Page 15 of 134 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    1) Do you mean with the bomber jacket and helmet?
    2) Yeah, I think the Avengers: AoU costume comes closest (to his Marvel NOW! costume) while still translating well to the screen (His "Bail Bonds" one is of course the closest, but lets not kid ourselves, it translates to screens horribly).
    3) First, 14!?, now that's impressive! I've only done 11. Second, yeah, it's really quick and from the side so it's not that easy to see, unless you're looking for it, I found it on my 3rd or 4th viewing.

I've only skimmed through it (no time) but from what I saw it's really awesome!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to check it out more later.
    1) Yup. I like that helmet and brown leather jacket a lot. The whole ensemble really (with the 'Bail Bonds' peeking out underneath - as long as that isn't dominant ) Can't wait to this costume up close at the Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. exhibit. I love the original shield too.

2) Yeah, you're probably right about the AoU costume.

3) I rarely see a movie more than a time or two theatrically given the price and quality these days, but when a favorite character and/or storyline is done so damn well, thankfully I had the ability to do so. Shield, yeah I'll have to watch for that.

Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. > I did not expect so much Cap in the exhibit (yeah I know,CATWS is still fresh in everyone's minds), but I was pleased to see him so thoroughly represented.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Extraordinary Member

Shame its not in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    1) Yup. I like that helmet and brown leather jacket a lot. The whole ensemble really (with the 'Bail Bonds' peeking out underneath - as long as that isn't dominant) Can't wait to this costume up close at the Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. exhibit. I love the original shield too.

2) Yeah, you're probably right about the AoU costume.

3) I rarely see a movie more than a time or two theatrically given the price and quality these days, but when a favorite character and/or storyline is done so damn well, thankfully I had the ability to do so. Shield, yeah I'll have to watch for that.

Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. > I did not expect so much Cap in the exhibit (yeah I know,CATWS is still fresh in everyone's minds), but I was pleased to see him so thoroughly represented.
    1) I think that ensemble was really cool too. But let's be honest, bomber jackets make EVERYTHING cool.

2) Yeah, I really like Cap's Marvel NOW! costume, not at first, but now I think it's a great "modernization" of Captain America. The AoU costumes seems to best resemble it.

3) Same here. Tickets are pretty expensive, so when I see a movie multiple times, it mean I REALLY love the movie... Prior to CA:TWS, Avengers was the most seen movie by me, 9 times.

4) Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! People can say what they want, but Disney is great when it comes to stuff like this. And the fact that freaking NASA is involved!? Awesome!!!! LOL at the Captain America grip strength test (You loose all the time ).

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Shame its not in the UK
    I know how you feel. Unless it travels to the west coast, I'll probably never get a chance to experience it.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

I really didn't like the stealth suit, tbh, I didn't hate it, but it was/is my least favorite Cap suit. Does that make me weird?
    I will say that at first I'm wasn't too crazy about the gloves but the more I see them the more I like them.
    No, you are not the only one who didn't like the stealth suits. I was so happy when Cap went back to his classic costume for the finale.

The suit from the first Cap movie, the make shift costume he wore to go rescue Bucky from Hydra and his AoU costume are his best costumes, imo. One reason why I like the Cap, Thor and IM movies is that they brought back some colour to superhero movies.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

When does 'Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N.' run until? I may have to hop down and check this out. It looks like a tonne of fun.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

1) I think that ensemble was really cool too. But let's be honest, bomber jackets make EVERYTHING cool.

2) Yeah, I really like Cap's Marvel NOW! costume, not at first, but now I think it's a great "modernization" of Captain America. The AoU costumes seems to best resemble it.

3) Same here. Tickets are pretty expensive, so when I see a movie multiple times, it mean I REALLY love the movie... Prior to CA:TWS, Avengers was the most seen movie by me, 9 times.

4) Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! People can say what they want, but Disney is great when it comes to stuff like this. And the fact that freaking NASA is involved!? Awesome!!!! LOL at the Captain America grip strength test (You loose all the time ).

