropping it into the Potomac in CA:TWS, LOL.

avengers-age-of-ultron-tournage-captain-america-shield.jpg
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

I got to say, I think this costume is the best one yet...
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Love it!!!! It's so classic!!!!! It's got four of my favorite Avengers in it!!!
    1) Captain America (obviously)
    2) Scarlet Witch
    3) Wasp
    and last but certainly not least...
    4) Hawkeye!!!!
    - George Washington

I'll miss the stealth suit, but Cap's AoU costume is looking really great. The extra red seems a little unnecessary, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    I'll miss the stealth suit, but Cap's AoU costume is looking really great. The extra red seems a little unnecessary, though.
    Really? I prefer the extra red over the grey that was in his other two suits. Just my opinion, though. I would like to see full gloves instead of cutoff gloves, though. But overall, I like it the most.
    Last edited by tg1982; 06-01-2014 at 12:12 AM.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    Really? I prefer the extra red over the grey that was in his other two suits. Just my opinion, though. I would like to see full gloves instead of cutoff gloves, though. But overall, I like it the most.
    I don't mind red as a color, but once it starts overtaking a costume, it can get pretty bland (unless it makes sense thematically). It's not as bad on AoU Cap's suit as other examples, but it's a personal peeve of mine.

Extraordinary Member

I love the 'A'.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post

That last one is nice.

The stealth suit is my favorite too. There was some subtle dark red in that costume which I liked a lot.

I understand the red here, but it's applied in a way that I'm not crazy about. Still, it's nothing. Those gloves/gauntlets are awesome though.

Re: Back shot > I figured once Cap was found on the shore of the Potomac, someone would recover his shield. That's the only sample of vibranium around too.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Ultimate Member

A nice one from behind showing Cap's shield, so yes he does get it back after dropping it into the Potomac in CA:TWS, LOL.

avengers-age-of-ultron-tournage-captain-america-shield.jpg
    It was sitting in his hospital room when he woke up at the end of the movie.

I don't mind red as a color, but once it starts overtaking a costume, it can get pretty bland (unless it makes sense thematically). It's not as bad on AoU Cap's suit as other examples, but it's a personal peeve of mine.
    I see. Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    The stealth suit is my favorite too. There was some subtle dark red in that costume which I liked a lot.

I understand the red here, but it's applied in a way that I'm not crazy about. Still, it's nothing. Those gloves/gauntlets are awesome though.
    I really didn't like the stealth suit, tbh, I didn't hate it, but it was/is my least favorite Cap suit. Does that make me weird?
    I will say that at first I'm wasn't too crazy about the gloves but the more I see them the more I like them.

Re: Back shot > I figured once Cap was found on the shore of the Potomac, someone would recover his shield. That's the only sample of vibranium around too.
    Yeah, he has it in the hospital room, you can find it if you know where to look, (it's leaning up against the foot of the bed, IIRC).

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It was sitting in his hospital room when he woke up at the end of the movie.
    Yeah, I know, but some people didn't believe me when I said it, or simply ignored me. So, anyways they have to believe me now!!!!! LOL.
    - George Washington

I really didn't like the stealth suit, tbh, I didn't hate it, but it was/is my least favorite Cap suit. Does that make me weird?
    I will say that at first I'm wasn't too crazy about the gloves but the more I see them the more I like them.

Yeah, he has it in the hospital room, you can find it if you know where to look, (it's leaning up against the foot of the bed, IIRC).
    I prefer the rescue P.O.W. costume from CATFA and the stealth suit as far as the MCU. I suppose due to Cap being the most real world super powered super hero, him wearing something practical with the shield acting as the symbol of what he stands is plenty for me.

I completely understand Cap fans wanting as close to the traditional look as possible and I'm glad we've gotten to see both.

You know, 14 theatrical viewings in I never caught the shield at the foot of his hospital bed!!! Thanks for the info. I knew they retrieved it, but I still haven't seen it. I will definitely have to look for that whenever I see the film again.

Some press photos from the soon to open Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. exhibit in Times Square, NYC.

I have to get my tail to this one...at least once.

For more info, watch this page.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 06-01-2014 at 04:08 PM.

I prefer the rescue P.O.W. costume from CATFA and the stealth suit as far as the MCU. I suppose due to Cap being the most real world super powered super hero, him wearing something practical with the shield acting as the symbol of what he stands is plenty for me.

I completely understand Cap fans wanting as close to the traditional look as possible and I'm glad we've gotten to see both.

You know, 14 theatrical viewings in I never caught the shield at the foot of his hospital bed!!! Thanks for the info. I knew they retrieved it, but I still haven't seen it. I will definitely have to look for that whenever I see the film again.
    1) Do you mean with the bomber jacket and helmet?
    2) Yeah, I think the Avengers: AoU costume comes closest (to his Marvel NOW! costume) while still translating well to the screen (His "Bail Bonds" one is of course the closest, but lets not kid ourselves, it translates to screens horribly).
    3) First, 14!?, now that's impressive! I've only done 11. Second, yeah, it's really quick and from the side so it's not that easy to see, unless you're looking for it, I found it on my 3rd or 4th viewing.

Some press photos from the soon to open Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. exhibit in Times Square, NYC.

I have to get my tail to this one...at least once.

For more info, watch this page.
    I've only skimmed through it (no time) but from what I saw it's really awesome!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to check it out more later.
    - George Washington

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison