Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default What "Marvel's Agent of SHIELD's" Winter Finale Means for the MCU

Meagan Damore analyzes the game changing events of "Agents of SHIELD" mid-season finale and what they mean for the series and the MCU at large.

Full article here.

Amazing Member

Isn't the blind guy more likely to be this obscure fellow Videmus? http://marvel.wikia.com/Videmus_(Earth-616)

Much easier powers to display on TV and it allows for a lot of exposition on the Inhumans and the genetic council, etc.

DarrenToTheRescue

There _has_ to be a terrigen bomb. Or something of that magnitude.

Right now, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has about, what, 30 heroes? If including known upcoming heroes, it's roughly... Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, War Machine, Rescue, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Sif, Warriors 3, Ant Man, Pym, Black Panther, Vision, Scarlett Witch, Quicksilver, Quake, Mockingbird, Luke Cage, Jewel, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Howard the Duck, Star Lord, Gammora, Rocket, Groot, Drax - although they've said the Gotg won't be a part of my point here - and I'm sure I'm forgetting some ... so 28. And I can't imagine all of them will be used in Captain America 3: 'Civil War'. But even if 25 of them (and that's stretching) are used, that hardly makes for a 'civil war'. Maybe a civil disturbance, or civil unrest, but not 'war'. If lines are drawn, and Tony has a group on his side, Steve has another on his, it's more or less a glorified team vs team confrontation, not a war. I think the Inhumans will come to the forefront before then. I think the Inhumans become the heart of the issue. Hundreds or thousands of new super beings. What happens to them? What are their rights? Where do they belong? I mean, even their name incites confrontation. This will be the 'civil war', the Inhuman issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by remy leheaux View Post
    Isn't the blind guy more likely to be this obscure fellow Videmus? http://marvel.wikia.com/Videmus_(Earth-616)

Much easier powers to display on TV and it allows for a lot of exposition on the Inhumans and the genetic council, etc.
    Wow. That's creepy. Might be fun to use this character on TV.

Spectacular Member

While I doubt it will be the case, I'd love it if the blind guy was Libra. He's quite the wild card: Zodiac member (and SHIELD would not want to have to deal with them right now) but also viable should the show do a Celestial Madonna storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenToTheRescue View Post
    There _has_ to be a terrigen bomb. Or something of that magnitude.

Right now, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has about, what, 30 heroes? If including known upcoming heroes, it's roughly... Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Black Widow, Hulk, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, War Machine, Rescue, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Sif, Warriors 3, Ant Man, Pym, Black Panther, Vision, Scarlett Witch, Quicksilver, Quake, Mockingbird, Luke Cage, Jewel, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Howard the Duck, Star Lord, Gammora, Rocket, Groot, Drax - although they've said the Gotg won't be a part of my point here - and I'm sure I'm forgetting some ... so 28. And I can't imagine all of them will be used in Captain America 3: 'Civil War'. But even if 25 of them (and that's stretching) are used, that hardly makes for a 'civil war'. Maybe a civil disturbance, or civil unrest, but not 'war'. If lines are drawn, and Tony has a group on his side, Steve has another on his, it's more or less a glorified team vs team confrontation, not a war. I think the Inhumans will come to the forefront before then. I think the Inhumans become the heart of the issue. Hundreds or thousands of new super beings. What happens to them? What are their rights? Where do they belong? I mean, even their name incites confrontation. This will be the 'civil war', the Inhuman issue.
    This is what I've been thinking.

The comic civil war was about secret identities and registration of the heroes, making them reveal their identities so people would know who they are and not be afraid of the mysterious.

That can't happen in the movieverse because there is so few super heroes. Many of those that are listed above aren't even known by the public, the netflix ones might not even be all on tv by the time the movie rolls around and the gotg are in space. So really there is just the Avengers, Falcon, War Machine and that's it.

There's not enough for a war there. Cap: Civil War will revolve around the Inhumans, whether the bomb (if that happens) occurs in AoS, Cap3 or waits for the Inhumans movies, there will be enough at that point in time (Cap 3) that people will start to be afraid of them and the government (with Iron Man's help) will want to control them.

Cap: Civil War will be about the control of the burgeoning Inhuman population.

How is this pile of $#!+ still on TV?
    Barely survived last year with the CA2 cross over.
    And they are going to save this pile with a AV2 cross over?

This show sucks let's make Marvel actually Add writing to this show
    Last edited by The Fn Man; 12-13-2014 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fn Man View Post

I was just thinking, if the first season had been as tightly written as this season, and if the first few episodes were as strong as these past few episodes, then this show wouldn't have such a mixed reputation. But anyway, imo, I thought the show got better after CA2, and then I've been happy to see that this season's been much more even and consistently entertaining.

This show didn't do itself many favours with it's slow start to season 1. It's a shame so many people don't realise how good it is now.

Gots No Chi Danny Rand's Other Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I was just thinking, if the first season had been as tightly written as this season, and if the first few episodes were as strong as these past few episodes, then this show wouldn't have such a mixed reputation. But anyway, imo, I thought the show got better after CA2, and then I've been happy to see that this season's been much more even and consistently entertaining.
    Agreed. I didn't think the show was awful to begin with, but it was definitely plodded around a bit. Since the Hydra revelation from Cap 2, it has gone from strength to strength - having to play on Coulson's team being small but tight-knit, racing against this behemoth that has been brought into the open to get stuff before they do and now with the Inhumans coming into play, it really is an exciting TV show to watch.

I'm looking forward to seeing where they go next year and definitely looking forward to Agent Carter in the meantime!

Have you actually watched the show since season one?

Not too sure what the Bobb/mack thing is. Was convinced she's running a double agent game. We first saw her being brainwashed; when she help Simmons escape there was a gap between Simmons going to the roof and Bobbi coming out where she could have had the compliance thing activated by bakshi; and when she was interrogating bakshi there was time for something similar although more likely he suicidd to keep her cover. Her arrangements with the local mayor were suspect, and in the last ep coulson gave a look of suspicion when she took hunter with her while they went after the city.
    Unless its a triple bluff. We know that fury is still hanging around for the avengers movie, so he probably running ops elsewhere while coulson cobbles the shield remnants together.

Better watch out agents of shield fans can't stand dissenting opinions. Pretty soon they will be saying you don't watch the show while others will say you shouldn't watch the show if you don't like it. Pretty much the attitude is however you formed your negative opinion is wrong and invalidates your opinion.

Anyway I totally agree this show is terrible as the constant cross overs with hotter properties attest to. Meanwhile far better super hero shows excel without having to be constantly propped up with guest appearances and borrowed movie plots. And if Marvel wants inhuman movies they may want to be careful introducing the concept in this show. Especially if Skye is given any importance to the inhumans because she is going to need some serious acting lessons if they are going to put her in any movies.

BANNED

This thread is for people who like the show. Why does it seem bad to you that no one is interested in hearing "criticisms" in the form of "this show is a pile of garbage, why is it still on TV?" I can and will criticize shows often in their threads but I don't tell myself that fans are being unreasonable if they take offense.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by troynos View Post
    This is what I've been thinking.

The comic civil war was about secret identities and registration of the heroes, making them reveal their identities so people would know who they are and not be afraid of the mysterious.

That can't happen in the movieverse because there is so few super heroes. Many of those that are listed above aren't even known by the public, the netflix ones might not even be all on tv by the time the movie rolls around and the gotg are in space. So really there is just the Avengers, Falcon, War Machine and that's it.

There's not enough for a war there. Cap: Civil War will revolve around the Inhumans, whether the bomb (if that happens) occurs in AoS, Cap3 or waits for the Inhumans movies, there will be enough at that point in time (Cap 3) that people will start to be afraid of them and the government (with Iron Man's help) will want to control them.

Cap: Civil War will be about the control of the burgeoning Inhuman population.
    Possible....

But rumour has it Bucky will play a major part in it so it could be about Tony finding out Winter Soldier killed his parents and he and Steve coming to blows over it.
    As long as they change the ending - I hate how Stark won.