Page 22 of 134 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Like who?

Well my dream of course would be to get Bru back, but I'd even give Waid a try. I don't care for his Hulk run but his run on DD seems to show he's better at street level guys. Since Avengers Undercover is being cancelled I wouldn't mind seeing what Hopeless could do.

Honestly, I'm just sick of Remender. The art is fine
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    I'm a relatively new fan of Captain America but I really like the character. I'm collecting the epic books, have the Brubaker omnibus editions and the Marvel Now series.

I do have one question if someone could help.

Other 'good guy' heroes occasionally lose their temper. For example, Spider-Man has storylines like Death of Jean DeWolfe or Back in Black where he goes off the rails a bit. There are numerous elseworlds/what ifs where Superman loses it, I was just wondering if anyone has any examples of Cap getting a bit angry/out of control. I don't mind if there aren't any, one of the things that draws me to the character is that he is a bit more measured and controlled.
    During the storyline "Live Kree or Die" Cap is fighting a super-soldier Kree and get knocked into a room with hundreds of dead humans. The Kree super-soldier say something like "Sorry about the mess, this is war..." Cap see the obvious Holocaust comparison, gets super pissed, and does this to him...

cap's kree ownage.jpg

Then more recently Zola re-acquired Ian who Cap raised and loves as a son. Cap after essentially "gutting" himself to purge a virus given to him by Zola goes after him...

Cap all business.jpg

One last instance, way back during the Captain America and The Falcon days, in one of my essentials, Sharon gets shot and Cap thinks she's dead and he loses it, strangling the man near death but at the last second stopping thus not killing him.
    Last edited by tg1982; 07-05-2014 at 10:17 AM.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BTW, I love Cap's speech to the super-soldier Kree.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Incredible Member Marvel Forever's Avatar

I think that Cap's appearances in both the Captain America films and the Avengers films have really increased his popularity.

Please tell me we're not going to have to tolerate another new Cap?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    During the storyline "Live Kree or Die" Cap is fighting a super-soldier Kree and get knocked into a room with hundreds of dead humans. The Kree super-soldier say something like "Sorry about the mess, this is war..." Cap see the obvious Holocaust comparison, gets super pissed, and does this to him...

cap's kree ownage.jpg

Then more recently Zola re-acquired Ian who Cap raised and loves as a son. Cap after essentially "gutting" himself to purge a virus given to him by Zola goes after him...

Cap all business.jpg

One last instance, way back during the Captain America and The Falcon days, in one of my essentials, Sharon gets shot and Cap thinks she's dead and he loses it, strangling the man near death but at the last second stopping thus not killing him.
    Thanks for that info and for the scans too. Good to see he's always fighting for those who need it and always ends up doing the right thing

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    Well I loved Bucky-Cap, to the point that I was disappointed when Steve retook the mantle (character progression, kill it, kill it with fire). So I'm going to see where this goes before making any judgments.

To be honest I could've lived with Barnes as Cap, and Steve as the head man at SHIELD. But they burned that down (as you said) so I'm not ready to take another chance

To be honest I could've lived with Barnes as Cap, and Steve as the head man at SHIELD. But they burned that down (as you said) so I'm not ready to take another chance
    Yeah, that really wasn't a bad situation. It could have lasted longer. Which is why I think it's too soon to bring in another new Cap. It's probably going to be the Falcon, so I'm not sure how I feel because Sam deserves some credit, but I wish he could just be awesome as himself. I just think it's a bit too soon for Steve to put down the shield again.

BANNED

Apparently this was put by an X-Fan of a "Where are they now." Its pretty funny and rather petty.
    http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/4759386.html#comments

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Yeah, that really wasn't a bad situation. It could have lasted longer. Which is why I think it's too soon to bring in another new Cap. It's probably going to be the Falcon, so I'm not sure how I feel because Sam deserves some credit, but I wish he could just be awesome as himself. I just think it's a bit too soon for Steve to put down the shield again.
    I hope it's not Sam. The Falcon is hero to be respected in his own right IMO.

I hope it's not Sam. The Falcon is hero to be respected in his own right IMO.
    Agreed! I don't like the idea of Falcon finally starting to make it into the big leagues and then to get defeathered(pun absolultey intended)like this is just dumb.

Seems like we will.

I'm not sure how to feel about this. In my mind, Steve is Cap, and Cap is Steve. No one else can come close. Bucky did actually, but no one else. But I've really liked Remender's run so far, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, at least for now...besides it'll only be a few issues and either A) Sales drop and they return to status quo. B) It was never intended to be a long arc or C) Both A and B.
    - George Washington

I don't mean this in an offensive way. But anyone wearing the uniform was only keeping it warm for Steve. He's the only Cap