Page 7 of 134 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm glad they didn't pick an actor who was disgustingly muscular.
    Agree on this. You really could not tell when Chris has the uniform on, which is good. And his build makes sense with all the shield slinging.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 05-12-2014 at 11:32 AM.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I really don't like Chris Evans. Weak physique, lack of charisma, and those sideburns really annoyed me. But I put it with it all because there won't be another Cap for 10 years at the earliest.

I'm also waiting for Remender's run to blow over. I'd actually really like Ewing to take over and I can only dream of someone like Milligan or Ellis.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Why not? They're awesome.
    That they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Here's a link to my Captain America CGC page on my site .. enjoy the pics

http://www.kenworthing.com/CGC.html
    That's really cool. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    Love Captain America. I thought both his movies were handled great.

I think so too. Chris Evans is a perfect fit for Cap. Hopefully he decides to extend his contract, and portray Cap for a long time (just wishful thinking, I know).
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    I really don't like Chris Evans. Weak physique, lack of charisma, and those sideburns really annoyed me. But I put it with it all because there won't be another Cap for 10 years at the earliest.

I'm also waiting for Remender's run to blow over. I'd actually really like Ewing to take over and I can only dream of someone like Milligan or Ellis.

Agree with bolded. We may see another very obvious Cap before that if they commit the Death of Captain America on screen. As a fan of the obvious replacement, I'd rather NOT see that happen. As I've said elsewhere, I think it could work anyway.

Evans surprised me (used to him wise-cracking as Jensen or Johnny Storm), I think he embodies what Cap is all about, but that's me.

Who would you have cast instead?

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Picking from the actors I know wouldn't work, but in the auditions I'd have gone for someone taller, blue eyes and blond hair, with a deep voice and a capacity for sarcasm. I'm actually not familiar with with Fantastic Four films, but Evans still seems like much more of a Torch than a Cap to me.

I think for a comic writer, I'd like to see someone who can do self aware, and channel the trademark '80s heroics from the time of Stern, DeMatteis, and Gruenwald.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

I recall reading in some magazine theft ultimate cap is pretty much the same as marvel 616 except no pirate style boots, less compromising, and maybe some other characteristics I'm missing.

So peak human this is the next step in human evolution and fourth and inches from super human?
    Even though he is classified as peak human what he can do that exceeds humans seems superhuman including able to punching through a steel wall or hit wolverine easily who has a adamantium Skelton with no problem.
    Recovering from gun shot wounds at a far faster rate than humans.

Red skull the archenemy of Captain America
    This is one super villain that is first rate and so unique he doesn't need a tights costume. With a damn dreadful red face you know it's gloom and doom when you say this guy.
    He's rocked the suits, black combat boots and combat pants plus the military style medium length leather jacket, and others i may be forgetting.

Red Skull captain America rivalry
    More then just two guys fighting it's oppression vs freedom, dictatorship vs democracy, nazism vs United States.
    So much damn egregious blood they could not be more different.

BANNED

Extraordinary Member

I also can't wait for a new creative.

So I saw Captain America 2 the other day. What an excellent movie. Loved it from beginning to end.

However, did anyone feel that Sharon Carter was shoehorned in as a last minute thing? To me it felt like they were really pushing the Cap and Widow relationship. Seemed they were really close at times and then just cut off.

Is there a thread for discussing the winter soldier movie because I can't find it?

I thought the movie was fantastic (by FAR the best marvel movie yet) but if theres a thread for it I'll put my thoughts there.

All-New Member

I for one am really digging Rick's run on Captain America. Hope he stays for a good while. Dimension Z was very good.

Add me to the list of people that want a new writer

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
    I for one am really digging Rick's run on Captain America. Hope he stays for a good while. Dimension Z was very good.
    I agree. I loved Dimension Z. And I'm really digging The Iron Nail arc as well.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    So I saw Captain America 2 the other day. What an excellent movie. Loved it from beginning to end.

However, did anyone feel that Sharon Carter was shoehorned in as a last minute thing? To me it felt like they were really pushing the Cap and Widow relationship. Seemed they were really close at times and then just cut off.
    The screenwriters tried to do more with Sharon, but given the scope and amount of characters, they decided not to. I thought they did not shoe-horn her in.

They were pushing Cap and Black Widow as two S.H.I.E.L.D. agents who have gone on several missions and joke around with each other, but also they really do not know or understand each other until this film.

Now that Sharon is in the C.I.A. that may play out in a variety of different ways and she might come to Cap's aid when he really needs it. He has to learn to trust her too, but that's Steve's thing.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 05-15-2014 at 05:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Sharon was ok, I can't complain, neither too little or too much. Just enough.