View Poll Results: Garth Ennis's MK Punisher 2000 & 2001, Punisher MAX 1-75 / What is your verdict?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5-Stars: Easily One of The Greatest runs I have ever read

15 71.43%
  • 4-Stars: This was really good

4 19.05%
  • 3-Stars: It was okay

1 4.76%
  • 2-Stars: I was more underwhelmed than anything

0 0%
  • 1-Star: I'm trying to find my lighter or match so I can set this on fire

0 0%
  • No Comment: I haven't read it, or I really have no opinion(s) whatsoever

1 4.76%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Garth Ennis's MK Punisher 2000 & 2001, Punisher MAX 1-75 / What is your verdict?

I loved his run on The Boys. I've read some of his Punisher books and the one that really hit the gut was the one where he killed Microchip. Before that, I have read Punisher and Punisher War Journal in the late 80s, where his weapons supplier, friend and supporting cast was Microchip. I was totally blown away at the end of that storyline when he saved Microchip, only to kill him a little bit later. I was kind of shocked, but I was hooked by this writer.

One of my favorite runs.
    You have the funny MK run and the serious Max run, and both of them are great.
    BB

BANNED

It's pretty much perfect.
    Ennis had some of my favorite long run series' of all time.

Preacher, Hitman, The Boys and Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    One of my favorite runs.
    You have the funny MK run and the serious Max run, and both of them are great.
    Billy, I know there is a Garth Ennis Punisher Omnibus available. I wonder, if that book has his complete entire run on that character, including the one where The Punisher killed the entire Marvel Universe. I'd like to read that one, because I want to know how he killed Wolverine, The Thing, The Juggernaut, among other people.

Quote Originally Posted by sabongero View Post
    Billy, I know there is a Garth Ennis Punisher Omnibus available. I wonder, if that book has his complete entire run on that character, including the one where The Punisher killed the entire Marvel Universe. I'd like to read that one, because I want to know how he killed Wolverine, The Thing, The Juggernaut, among other people.
    It collects his entire MK run as well as Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe.
    Sadly it's out of print.
    BB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sabongero View Post
    I'd like to read that one, because I want to know how he killed Wolverine, The Thing, The Juggernaut, among other people.
    That's honestly the only Ennis Punisher story I don't like.
    Let's just say he takes some liberties with character deaths and what not. lol.

Good ending though.

Fantastic Member

I'd score the MAX run as a perfect five stars, and the Marvel Knights run somewhere between three and four. It had lots of five star moments, but it also had a lot of not so five star moments.
    Sabongero, as I recall, Punisher used a nuke on the moon after luring most of the X-Franchise there. Arguably a nuke wouldn't take out all of the X-Men, but a lot of Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe is PIS heavy. I think he offs Wolverine via electrocution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    I think he offs Wolverine via electrocution.
    Yup. Logan is somehow piss drunk too.
    He kills Bruce Banner with a shot to the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
    Yup. Logan is somehow piss drunk too.
    He kills Bruce Banner with a shot to the head.
    I had a feeling that's how he killed The Hulk. Just wait out until the big guy turns back to human form and then BANG!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    I'd score the MAX run as a perfect five stars, and the Marvel Knights run somewhere between three and four. It had lots of five star moments, but it also had a lot of not so five star moments.
    Sabongero, as I recall, Punisher used a nuke on the moon after luring most of the X-Franchise there. Arguably a nuke wouldn't take out all of the X-Men, but a lot of Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe is PIS heavy. I think he offs Wolverine via electrocution.
    Oh man, I have to read that comic book. I think I'm going to canvass my local comic book stores next month for that one.

It's pretty much perfect.
    Ennis had some of my favorite long run series' of all time.

Preacher, Hitman, The Boys and Punisher.
    You should check out his Hellblazer, War Stories/Battlefields dnd The Demon if it ever gets collected).
    BB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    You should check out his Hellblazer, War Stories/Battlefields dnd The Demon if it ever gets collected).
    Aha I have.
    I'm an Ennis junkie.

Voted 4 stars.

It was darn good. But for me not quite up there with Preacher, The Boys, or Hitman. It lost something for two reasons… one its mainstream Marvel, and therefore there's no "proper" beginning, middle, or end. Second..I think Frank's status as the ultimate loner removes a lot of the friendship stuff that Garth E does so well.

Aha I have.
    I'm an Ennis junkie.
    Oh, good.
    BB

BANNED

I've by no means read samples of every writer to ever write Punisher but Ennis is the only guy who did him right IMO. Welcome Back Frank IMO is the best dark comedy book I've ever read and one of the greatest runs ever.

Best. Punisher. Ever!

Rucka came close though. Damn shame his run got cut short.