I know how you feel. Unless it travels to the west coast, I'll probably never get a chance to experience it.
    1) Yes brown bomber jackets make everything cool (Cap and Snake Plissken have them > WIN!!! )

2)You've politely posted Cap's Marvel Now costume and I forget since I do not really look at Cap's costume when I read stories with him. But I will take your word for it.

3) I've almost tied my record.

4) I haven't been to a Disney attraction (outside of movies now) for a very long time. I'm looking forward to this.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    When does 'Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N.' run until? I may have to hop down and check this out. It looks like a tonne of fun.
    Since they're having "technical difficulties" in getting it ready for public viewing,IDK Those Discovery World exhibits (where this is housed) vary depending on the exhibit. Best bet is to keep checking this link to buy tickets. Bummed I missed the Spy exhibit last year...

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    No, you are not the only one who didn't like the stealth suits. I was so happy when Cap went back to his classic costume for the finale.

The suit from the first Cap movie, the make shift costume he wore to go rescue Bucky from Hydra and his AoU costume are his best costumes, imo. One reason why I like the Cap, Thor and IM movies is that they brought back some colour to superhero movies.

Yeah, I mean, I liked his stealth suit, but to me it wasn't Captain America, it was Commander Rogers. As for bringing color back to superhero movies, I tend to agree. Most before (Blade, Batman Trilogy, and X-men) all wore dark or black, costumes, which is fine, but it made everything dark and emo, IMO.

Do it, bro! Do it for both of us!!!

1) Yes brown bomber jackets make everything cool (Cap and Snake Plissken have them > WIN!!! )
    Indeed. I would like to own one.

2)You've politely posted Cap's Marvel Now costume and I forget since I do not really look at Cap's costume when I read stories with him. But I will take your word for it.
    Here you go. A side by side comparison...
    Captain_America_Age_Of_Ultron__scaled_600.jpg

3) I've almost tied my record.
    14 isn't even your record!? What is it?

4) I haven't been to a Disney attraction (outside of movies now) for a very long time. I'm looking forward to this.
    Me neither, since I was like, 12 (I think). I hope if/when you go you have fun!!!!
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Yeah, I mean, I liked his stealth suit, but to me it wasn't Captain America, it was Commander Rogers. As for bringing color back to superhero movies, I tend to agree. Most before (Blade, Batman Trilogy, and X-men) all wore dark or black, costumes, which is fine, but it made everything dark and emo, IMO.

Indeed. I would like to own one.

Here you go. A side by side comparison...
    Captain_America_Age_Of_Ultron__scaled_600.jpg

14 isn't even your record!? What is it?

Me neither, since I was like, 12 (I think). I hope if/when you go you have fun!!!!
    To me the stealth suit means espionage and stealth so I really enjoy that. I understand about color though. I love a varied color palette for costumes and many superhero costumes reflect a bright and fun look. I agree with Marvel bringing the color back film-wise.

I hope more folks from this board can go to this exhibit. And more importantly, I hope it's a traveling show. Disney has the means to do that.

I owned a brown bomber jacket (back in my Plissken cosplay days. Got trashed in a nasty rain storm (thanks Thor... ) They're great jackets especially when you get a vintage one. Hope you can own one.

BTW, do you know about this Marvel film jacket replica house? They sadly don't have Steve's jackets from CATFA... but you might want to take a look. If funds clear I may have to get Natasha's brown leather jacket for myself. I didn't really pay attention to it in CATWS, but it's nice. If they had Bucky's CATFA navy peacoat I'd be all over that.

Ah! Thank you for posting the Cap NOW costume yet again tg1982. You're right, AoU does look like this suit.

15 viewings is my record.

Thanks. I'll be sure to take a lot of photos when I do (providing they let you do that...)

Extraordinary Member

I want that suit.

BANNED

When it comes to Deadpool I don't expect many of his team ups to be given respect except to look like utter incompetence to make Deadpool shine in his own series though I suppose the same can be said about any title with a team up issue. With that said this was perhaps this part of the Deadpool comic that made me smile with Cap in it.

Kuddos to Posehn and Shalvey

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

To me the stealth suit means espionage and stealth so I really enjoy that. I understand about color though. I love a varied color palette for costumes and many superhero costumes reflect a bright and fun look. I agree with Marvel bringing the color back film-wise.

