Page 67 of 134 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2008
    BANNED

Happy Birthday Frank Miller!!!

Marvel Fanfare v1 #18, 1985 - A Brooklyn neighborhood is terrorized by a band of arsonists, forcing Captain America to take action. This Frank Miller tale is much earlier than the publication date, possibly a tryout exercise for Marvel. Even so, many of his visual techniques are evident, from the dynamic figure drawing to the careful sequencing.

BANNED

By contrast, Miller's front and back covers are drawn in his more recent, rough linear style.

BANNED

Captain America v1 #255, 1981 - Marking the 40th anniversary of Cap's first appearance, Frank Miller designs a sufficiently nostalgic cover, complete with the original masthead from Captain America Comics #1.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I thought Redwing was the only bird he could communicate with because of the Cosmic Cube.
    Nope, Sam can communicate with all birds. In the Mighty Avengers, before Secret Wars, he was able to track down criminals by having pigeons follow them. Also in Hickman's Avengers, When they are on Mars (IIRC), he was able to communicate with the avian wildlife created by those to characters, whose names escape me at the moment.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

I wonder if they plan on doing variant covers on other titles in honor of Captain America, like the "I am Captain America" covers they did a while back? I think it'd be pretty cool.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Cap vs. a Kree super soldier, by the name of Bron-Charr. To set it up, this takes place during the "Live Kree, or Die" story arc. Bron-Carr and Cap are fighting when Bron-Charr hits Cap though a wall into a room and destroying his replica shield he used for a time. Cap looks up and see hundreds of dead civilians, in an obvious resemblance of the Nazi death camps of WW2. The Kree were running tests on them. Then, Cap gets pissed...

Captain America vs. Kree Super Soldier.jpg
    - George Washington

As much as i love ROgers as Cap,. i do think Sam was doing a damn good job in the suit. His current run has been the best thing Marvel has released in a long time (my personal opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by IronLantern View Post
    As much as i love ROgers as Cap,. i do think Sam was doing a damn good job in the suit. His current run has been the best thing Marvel has released in a long time (my personal opinion)
    First, let me start by saying welcome to the CBR forums!

Second, I agree that Sam was doing a good job as Captain America, I'm happy that he will still be on as a Captain America, after Steve goes back to being Captain America as well. It's nice to see that they're not just going to revert back to normal, at least, not right away.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    First, let me start by saying welcome to the CBR forums!

Second, I agree that Sam was doing a good job as Captain America, I'm happy that he will still be on as a Captain America, after Steve goes back to being Captain America as well. It's nice to see that they're not just going to revert back to normal, at least, not right away.
    Thanks man,. i appreciate it

I also kind of feel like them bring Rogers back already,. kind of makes Sam as cap pointless. There is no reason to have two caps. Maybe its just sour grapes,. but i was pretty excited about this current run. Them introducing a new Falcon soon was pretty cool too,. then I saw the rogers news,. and well,. got a little dissapointed

Thanks man,. i appreciate it
    You're welcome.

I also kind of feel like them bring Rogers back already,. kind of makes Sam as cap pointless.
    I don't think it's pointless, Sam is continuing his run as Captain America, and even keeping the classic shield.

There is no reason to have two caps. Maybe its just sour grapes,.
    Sure there's a reason! to please three kinds of fans, the ones who want Steve back as Cap, the ones who want Sam to be Cap, and the ones like me , who want both being Cap.

but i was pretty excited about this current run. Them introducing a new Falcon soon was pretty cool too,. then I saw the rogers news,. and well,. got a little dissapointed
    Well, I'm sorry you're disappointed, but at least they're still continuing Sam's run, and both comics are by the same writer, so there is a better chance of synergy and continuity between both titles.

I like Sam as Captain America, but to me Steve Rogers IS Captain America, and Captain America IS Steve Rogers. Having said that, I was still happy that Sam would get a shot at being Captain America. My hopes is this will propel Sam to get a solo once Steve becomes the sole Captain America again. But hopefully that won't be for a while as I think Sam is doing a good job as Captain America right now.
    - George Washington

Greetings, Chicken!!! Mantis Girl 94's Avatar

I think of you TG as the #1 Cap fan but I have to disagree with you a little bit.

I think of Steve as Cap and No One Else...Period!!!! Everyone else that has worn the red, white, and blue are just pretenders to the throne....characters that mostly cannot carry their own title without stealing Cap's persona. If they want to make Sam a good book, then make it a bad ass book to read! He is super cool in the movie;..........Just need the right writers and "maybe" they will come.

I've never liked Falcon as a character on his own but I liked him as part of the supporting cast in Brubaker's Cap run. That said, I'm fine with Steve and Sam as two different Captain Americas but let's be honest, Steve needs his shield back.

Paul Renaud Avengers cover variant

Dear Marvel, can you please make this happen?! Kris Anka's designs for a Captain America animated series:

Has Sam encountered Battlestar yet? It's way past time that they have some interactions and compare notes.