Page 33 of 134 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    He did it for a reason though. It wasn't for himself. It was for Jet. It was a gesture to demonstrate that while difficult, one can let go of the past.

She had betrayed her father, and was of two minds on her actions. He made this sacrifice to help her cement her resolve.

Context is important. He didn't just up and torch his things. It was an act of deep generosity. That it cost him something dear was the point.
    Of course then he crapped all over it by having Cap and co immediately turn on Jet last issue, SOLELY on Sharon's (who knows what Zola did to her mind) word.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Of course then he crapped all over it by having Cap and co immediately turn on Jet last issue, SOLELY on Sharon's (who knows what Zola did to her mind) word.
    Yeah it was really dumb mostly because they just got Sharon back and had run precisely zero tests on Sharon for mind control, drugging, etc and even then the question arises on why the hell Zola would ever let Sharon see him discussing a plan with his daughter in the first place. It takes a massive amount of PIS....now if Sharon had come back with that yarn and they had found a communicator or something planted on Jet then yeah u might have a case.

that was odd. you would think the group would be more inclined to think sharon was mistaken. it was a good read though. and if jet is out of the picture for a while then all the better imo.

so the next issue will be a number 1...again. so this will be volume 8? the days of a comic getting up to issue 700 are well and truly over.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I think the word of his finace, whom he's known most of his modern life, weighs in far heavier than the word of Jet in Steve's opinion.

And he didn't 'turn' on her. He merely suggested that she submit to protocol until it was sorted...much the same as happened when she first arrived on earth.

You're just in a rush to complain about everything, aren't you? You b*tch and moan when Sharon 'died', and now you b*tch some more when she's accorded her due respect.

You're literally just looking for a reason to complain. Jeeze.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

i don't want to get in the middle of what looks like a long standing...debate? squabble? between you two, i just want to add my two cents about how the issue came across. i think it is fair to question why steve didn't give more pause before suggesting jet go into detention. he knows that dimension z can effect perspective, and that zola could easily have manipulated sharon. maybe i have projected onto steve's character something that isn't there but i didn't think he was the knee-jerk type, and that fairness is important to him. putting someone in restraints and detaining them without any actual evidence is not very fair. someone in that group who has experience of dimension z and armin zola (eg steve or ian) should have at least put it to sharon that she may have been mistaken. it was a plot device and not a very convincing one to me.

i did say once that i would really like it if remender introduced some humour into the comic, and falcon's comments as he recovered were most welcome. i did feel the jokey tone of falcon's début as cap was a bit disjointed after what had preceded but i definitely appreciate the introduction of some levity.

I'm happy that Steve Rogers is still in the books.

I'm not sure how I feel about Falcon's new Cap uniform, it seems a bit too...busy to me, maybe it'll grow on me.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Extraordinary Member

Same. Whilst I'm a huge Bucky fan, his Cap'N costume was crap

I'm hoping FalCap is good, so when Rogers becomes Cap again they might consider a Falcon run.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Same. Whilst I'm a huge Bucky fan, his Cap'N costume was crap
    Personally I found that Bucky's Catain America costume was one of the better costumes, especially better than Falcon's with its pointless goggles and lack of the iconic A.

Extraordinary Member

The goggles are kinda silly but it makes sense. Wait, is he still flying???

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Cool

Capt's Thread Deserve its OWN Post of the EPIC and Long Awaited Avengers 2 Trailer!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Yes. They incorporated his wings into his new suit.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Capt's Thread Deserve its OWN Post of the EPIC and Long Awaited Avengers 2 Trailer!

EPIC, indeed CJ!! I CAN'T wait for this movie!!!!!
    - George Washington

I don't really get their point. I mean he's been flying for years as Falcon yet they choose now of all times to give him goggles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I don't really get their point. I mean he's been flying for years as Falcon yet they choose now of all times to give him goggles.
    Does it really matter? Seems like a funny thing to complain about....