I hope more folks from this board can go to this exhibit. And more importantly, I hope it's a traveling show. Disney has the means to do that.

I owned a brown bomber jacket (back in my Plissken cosplay days. Got trashed in a nasty rain storm (thanks Thor... ) They're great jackets especially when you get a vintage one. Hope you can own one.

BTW, do you know about this Marvel film jacket replica house? They sadly don't have Steve's jackets from CATFA... but you might want to take a look. If funds clear I may have to get Natasha's brown leather jacket for myself. I didn't really pay attention to it in CATWS, but it's nice. If they had Bucky's CATFA navy peacoat I'd be all over that.

Ah! Thank you for posting the Cap NOW costume yet again tg1982. You're right, AoU does look like this suit.

Thanks. I'll be sure to take a lot of photos when I do (providing they let you do that...)
    15 viewings? Damn that must've been a good film.

Come with! Hahaha.

I'd imagine a weekend jaunt to NYC from Las Vegas can't be all that expensive? It'd cost me about the to fly from here (Montréal) to Vegas as it does to NYC.

We can full geek out on Cap exhibits together.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    15 viewings? Damn that must've been a good film.
    In hindsight, no, but it was one of my most favorite characters for many a year at that point. I never expected to see CATWS so many times but the story, characterization and action blew me out of the water. That I enjoy it even more than the source material is the icing on the cake.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 06-04-2014 at 05:43 AM.

You have a point about the stealth suit. I may have to rethink my stance on it...(I like spy and stealth stuff too).

If it's a moving exhibit, that would be awesome! It would definitely increase my chances of going.

That's so cool you owned a bomber jacket, I'm going to check out that site when I'm done with this.

No problem, I like posting pics. LOL. And I think Cap's AoU costume is really close to his Marvel NOW! costume as well.

15!? That's really impressive.

I'm sure they'll let you take photos. Maybe not in certain parts, though.

Come with! Hahaha.

I'd imagine a weekend jaunt to NYC from Las Vegas can't be all that expensive? It'd cost me about the to fly from here (Montréal) to Vegas as it does to NYC.

We can full geek out on Cap exhibits together.
    I don't know, I'm kind of broke, and it'll be hard to save enough, plus my job and other personal things would keep me from going, if the travel to California (or even better, here) then I could probably go...
    Other wise I so would take you up on that offer.

In hindsight, no, but it was one of my most favorite characters for many a year at that point. I never expected to see CATWS so many times but the story, characterization and action blew me out of the water. That I enjoy it even more than the source material is the icing on the cake.
    What movie did you see 15 times?
    - George Washington

You have a point about the stealth suit. I may have to rethink my stance on it...(I like spy and stealth stuff too).

If it's a moving exhibit, that would be awesome! It would definitely increase my chances of going.

That's so cool you owned a bomber jacket, I'm going to check out that site when I'm done with this.

No problem, I like posting pics. LOL. And I think Cap's AoU costume is really close to his Marvel NOW! costume as well.

15!? That's really impressive.

I'm sure they'll let you take photos. Maybe not in certain parts, though.

I don't know, I'm kind of broke, and it'll be hard to save enough, plus my job and other personal things would keep me from going, if the travel to California (or even better, here) then I could probably go...
    Other wise I so would take you up on that offer.

What movie did you see 15 times?
    I never quite understood the stealth suit until I saw the film. I know Steve did some covert things comics-wise, but I completely got the need for that suit within the first few minutes of the movie.

I hope you find a jacket you like at that site.

I hope Cap has more than an extended cameo in AoU.

15 times about 18 years ago > when going to the movies did not break the bank.

I hope this travels so you can go. I've missed a lot of cool events for the same reason.

Okay, I'm embarrassed but the film in question was Escape From L.A. and what kills me is I've yet to see the vastly superior Escape from New York on the big screen (or The Thing and Big Trouble in Little China for that matter.) I'd been a massive Snake Plissken fan for many years at that point and almost got a shot at interviewing Kurt. In hindsight, he was a lot of fun but the movie wasn't. There were a couple of scenes that were worth revisiting that many times though.