Page 58 of 134 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Always liked plan Pencil Art with now inking or coloring, brings out details that only that style can.

Looks SO Photo-Real hear, the artist has a Incredible talent, got Evan's Capt down to the perfect detail!

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    I apologize if these have already been posted. I and some others post a lot of pics of Captain America, and I'm not about to go through almost 60 pages to be sure. LOL.
    Not worth going threw ALL those pages bro, even if any of thoses images are re-posts my philisophy is that is it always good to relive them from pages past!

So it is all COOL!!!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

The 1st would make an EPIC Wall Painting, I hang that ON my Wall!!! ;-)

The 2nd is By Alex Ross I Believe and if show his work is on a Kirby Level of Legend all the Time, he really knows how to make his work both Legendary and Retro at the time time! Ross Captures Capt here in all the Ways he should look as the Sentinel of Liberty!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Always liked plan Pencil Art with now inking or coloring, brings out details that only that style can.

Looks SO Photo-Real hear, the artist has a Incredible talent, got Evan's Capt down to the perfect detail!
    I like that style too.

Not worth going threw ALL those pages bro, even if any of thoses images are re-posts my philisophy is that is it always good to relive them from pages past!

So it is all COOL!!!
    That's how I feel too. There are WAY too many pages to go through, and if the art is good, then seeing it again is just a bonus anyways.

The 1st would make an EPIC Wall Painting, I hang that ON my Wall!!! ;-)
    Me too. I think the artist really did a great job.

The 2nd is By Alex Ross I Believe and if show his work is on a Kirby Level of Legend all the Time, he really knows how to make his work both Legendary and Retro at the time time! Ross Captures Capt here in all the Ways he should look as the Sentinel of Liberty!
    I thought it was Ross as well but wasn't a hundred percent sure, but it is truly spectacular. One of my favorite pieces.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

I think what it is, is that they respect one another. I'm not a Vet myself so I can't speak from personal experience, but my Grandpa before he died, and many other vets from interviews, talked about the "Bond of Brotherhood". You my not agree or even like each other, but, in times of war, you're brothers. They fought together in, perhaps, the biggest war in human history. There is a bond there. They've gone at it many times, but there is still a respect for each other. At least that's how I always interpreted their friendship.
    First off great story by your Grandfather he sounds like a good man second well I'm just going by the two's long history of antagonization towards each other here are my scans to prove it.

Doesn't seem like brotherhood.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio1989 View Post
    Doesn't seem like brotherhood.
    Friends, and family, fight from time to time. I never said they got along like BFFs. I said it's more like a mutual respect for each other.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

I really like this pic. I got it saved to my computer.
    - George Washington

I've been trying to get acquainted with some older Cap comics, now that Steve Roger's is retired from the job. I have been eyeing the Mark Gruenwald run. Should I just read his greatest hits, or or is it worth it to buckle down and read his entire 100+ issue run?
    Or what do you guys suggest to someone who has only read Brubaker's run up to the present Remender runs? Any runs worth fully reading or is it all Greatest Hits trade reads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I've been trying to get acquainted with some older Cap comics, now that Steve Roger's is retired from the job. I have been eyeing the Mark Gruenwald run. Should I just read his greatest hits, or or is it worth it to buckle down and read his entire 100+ issue run?
    Or what do you guys suggest to someone who has only read Brubaker's run up to the present Remender runs? Any runs worth fully reading or is it all Greatest Hits trade reads?
    I've only read Streets of Poison by Gruenwald, it was good. Mark Waid had a great run on Captain America, the art by Ron Garney was fantastic too. Dan Jurgens had a pretty good run as well.
    - George Washington

Would you guys consider the 75th anniversiry collection book coming out in Oct. worth the 200.00$?

It Has:
    Collecting CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #169-175, #255 and #445-448; CAPTAIN AMERICA (2005) #8-9 and #11-14; and ALL-NEW CAPTAIN AMERICA #1-6 — plus material from CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS #1-2, #7 and #10; CAPTAIN AMERICA (1954) #76-78; TALES OF SUSPENSE #72-74 and #92-94; and CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #357-362.
    824 PGS./Rated T+ …$200.00

I'm a big Cap fan so I'd definitely consider it. Is it in color or black n white like the essentials?
    - George Washington

Bluebird

I've only read Streets of Poison by Gruenwald, it was good. Mark Waid had a great run on Captain America, the art by Ron Garney was fantastic too. Dan Jurgens had a pretty good run as well.
    The initial Waid run from before the Heroes Return revival of Cap had some great, Tom Clancy-style superhero action, with the "Man without a Country" storyline being the high point of it all. As for the aforementioned Heroes Return stuff, it brought some neat concepts like a Skrull taking advantage of Cap's increasing popularity to misdirect people (was also used as a plot point in the recent Avengers EMH cartoon), and Nightmare utilizing the metaphysical concept of American Dream to corrupt people who have achieved that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    The initial Waid run from before the Heroes Return revival of Cap had some great, Tom Clancy-style superhero action, with the "Man without a Country" storyline being the high point of it all. As for the aforementioned Heroes Return stuff, it brought some neat concepts like a Skrull taking advantage of Cap's increasing popularity to misdirect people (was also used as a plot point in the recent Avengers EMH cartoon), and Nightmare utilizing the metaphysical concept of American Dream to corrupt people who have achieved that goal.
    Yeah, next to Brubaker, Waid is a close second, IMO. My favorite story by him was "Operation Rebirth" which directly lead into "Man without a Country", which was a great arc as well.
    - George Washington

This is a Pretty Cool Poster, Hoping that we get a glimps of Spider-man on the Movie and seeing what the MCU wants to do with him!

HEY......This one Looks Familiar.....I think I might have seen this before!

WOW, Very Photo-Genic! I am serious, the artist got it down so real looking, it is very impressive!

I like the use of more light and vibrant colors cause it makes it more heroic and comic book looking. Gives the good old Red, White & Blue Costume the Glory/Heroic look it Deserves!