Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

This old crone needs to be gobbled up, the sooner the better.

Good preview though.

This preview doesn't leave me with a lot of hope that Meridith Finch's writing is going to be getting any better

Hmmmm...yea, no. This preview gave me a negative feeling...from the old crone screeching at Diana and being that disrespectful and Diana's reaction? Ummm, yea, no.

My initial 'wait and see approach' from having read the preceding issue is bordering on negativity, based off this interaction and the way Diana is portrayed. Not liking it so far, honestly - Diana would have not taken that kind of guff, imo.

BANNED

Am I the only that can't zoom in on Newsarama? I can't read anything

Is she that lady that was manipulating the Amazons in Azz's run?

I'm glad she's getting more of a character now, it was just left so wide open before, I wonder who she is~

My memory of this is rusty, but was there not an old lady who manipulated the Amazon's to a civil war in Phil Jimenez or Greg Rucka's run as well? The one that caused Hippolyta and Diana to give up the crown, maybe she's her or something? The old villain they mentioned would play a part in this run, tho that would be pretty obscure and again, I can't remember who she was, so IDK.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This old crone needs to be gobbled up, the sooner the better.

Good preview though.

Hopefully the old crone becomes food for Ares' pets.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member

look good cant wait

BANNED

Geez 2 issues in, Superman is on alternative cover

WW still acts and looks like a 15 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Hopefully the old crone becomes food for Ares' pets.
    It is interesting though how WW responds to her. Instead of defending herself she acts apologetic; likely this is an Amazon of great influence and respect amongst them all. One whom obviously is going to plot against Diana.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post

WW still acts and looks like a 15 years old.
    I don't know; I think she's acting better in this issue, so far. She seems highly competent when leading the Amazons in battle, she doesn't react defensively to the crone's criticisms, and she provisionally takes responsibility (on the condition that the creatures "really are" part of her domain) and resolves to make things right. I like, too, that Dessa says "be grateful they come here and not the land of men"; I realize that she's bragging on the Amazons, but it seems to me that she's also showing some consideration for the rest of the world.

There's nothing about the preview that really grabs me, but there's nothing that I consider really bad. I'm hopeful that this issue will be an improvement over the Finches' first.

Quote Originally Posted by Step
    I doubt it; I still think that was Strife, with her identity concealed. Aleka and her friends didn't seem to know her, and this person seems like she'd be known around to them.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 12-12-2014 at 07:23 PM.

She acts fine. Aside from kicking Swamp Thing without writing in any understandable reason to believe he was the threat her behavior has been fine throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post

I'm glad she's getting more of a character now, it was just left so wide open before, I wonder who she is~

My memory of this is rusty, but was there not an old lady who manipulated the Amazon's to a civil war in Phil Jimenez or Greg Rucka's run as well? The one that caused Hippolyta and Diana to give up the crown, maybe she's her or something? The old villain they mentioned would play a part in this run, tho that would be pretty obscure and again, I can't remember who she was, so IDK.
    You're thinking of Arachine in Magala's body.
    Richard Alexander

The art here looks really much better than #1. Really vibrant colors and Finch's faces and bodies (while his style) ....I think looks quite good. Diana's voice feels fine to me in the little we have here. Looking forward to seeing what happened after last issue's end.

BANNED

she was a bit whiny and emo and because she looks so disturbingly young, she just comes across as immature.