Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    She acts fine. Aside from kicking Swamp Thing without writing in any understandable reason to believe he was the threat her behavior has been fine throughout.
    I didn't like either her attack on Swamp Thing or her conversation with Aquaman, although I guess the latter was more a case of banal and somewhat immature-sounding dialogue than of "actions." I was happy to have her vent to a friend; she just should have sounded smarter and more interesting while doing so, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison
    Hopefully the old crone becomes food for Ares' pets.
    I bet the old crone is summoning the "pets" so that Diana will be blamed, and so that she or her puppet can take over as queen.
    Last edited by Silvanus; 12-12-2014 at 07:38 PM.

I'm not gonna lie, I kinda like the old hag.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    The art here looks really much better than #1. Really vibrant colors and Finch's faces and bodies (while his style) ....I think looks quite good. Diana's voice feels fine to me in the little we have here. Looking forward to seeing what happened after last issue's end.
    I've no doubt
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

So I called it, Stymphalian Birds. Yay me

Teen Angel Diana certainly seems to lead her warriors competently. Not so much talking to the Crone, who is apparently not Antiope. I don't remember her being so submissive in confronting the Amazons in Azzarello's run. Hey, at least she doesn't kick the old woman in the face just for being there, right?

And in the middle of the Crone's misandrist ranting against all things with testicles, Superman turns up. Yep, that'll end well. But at least we will probably get to see Diana show some of the superior warrior skill she kept talking about in Superman/Wonder Woman and made an appearance almost never. If nothing esle I suppose it will make for some interesting reading over on the Superman boards

Personally I have little expectation that there will actually be something to break them up here, but I suppose we live in hope
    Last edited by brettc1; 12-12-2014 at 11:24 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    The art here looks really much better than #1. Really vibrant colors and Finch's faces and bodies (while his style) ....I think looks quite good.
    Understatement dude, this looks 70 times better than the previous issue, or even much of forever evil.
    this spread is the best piece of finch art in a while, diana does not look nearly as young as the previous issue.

this closest warrior too us, her neck, sholder and arm is rendered beautifully, her armor is perfection, the birds look epic

starting to reconsider picking this up.
    Last edited by evangelionofasgard; 12-12-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Oh, and I am going to predict right now that somewhere in the issue the Crone will use the word "defile" or one of its derivatives when talking about Superman. And possibly "sully".

For Diana I expect she will throw in a"bring shame", and a "debase yourself" just for good measure

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    Understatement dude, this looks 70 times better than the previous issue, or even much of forever evil.
    this spread is the best piece of finch art in a while, diana does not look nearly as young as the previous issue.

this closest warrior too us, her neck, sholder and arm is rendered beautifully, her armor is perfection, the birds look epic.
    Sorry...boobs...what?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Sorry...boobs...what?
    for christ sake dude, there is one small line showing the cleavage separation, they are not exaggerated nor unrealistic at all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by evangelionofasgard View Post
    for christ sake dude, there is one small line showing the cleavage separation, they are not exaggerated nor unrealistic at all
    Yeah... uh, sorry I got as far as "cleavage" and had to go back and look again...

Yeah... they are very realistic... yeah...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Yeah... uh, sorry I got as far as "cleavage" and had to go back and look again...

Yeah... they are very realistic... yeah...
    fair enough i thought you where claiming the qualities of the page where irrelevant dew to his choice to put cleavage within the page, in a bad way.

Tho, now that it's being brought up, why aren't they wearing anything under the breastplate? :S

That armour does not seem very...protective.

I'm a fan of David's work so I'll be sticking with this. At the same time I was a little confused with Diana's attitude the first issue. I echo what some others have said about Diana: she seems young, inexperienced, emotional, and has already acted out irrationally. Perhaps this is the approach Meredith Finch was going for? I don't know. At the same time I was reading Geoff John's Justice League that just came out and Diana seems a lot more more mature and level headed. Weird. I guess I like my Wonder Woman more on the silent-badass side. A savage, but a thinker at the same time.
    Last edited by HowitzerJoe; 12-12-2014 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post
    Tho, now that it's being brought up, why aren't they wearing anything under the breastplate? :S

Maybe it's a dexterity issue. Perhaps the amazons like to disregard certain aspects of armor to move better. Like football players that don't wear cups to protect their genitals.

Mighty Member

Art looks a bit better than before at least. Not sure what to make out of the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Step View Post

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    Maybe it's a dexterity issue. Perhaps the amazons like to disregard certain aspects of armor to move better. Like football players that don't wear cups to protect their genitals.
    and making sure not to where helmets so they have a better field of vision.

Here's what hit me about the mecha-birdies. If they've attacked a bunch of times, shouldn't the Amazons be mopping the floor with them by now?