Page 80 of 134 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2008
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    Wow! You've been busy! LOL.

And you're going to continue to be busy.
    I went cuckoo this year for Cap! I love his character more than ever, and I believe more than one of your reccomendations helped reinforce that. I've even pre ordered a super nice looking shield from Amazon, due right before my birthday in September.

My wife told me she'd go to just one super movie this year. Being that Batman vs Superman ended up being a Batman (yawn) movie instead of a sequel to Man of Steel (yay!), I'm taking her to CW.

Quote Originally Posted by Götterdämmerung View Post
    I went cuckoo this year for Cap! I love his character more than ever, and I believe more than one of your reccomendations helped reinforce that. I've even pre ordered a super nice looking shield from Amazon, due right before my birthday in September.
    That's awesome!

My wife told me she'd go to just one super movie this year. Being that Batman vs Superman ended up being a Batman (yawn) movie instead of a sequel to Man of Steel (yay!), I'm taking her to CW.
    It's a shame that BvS: DoJ is seemingly turning out to be a bad movie, I was hoping they could give Marvel some competition. But yes, if you're only going to one super hero movie this year, than Captain America: Civil War should be it!
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Extraordinary Member

Civil War SHOULD win the day.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Civil War SHOULD win the day.
    Hey! It's been a while.

Yeah, CA:CW should do really well. Considering.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

BANNED

Hey! It's been a while.

Yeah, CA:CW should do really well. Considering.
    It's such a great story, even better with the new Captain America/Iron Man collected trade. May I have opinions on the Jurgens/Cap run, please?

It's such a great story, even better with the new Captain America/Iron Man collected trade. May I have opinions on the Jurgens/Cap run, please?
    Jurgens' run is average, IMO. Not really spectacular. There are things that I liked and things that I didn't like (Protocide).

I liked the action and physicality he brought to Cap. He really made the push to put Cap more towards the "enhanced" side of the physical level, then the "just a man" side (As many writers tended to do.). And he showed Cap's skill level in fighting and using the shield. But most of his stories were just kind of mediocre. The only one I remember is "Protocide" and that's because I didn't like it.

What I didn't like was the Protocide story. Jurgens almost ruined Cap's origin with Protocide. Thankfully it seems to have be "retconed by ignoring".

I honestly couldn't really recommend this as surely as I have the other recommendations. You may really like it, or really dislike it, or find it kind of "meh".

If you're a fan of Thor, then I do recommend his Thor run. I found that to be quite enjoyable, very much so, in fact. I really liked his "Dark Gods" story arc, and his Thor vs Thanos and Mangog arc.
    Last edited by tg1982; 03-30-2016 at 10:00 AM.
    - George Washington

BANNED

Jurgens' run is average, IMO. Not really spectacular. There are things that I liked and things that I didn't like (Protocide).

I liked the action and physicality he brought to Cap. He really made the push to put Cap more towards the "enhanced" side of the physical level, then the "just a man" side (As many writers tended to do.). And he showed Cap's skill level in fighting and using the shield. But most of his stories were just kind of mediocre. The only one I remember is "Protocide" and that's because I didn't like it.

What I didn't like was the Protocide story. Jurgens almost ruined Cap's origin with Protocide. Thankfully it seems to have be "retconed by ignoring".

I honestly couldn't really recommend this as surely as I have the other recommendations. You may really like it, or really dislike it, or find it kind of "meh".
    Right off, I don't like the idea of Cap's origin being messed with. Sounds to me as though I'd be happier just rereading "Man Out of Time"

Right off, I don't like the idea of Cap's origin being messed with. Sounds to me as though I'd be happier just rereading "Man Out of Time"
    I must have been editing while you were typing. I don't know if you're a fan of Thor as well, but if you are then I added...

If you're a fan of Thor, then I do recommend his Thor run. I found that to be quite enjoyable, very much so, in fact. I really liked his "Dark Gods" story arc, and his Thor vs Thanos and Mangog arc
    - George Washington

BANNED

OHHHHH, this is GOOD news! I'm a huge fan of Thor, SIMONSON RULES! I also really like the Aaron and Michael J. (I can never remember how to spell his last name). Oh, this is great, GOT to check out the Jurgens, thanks! I've got "American Nightmare" and "To Serve and Protect" coming in, can't wait. I tried to get into "Living Legend", but it just seemed kind of blah to me. The Morrell "Chosen" was good (also pretty cool that it was written by the guy who wrote First Blood!).

BANNED

Looks like I might have to start out with Thor: The Death of Odin, looks great.

OHHHHH, this is GOOD news! I'm a huge fan of Thor, SIMONSON RULES! I also really like the Aaron and Michael J. (I can never remember how to spell his last name).
    J. Michael Straczynski?

Oh, this is great, GOT to check out the Jurgens, thanks! I've got "American Nightmare" and "To Serve and Protect" coming in, can't wait.
    Those are good reads.

I tried to get into "Living Legend", but it just seemed kind of blah to me. The Morrell "Chosen" was good (also pretty cool that it was written by the guy who wrote First Blood!).
    Yeah, Robin Moore is a legend among the US Army Special Forces (otherwise known as the Green Berets). He wrote "The Green Berets" (which became a motion picture starring none other than John "The Duke" Wayne), he co-wrote the lyrics to "Ballad of the Green Berets", and of course wrote the book First Blood (which became the first movie in the successful "Rambo" franchise). Here is his Wikipedia page. The man achieved quite a lot.

EDIT: He also became the first civilian to complete the harsh and intensive training and selection program to become a Green Beret.

Looks like I might have to start out with Thor: The Death of Odin, looks great.
    It was really good, IMO
    - George Washington

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Incredible Member

Just got around to reading Sam-Cap#7. Really good use bringing him back. The only problem is that if you came for Sam you may feel disappointed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryDevastation View Post
    Just got around to reading Sam-Cap#7. Really good use bringing him back. The only problem is that if you came for Sam you may feel disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterboy View Post

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY! Can't wait for the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- George Washington