Page 36 of 134 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Just saw this on Twitter an I thought it was was coolest/funniest thing ever and had to share it!

https://twitter.com/mikedeodato

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Just saw this on Twitter an I thought it was was coolest/funniest thing ever and had to share it!

https://twitter.com/mikedeodato
    This...is...fricken'...ADORABLE
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Ultimate Member

So, Marvel's "reasoning" in regards to this whole Captain Falcon thing puzzles me. "Hey, lets have a new Cap, and make him Black to boot. Only lets then also immediately turn him into a gigantic A-hole." Brilliant thinking there Marvel, just brilliant, ugh,

Bad timing for a new Cap. Not a great showing for Sam if all you're reading is Axis.

Though at least he's getting a lot of attention in an event. Good exposure to a wide readership even if he is inverted. Hopefully, they'll have a big redeeming moment for him later on. I remember Bucky was a very minor player in all the major events (Secret Invasion, Siege, Fear Itself) during his tenure.

BANNED

If they continue showings like these the only thing they will really do is ruin him for everyone. Not a good way for people to get on board as fans.....

*sigh*

If they continue showings like these the only thing they will really do is ruin him for everyone. Not a good way for people to get on board as fans.....

*sigh*
    I hope it's part of a bigger plan. Otherwise, I fear you're right.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Upcoming solicits for a new Captain America mini:

ALL-NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA: FEAR HIM #1-4
    DENNIS HOPELESS (W) • SZYMON KUDRANSKI (A)
    Covers by SIMONE BIANCHI
    ISSUE #1 –
    • A hungry villain has returned to feed on the city’s fear.
    • It’s up to the All New Captain America and Nomad to curb his appetite… Which might be easier if they weren’t always at each other’s throats.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    ISSUE #2 -
    • All New Captain America searches the sewers for the missing Nomad…
    • While the Scarecrow and his army of terror crows do their worst.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    ISSUE #3 –
    • Cap and Nomad reunited!
    There’s not much this dysfunctional duo can’t handle…
    • Except, of course, when one of them is having a violent psychotic episode.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    ISSUE #4 -
    • It’s Nomad’s last stand. As the Scarecrow’s terror pheromone has taken Captain America’s mind… But that’s really the least of his worries.
    • What does it take to scare a man who grew up in a Dimension of boogie men?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

- George Washington

Extraordinary Member

A lot of Nomad!

Captain%20America2.jpg
    My Captain America avatar

avengers-marvel-now-1-costume.jpg
    Another great Captain America pic

Samuel_Wilson_(Earth-616)_from_Captain_America_Vol_7_25_001.jpg
    All New Marvel NOW! Captain America
    - George Washington

*sigh*
    I encountered this sentiment for the first time this week. I'm a little dumbfounded by it, to be honest.

Sam is kind of that character that only Captain America fans truly know and love. His showings outsided of the various itterations of Cap & Falcon are few, and often disasterous (when he first joined the Avengers, he was portrayed as petty and perpetually angry). Even his last headlining role in the early 2000's 'Cap & Falcon' was far from flattering (introducing the concept of him having been a pimp, and having him revert into a full on a**hat, eventually going full gangster before up and running off).

His solo book has had an amazing first issue this month (sooooo freaking good!!). I'm not overly concerned that he's inverted like everyone else in AXIS over various titles.

Admittedly, though, I was a little taken aback by AXIS #4, when we first meet him again after the inversion. Bloodlust (Red Skull or not) really is the last thing you expect to see from Sam.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

*sigh*
    Good point. In fact I was thinking the same thing when I first read CA and the MA. When I was seeing how evil Sam was, I was thinking "not a great way to start you're new mantle career Cap".
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Just wanted to pop and tell you guys that Sam has his first stint as Captain America on comixology! It's on the Infinite comic format! I'm really digging it so far!
    I read the whole six issues. It was pretty cool. My only regret is that Marvel isn't making anymore like they did with Wolverine: Japan's most wanted.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Missed out on most of RR's CA run but picked up the first issue of all-new Cap and freaking love it! Dazzling art + RR's writing = win!

Lightbulb Tremor Shield

When I think of the rich populism-politics history of America, I remember the contributions that the great cartoonist Thomas Nast made in the arena of political criticism, and I consider the contributions that the great labor-activist Jimmy Hoffa made in the arena of employment organization. I begin to think about the rich social dialogue in America that creates fertile ground for a people-friendly superhero such as Captain America.

Captain America makes no illusions about the certainty of danger created by society's most ominous nemeses such as Red Skull. All he does is use his skills, shrewdness, and strength (and mighty shield) to create zones of peace and euphoria, and maybe that's enough!