Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Cosmic View Post
    With regard to the suit/power, I think the new power and suit is something very significant that has been downplayed by DC. The reason has to do with post-Convergence. Earth Prime (whatever the New 52 Earth is called) might have a Superman with a much different look and power set than the Superman who may end up residing on a new Earth-2. I've heard conjecture that the new Earth-2 will contain either the pre-Flashpoint DCU or an approximation thereof, including the classic Superman.

There has to be something more defining than grey temples and a different \S/ this time around...
    Actually, I don't think Earth Prime/New 52 earth is changing that drastically post CONVERGENCE. I think the new suit/power thing is just for this storyline and will likely not affect the DCnU Superman in his other books.

Although....I do wonder if the New Earth 2 may be a refuge for the survivors of CONVERGENCE to live on. A place where Pre-Crisis JSA, Post-Crisis Superman and the others co-exist on together....a hodge podge earth if you will....or, as you said, something like Pre-Flashpoint DCU, which actually was starting to resemble Pre-Crisis Earth II anyway (married Superman....Dick Grayson had taken up Bruce's mantle alongside his offspring...etc).It actually would be a return to the Pre-Crisis status quo of EARTH 2 being home to the legacy heroes and the JSA...EARTH 1 (or DCnU) as focusing on the main JLA without a JSA or few legacy characters.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 01-02-2015 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeUsername View Post
    SUPERMAN #40

Written by JOHN ROMITA, JR.
    Art and cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    MOVIE POSTER Variant cover by DAVE JOHNSON
    1:50 Variant cover by GARY FRANK
    1:100 Variant cover by JOHN ROMITA, JR. and KLAUS JANSON

On sale MARCH 25 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

Combo pack edition: $4.99

The spotlight shines on John Romita, Jr. as he goes solo to tell the story of the testing of Superman’s new power against the Justice League! But the appearance of an unexpected enemy could end the Man of Steel’s life!

Suit still looks the same there. At least the parts that can be seen.

(Nerdist)
    Ahhh...so THIS is how DC finally lured JRJR away from Marvel?

Oh well. His Superman art is still atrocious.

Incredible Member

This could be totally wrong, and if it is, I'm sorry, but isn't that the machine he was in from #37?

Nope, you're not wrong, it is. Clearly just a filler pic because they can't show the real cover yet.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Gary Frank and JRJR variants. Man, I've missed Frank's Superman. I doubt the Legion will be in the issue however. This is probably (the final) part of the Superman team-ups variant theme, and most likely a tribute to Johns and Frank's previous Legion collaboration.

This also puts to rest the question whether the cape emblem is still black in the new suit or not.

Newsarama

Gary Frank and JRJR variants. Man, I've missed Frank's Superman. I doubt the Legion will be in the issue however. This is probably (the final) part of the Superman team-ups variant theme, and most likely a tribute to Johns and Frank's previous Legion collaboration.

This also puts to rest the question whether the cape emblem is still black in the new suit or not.

Newsarama
    Yeah, sadly it's still black. *sigh* oh well, it won't matter much as for the first month after convergence theres no cape to speak of anyway.

From that solicit, I wonder if the story here in any way will tie into the end of the Batman/Superman annual from last week and prelude Truth?

Oh, and when is this coming out? Anyone know?

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Yeah, sadly it's still black. *sigh* oh well, it won't matter much as for the first month after convergence theres no cape to speak of anyway.

From that solicit, I wonder if the story here in any way will tie into the end of the Batman/Superman annual from last week and prelude Truth?

Oh, and when is this coming out? Anyone know?
    April 29. Also, seeing how the cape emblem remains black, I suppose the cape must be the only thing that survived the original suit's destruction. It's awesome in a way, considering it's a family relic passed down from father to son. But I would have loved if it went back to being yellow. And I wouldn't really care for an explanation.

April 29. Also, seeing how the cape emblem remains black, I suppose the cape must be the only thing that survived the original suit's destruction. It's awesome in a way, considering it's a family relic passed down from father to son. But I would have loved if it went back to being yellow. And I wouldn't really care for an explanation.
    I don't mind the black emblem when they do the rest of the yellow parts of the suit black, as they did following Our Worlds At War, but design wise, its out of place when you have yellow/ gold in the chest emblem. Yes its a small thing but when it comes to Superman, small things matter.

29th is also when Batman #40 comes out. Curious that they have been pushed back a month. I wonder if some last minute rewrites are occuring to link them to the new status quo come June.

I don't mind the black emblem when they do the rest of the yellow parts of the suit black, as they did following Our Worlds At War, but design wise, its out of place when you have yellow/ gold in the chest emblem. Yes its a small thing but when it comes to Superman, small things matter.

29th is also when Batman #40 comes out. Curious that they have been pushed back a month. I wonder if some last minute rewrites are occuring to link them to the new status quo come June.
    I'd believe it of Superman, since a new writer is coming on and I doubt Romita has been kept up to speed with all the continuity changes that we'll see in June. Snyder however, is staying on Batman and is one of DC's biggest names right now. I have a hard time seeing his Batman delayed for rewrites. Wouldn't he already know what's coming?

Its possible of course, gods know DC's editorial department has done stuff like this for years. But I'd think one of DC's biggest selling writers would be more in the loop.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Justice League has been moved there too. It is to do with FCBD, since they're featured on the cover that of that issue. And I guess DC want there big titles on show for FCBD too. There is also a possibility that it is a fail safe incase Convergence does not sell well.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

The cape S will probably be reverted to yellow when he gets another costume post-Convergence. Because I still believe the cloth he's wearing around his knuckles is this cape now tattered. So he's going to need a new one.

I'm sure Gramma and Auntie have one somewhere for him when they get sane again, to retain that family spirit.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El