Page 32 of 134 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    The Guy with a Poleaxe FrostyFlakes's Avatar
    Just messing around in the Helicarrier...

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Omega View Post
    I'm actually having a very difficult time posting on many of the threads here, ESPECIALLY the X-boards. What's up with all of the Cap hate?
    I'll quote this one for what's up with the Cap hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    Its just your typical Cap hate for wearing bright colors and being less grim.
    Anyways...

Well I have been reading comics without stop since the late 70s (born 1970) and I collected and read Captain America comics (and he was/is one of my favorite characters) and I also think the current run is horrible. I tried to give Dimension Z a try and I found it awful and amateurish. I also think the creative team is getting Cap wrong as a person and they don't get what makes him and his situation unique.

In any case, Old Steve was done before when Red Skull de-aged him back in issue #300 I think for their last epic fight (at that time). So as of now I am off of reading Cap in his own book and until the story changes - maybe new creative team - I won't return.
    I'll be honest, I've seen a few scans of Remender's run of Captain America and it's not exactly my cup of tea. The Old Steve was the last strike for me to distance from the comics for a bit. My veins were already about to burst when I saw him in that situation.
    Brave Bear Bunny (SHSO) l Agent Tacitus (MAA)
    Signature Hero: Captain America
    "Anyone up for a game of Vibranium Frisbee?"

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I'm eager to see Hydra new role in the falcon cap series especially if thier apperence in Winter Soldier the bitter march is tied in, with it. I wish steve was still cap but Sam taking the role for a, bit sounds fun. Here's hoping Bucky can show up now and then to, see falcon.

Steve being old now will bring a, new dynamic to the, book and to All New Invaders
    X-Men Forever

i'm going to stick with this comic for now as i am enjoying the iron nail arc. i am reassured to see that others get where i am coming from with regard to the storytelling and characterisation i hope to see bucky turn up a bit more, and i'm interested to see how falcon gets on as the new cap.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyFlakes View Post
    I'll quote this one for what's up with the Cap hate.

Anyways...

I'll be honest, I've seen a few scans of Remender's run of Captain America and it's not exactly my cup of tea. The Old Steve was the last strike for me to distance from the comics for a bit. My veins were already about to burst when I saw him in that situation.
    I did not write: Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flag View Post
    Its just your typical Cap hate for wearing bright colors and being less grim.

BANNED

Here you go Jack Flag

I don't get down on people for liking the Dimension Z story. When I say I don't like it I want to flesh out why I don't like the story and how Cap is characterized.

I can't figure out how to post a picture of that Masters Of Evil scene but here it is, Cap at his most human and relatable. FU to Remender.

http://marvel1980s.blogspot.com/2009...-avengers.html
    I don't get down on anyone for anything they like. I just express my opinion and respect theirs
    "At my core I was never a hero, I was a hunter"

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Frank Miller talks about why he'd write Captain America if he were to work at Marvel again.

I'd give his Cap a go.

i can't say i would. miller used to be one of my favourite writers, but 9/11 seems to have taken a psychological toll on him. i fear he would distort cap into some sort of islamophobic fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Here you go Jack Flag
    Much thanks. So compare this scene with the scene where Remender had Cap burn his memorabilia. Since I found this scene by Stern written in a powerful and memorable way - having Steve put a torch to his past life seemed wrong - fake even.

Here you go Jack Flag
    Hey! I keep on seeing this around Tumblr. I can't help but to feel for him whenever I see this.

Much thanks. So compare this scene with the scene where Remender had Cap burn his memorabilia. Since I found this scene by Stern written in a powerful and memorable way - having Steve put a torch to his past life seemed wrong - fake even.

i agree 100%, particularly with the fake bit. i feel remender's writing of cap's character isn't as subtle as it could be. perhaps that will come with a bit more time.

BANNED

Wait Rememder did that!? While I understand the reason the execution and reason is awful. Yes Cap should move on but Remender should not make look as if The past should be damned. Glad I'm not reading the title, makes me wish someone of Ed's caliber was writing him.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    Wait Rememder did that!? While I understand the reason the execution and reason is awful. Yes Cap should move on but Remender should not make look as if The past should be damned. Glad I'm not reading the title, makes me wish someone of Ed's caliber was writing him.
    He did it for a reason though. It wasn't for himself. It was for Jet. It was a gesture to demonstrate that while difficult, one can let go of the past.

She had betrayed her father, and was of two minds on her actions. He made this sacrifice to help her cement her resolve.

Context is important. He didn't just up and torch his things. It was an act of deep generosity. That it cost him something dear was the point.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Why thank you!

It's alright, I've already gotten past that phase since the worst bullying cases I've dealt with were in High School. So yeah, I'm going to pull it off soon.

COOL as in literally!

Also Cap's a long-standing Ice Bucket champion; frozen in ice for a long time? Yeeeah... -gets shot for lame joke-
    LOL. Yeah you're right on that.

Just for some re-assurance... I'm already done with Maskless Avengers Cap.

I'm going to upload this alongside a Bucky Cap artwork (with a twist; he's going to wear also the Avengers costume with the Bucky Cap elements); but I won't make spoilers about that unless I change my mind.

Looks great!

That's is an excellent moment in Caps history.

Reason why I really love the guy is because he stands by what he believes in to the point of being uncompermisable. Never caving in to evil and always finding a way to do the right thing. This is probably one of my favorite moments of Steve....

I also like the fact that for the most part he is just a normal guy and he manages to stand toe to toe with some of the most powerful people in his universe. Doing so not with power but skill and ingenuity. Makes a fun read for sure.
    One of my favorite quotes from Steve, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by stingnewell View Post
    On the Bright side Cap defeated Master Chief in a popularity vote

I gotta say, they did a really good job on Cap's suit.

I take back what I said about not posting that mask-less Avengers Cap artwork. My busy life has been eating my time for drawing stuff; so here... I'll toss in my artwork!

I'll post my artwork that features a MCU-fied Bucky Cap soon and it's supposed to go with this artwork I have posted right now. I'm still sketching it in my free time.
    Another nice piece!

I have actually liked all of Rememenders run. To which I was surprised because I was pretty sure I would hate it. The deminsion Z story line to me is among some of the best Cap stories I have read.
    I agree. In that arc, Remender really displayed Cap's determined "At any cost" attitude that first drew my to Cap way back when...his run isn't perfect but neither was Brubaker's or anyone else's for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    He did it for a reason though. It wasn't for himself. It was for Jet. It was a gesture to demonstrate that while difficult, one can let go of the past.

She had betrayed her father, and was of two minds on her actions. He made this sacrifice to help her cement her resolve.

Context is important. He didn't just up and torch his things. It was an act of deep generosity. That it cost him something dear was the point.
    I agree 100%
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    Another nice piece!
    Oh, uh... Thanks!

Now, I must make magic with that anti-bullying thing.

Just watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier on blu-ray (I've watched it countless times since I've gotten it when it was first released). Nice to know it still holds up. I'm not bored with it in the least. Still a great movie...
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington