Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I'll be the first to go off on a tangent here and say "I think Superman's new costume will be red pants and blue boots."

I mean it may totally not be, they may be giving tweaked or fakeout covers, it might be temporary, who knows. I just wanted to cover an angle that allowed for this upper body shot to be accurate.
    Im actually expecting a fake out. If Jim Lee weren't in a position of power at DC (and from all evidence, a really nice guy) I'd suspect we're getting a return of the classic costume. This is Johns after all, and "classic" is what he does. However, I dont see DC making any major changes to the Lee design while he's still working there. At least not now.

So, a few minor tweaks (I'd welcome a change to the boots and belt!) maybe, but Im expecting a "new" suit like what Supergirl wore last issue. Clark will discover some new, dues ex machina function of his uniform, it'll be used in one scene and/or battle, and then it'll never be heard from again.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Not really interested in Superman fighting the League, as it defeats the point of putting the worlds greatest heroes together on a team. Hated it in endgame and I doubt my feelings here will be much better so I'm going to hope that they mean testing in a friendly environment.

I'd laugh if all that clunky stuff IS the new suit.
    You certainty got a giggle out of me.

Incredible Member

In a interview with IGN a little while back Geoff Johns said #40 would be a Lois Lane story. Now is that gonna be held back til June after Convergence or what? And more importantltly why?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Im actually expecting a fake out. If Jim Lee weren't in a position of power at DC (and from all evidence, a really nice guy) I'd suspect we're getting a return of the classic costume. This is Johns after all, and "classic" is what he does. However, I dont see DC making any major changes to the Lee design while he's still working there. At least not now.

So, a few minor tweaks (I'd welcome a change to the boots and belt!) maybe, but Im expecting a "new" suit like what Supergirl wore last issue. Clark will discover some new, dues ex machina function of his uniform, it'll be used in one scene and/or battle, and then it'll never be heard from again.
    God. I hope you're 1000% wrong in this situation. That abomination needs to go. NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    In a interview with IGN a little while back Geoff Johns said #40 would be a Lois Lane story. Now is that gonna be held back til June after Convergence or what? And more importantltly why?
    Im going to assume it has something to do with the move to the West Coast. Johns is a pretty busy guy, with a hand in almost everything DC has going on right now. Its possible that with getting everything lined up for the Burbank move, something had to give and Superman was it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    God. I hope you're 1000% wrong in this situation. That abomination needs to go. NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    Its not the best redesign out there, agreed. I doubt we'll see a return to the classic look anytime soon though. I expect it when Action hits (what should have been) issue 1000, but before that? I wouldnt bet on it.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Im going to assume it has something to do with the move to the West Coast. Johns is a pretty busy guy, with a hand in almost everything DC has going on right now. Its possible that with getting everything lined up for the Burbank move, something had to give and Superman was it.

Its not the best redesign out there, agreed. I doubt we'll see a return to the classic look anytime soon though. I expect it when Action hits (what should have been) issue 1000, but before that? I wouldnt bet on it.
    I'd be happy with the MOS suit which they should have on him because that is the suit that is out in the public now and the one the kids now know. Plus it pays tribute well to the classic suit which Lee's suit does not IMO.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

I'd be happy with the MOS suit which they should have on him because that is the suit that is out in the public now and the one the kids now know. Plus it pays tribute well to the classic suit which Lee's suit does not IMO.
    People keep saying this, I really don't see it. How's the MOS suit any closer to the classic design than the Lee suit?
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    if it left a cliffhanger, I can see it changing for a one-shot written by JRJR because of the 2 months of convergence. We probably will only know on march when the solicits for June will be launched. I really do not trust superman editors that could have made Johns scrapped this issue

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    People keep saying this, I really don't see it. How's the MOS suit any closer to the classic design than the Lee suit?
    it doesn't look like a rmor, with 3000 lines, doesn't has a high collar, doesn't has that princess things on the back of the hands. Much better than new 52 suit

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Okay, there's a big bad villain in this issue. But the hook shouldnt be "Will Superman survive??!!" We know he will. The hook should be "How will Superman get out of this??!!" Sure, its just splitting hairs, but it sends the mind on two different paths. The former forces us to ask ourselves if Superman will die; and we will immediately answer that no, he wont. And that's largely the end of that particular train of thought; having already arrived that the destination makes the method of getting there less pertinent. The latter forces us to ponder the many ways that Superman might out-maneuver his foe and has no obvious, definitive answer; thus making us question how the issue will actually play out and what solutions will be employed; in essence putting the emphasis back on the journey, not the destination.
    The selling point of "how will he get out of this" isn't that different than "will he survive". The difference is that one is more dramatic than the other. At the end of the day, we know he will make it through the comic a-ok.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Its likely a re-imagined power from the Silver Age, now that you mention it. Johns has made his name by taking old concepts and breathing new life into them; Superman's arsenal of weird, nigh-forgotten super powers seems like they're tailor made for Johns to bring back with a slight twist.

Okay, return of the Super-Kiss, here we come!
    That could be....problematic....especially if the recent speculation of who Superman may tell his secret identity too in #38 turns out to be correct. I'm an open minded guy, but Clark/Perry slash fic is not something I want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm an open minded guy, but Clark/Perry slash fic is not something I want to see.
    I've never looked (and don't intend to) but it's almost certainly out there (online) somewhere...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    it doesn't look like a rmor, with 3000 lines, doesn't has a high collar, doesn't has that princess things on the back of the hands. Much better than new 52 suit
    BINGO... We have a Winner.

BINGO... We have a Winner.
    I like the MoS suit a lot better, but I dont think it's any "more" true to the original than the Lee design. The Lee design still plays with all the basic elements, just like the MoS suit does. The real difference (to me anyway) is that the MoS suit just does a better job.

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    The selling point of "how will he get out of this" isn't that different than "will he survive". The difference is that one is more dramatic than the other. At the end of the day, we know he will make it through the comic a-ok.
    As I said, its mostly just splitting hairs, but the mental track it sends you on is different; one focusing on the end result (does Superman die?) the other on the journey to the conclusion we already know we'll reach. It seems foolish to pose the question of Superman's survival to the fans: we know he'll be fine by the end. It's a question we already know the answer to, so it makes the importance of the next issue decrease. Asking us instead to consider the "how" of his survival invites us to consider the many methods he might employ, and assuming the writer is good at his job, its an answer we can't definitively answer until we've bought the next issue.

Like I said, it seems like a fairly minor difference, but it plays out differently in the subconscious.

Dont mind me, coming up on a psychology final (stupid requirements!) and I've been studying a lot.

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

that ugly panties suit is not coming back. deal with it