Page 4 of 134 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Star View Post
    Yeah, twice. I wanted to see it a third time. Who knows - I might just do that if Days of Future Past gets poor reviews.
    Yeah, I saw it twice, too. One in 3-D, and one regular.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    "I am Captain America" pictures continue...

Attachment 927
    New Mutants

Attachment 929
    Secret Avengers

Attachment 930
    Secret Warriors
    I like the nod to the good old American pastime, having Baseball on a Capt Cover just feel and looks right all around.

The other 2, Paying tribute to Soldiers and Doctors is Great Honor IMO, Very Happy and Proud of those too Covers! :-)
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    I like the nod to the good old American pastime, having Baseball on a Capt Cover just feel and looks right all around.

The other 2, Paying tribute to Soldiers and Doctors is Great Honor IMO, Very Happy and Proud of those too Covers! :-)
    Yeah, they say baseball is "America's pastime" so it would makes sense that Steve would be into it. Also I like how the doctor's scrubs is like Cap's chainmail and she puts on red gloves.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

In the old thread I posted pictures displaying my Captain America memorabilia, so I've decided to go ahead and post it on here as well. Let everyone see my Capness!!!!!

Starting with...

Captain America bag.jpg
    My vinyl Captain America bag. I bought it at my LCS.

Captain America's shield keyring.jpg
    I actually have two of these. This one on my pinned on my wall, and a second one on my keychain. I bought these at my LCS as well.
    Last edited by tg1982; 05-05-2014 at 10:53 PM.
    - George Washington

Some more of my Captain America memorabilia...
    My set of POP! Marvel Captain America Vinyl Bobble Heads, all purchased at my LCS...

Classic Captain America vinyl bobble head.jpg
    Classic Captain America Vinyl Bobble Head.

Captain America Avengers vinyl bobble head.jpg
    Captain America Avengers Vinyl Bobble Head

Captain America The Winter Soldier vinyl bobble head.jpg
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier Vinyl Bobble Head
    Last edited by tg1982; 05-05-2014 at 11:19 PM.
    - George Washington

More of my Captain America collection...

Captain America vinyl bobble heads.jpg
    My set of POP! Marvel Vinyl Captain America Bobble Heads.

Captain America wallet.jpg
    My Captain America wallet. This was a secret Santa gift from a friend at work two years ago. I'm thinking of "retiring" it so it doesn't get anymore worn out, but I just can't bring myself to do it just yet...

Captain America Coffee Mug.jpg
    My Captain America Coffee Mug!!! Bought at my LCS.
    - George Washington

Captain America memorabilia, this time plushies!!!!!!

Captain America claw machine plushy.jpg
    I've had this Captain America plushy for years now...it cost me only $0.50!!!! Believe it, or not, I won it in a claw machine on the first try!!!!

Captain America Avengers plushy.jpg
    This is my Avengers Captain America plushy, purchased at my LCS.
    - George Washington

The final piece of my Captain America memorabilia...
    The piece de resistance...
    The crown jewel of my collection...

Captain America Randy Bowen statue 1999 #1.jpg

Captain America Randy Bowen statue 1999 #3.jpg

Captain America Randy Bowen statue 1999 #2.jpg

My CAPTAIN AMERCIA STATUE BY RANDY BOWEN 1999!!!!!!!!!
    The day I got this was one of the happiest days of my life (concerning all things comics). I still get a smile when I remember the day I brought it home...
    Last edited by tg1982; 05-05-2014 at 11:43 PM.
    - George Washington

Fantastic Member

Nice collection, man!

Quote Originally Posted by RD! View Post
    Nice collection, man!
    Thanks! In September there is another statue of Cap I want to get...

Here it is at amazon.com

- George Washington

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Very nice collection, tg1982. I'm watching a couple of Hot Toys Rescue Cap figures on eBay, in hopes of replacing the one I broke trying to swap out the hands. That is my favorite Cap figure. I really like the character, but I'm more partial to a more real world costume (like the Rescue and the S.H.I.E.L.D. costumes.)

I've crossed double digits in my CATWS viewings for various reasons: hope to catch it another few times in the theater. Wish the IMAX 3D was still playing around here, that was glorious.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Extraordinary Member

I'm very tempted to get some Funko.....

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Very nice collection, tg1982. I'm watching a couple of Hot Toys Rescue Cap figures on eBay, in hopes of replacing the one I broke trying to swap out the hands. That is my favorite Cap figure. I really like the character, but I'm more partial to a more real world costume (like the Rescue and the S.H.I.E.L.D. costumes.)

I've crossed double digits in my CATWS viewings for various reasons: hope to catch it another few times in the theater. Wish the IMAX 3D was still playing around here, that was glorious.
    Thanks! I hope you're able to get your Cap figures! I actually like the Marvel Now! costume, at first I was neutral towards it, now I really dig it. I hope it's his costume for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm very tempted to get some Funko.....
    I really like their POP! Bobble Heads. There are a few other characters I'd like to get.
    - George Washington

All-New Member

If you like JRJr then you'll love "Castaway in Dimension Z" (Remender's first arc), IMO, it is fantastic!
    I am 6 issues into it at the moment, it is a rollercoaster for sure! Really enjoy the scene's of Steve's childhood, and the main plot keeps adding layers. I've been enjoying it. Romita Jr. was having fun, that shows in the art.

Those were some neat Cap items you have, especially that statue. I would buy that new Marvel Now! one in a heartbeat if I was able. I agree the new suit looks really cool. When I saw Opeña's(right?) rendition of it in Hickman's Avengers 1 my jaw practically dropped.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Thanks! I hope you're able to get your Cap figures! I actually like the Marvel Now! costume, at first I was neutral towards it, now I really dig it. I hope it's his costume for years to come.
    From your fingers to my eBay bids > make it so. I guess I haven't really seen Cap's Marvel Now costume since I haven't read past issue 5 of CA and 3 of NA. Has it changed that much?

I hope you get your Kotobukiya statue (Do you have to assemble those?)

Thanks again for sharing your collection tg1982 > awww to the Cap plushie.

DebkoX hope you get a Funko.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy