Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Why can't we be given this as the new 52 Shazam instead of Punk Billy with a chip on his shoulder.

Only the shazam gods know.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Why can't we be given this as the new 52 Shazam instead of Punk Billy with a chip on his shoulder.
    Well technically with this series we can have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Whoops, had a typo in the link. Try again.
    Ah! Much better!

I don’t think this would work on Earth-0; it would clash too badly with the overall tone of that world.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Fine View Post
    Well technically with this series we can have both.
    Yep! That’s the beauty of the Multiverse: Earth-0 can have its Shazam foster kids, while Earth-5 can feature the original Captain Marvel.

Now all that’s needed is to get people to stop equating “the New 52” with “Earth-0”, and play up the fact that the new 52’s continuity is the collective histories of a Multiverse of worlds and how they interact with each other rather than the history of Earth-0 with the occasional crossover with some other world.

Also, I appreciated the “History of the Multiverse: Zero Hour” cover immensely. Consider the implications: Zero Hour occurred in the middle of the 90s, a full decade after the Crisis on Infinite Earths destroyed the original Multiverse and a full decade before Infinite Crisis established the new Orrery of Worlds; and it’s being highlighted here as part of the history of “the” Multiverse. I suspect that this relates to the upcoming Convergence event…
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

"Had" a chip on his shoulder.

Astonishing Member

I glanced. I didn't read the details that closely. The art design is immaculate though. Wednesday should be lovely.

This is the first Moz Sivana since Batman, Incorporated had Bruce and Selina steal that cloaking crystal that didn't help Knight survive or matter much against Leviathan, right? I suppose the first thing I think of should actually be Final Crisis and the heavy use of Sivana, Adam, Freddy, Mary and Tawny ... but my mind went straight to Incorporated and that damn crystal.

Because here Morrison is doing the whole (probably false) science v. magic angle and will likely critique the whole notion (including things like "well, Captain Marvel is magic and Superman is science and Superman is weak against science and all kinds of other stupid things like that). But that also sort of means that Batman and Catwoman basically just stole a magic invisibility gem ... er ... photonic meta-material ... er ...
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

This looks really fantastic.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Wiping drool off now. New Shazam is decent but his damn name is Captain Marvel! Jesus, a Morrison/ Stewart Cap series would be a dream come true

PS: DC can I please get my monster society of evil omnibus finally?
    Last edited by Gerald Keefer; 12-15-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    PS: DC can I please get my monster society of evil omnibus finally?
    I second the motion.

There is a version out there, but last time I looked at Amazon, it was going for $300. A bit outside my price range.
    Last edited by andersonh1; 12-16-2014 at 04:35 PM.