BANNED

Default Rumbles Regs discussion/clarification

Mods, please do move if this thread isn't suitable for the community forums.

Since this is now the Fourth Age, I thought I might start a discussion thread for the regulations of the Rumbles forums. Please note that these are simply from observation; I have not yet read the regs updates(if any, over the Third Age) As I see it now, we need to:

-Stick to fictional characters ONLY, or figures in the public domain who are licensed fighters that are promoted in the public domain(i.e. MMA, Boxing, Muay Thai and other martial arts)

Which means:

No politicians, or polarizing _real life_ figures, no real-world religious figures(i.e. Pope John Paul II, the current Dalai Llama et. al.) no living person or public personality who has not given his or her consent to appear in a Rumbles format debate(i.e. my latest Utuber thread) or deceased person whose next-of-kin who have not given their consent for the deceased person to appear in a Rumbles-format debate.

No active or retired warfighters, i.e. Veterans, serving members of the Armed Services(IMHO this ought to be common sense; you can put people's lives at risk.)

Am I accurate in these assumptions?

Because the regs of the Third Age seem to be blanket-y, would be nice to have something closer to, say, the Sporting/Technical Regulations of the WBO, UCI or FIA. Nice and detailed(i.e. no "avoidable contact" deliberations post-race and shuffling the podium after the fact. Makes fans mad.) I have noticed such things tend to take away from whole events. I sure as hell don't want such things taking away from Rumbles.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    Mods, please do move if this thread isn't suitable for the community forums.

Since this is now the Fourth Age,
    Sixth. The Fourth age was 2004 to 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    I'm curious what are all the ages (yearwise) and how are they defined (the start to this one was obvious)?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    Ah. I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast View Post
    I'm curious what are all the ages (yearwise) and how are they defined (the start to this one was obvious)?
    The first age was,IIRC, when the board was tied to Comic Book Universe Battles, and was a forum for such.

The Second Age was, again, IIRC, when the baord kinda meandered a bit and was looking for a home. Sorry if I'm a little vague on these, I only came in at the tail end of this period.

The Third Age was when rumbles came to CBR in, IIRC, around 2001/2002. This was the age of TMI, Mighty Soap Operus and the original rumbles RP thread, You Vs. The World.

The Fourth Age begins with the great board wipe of 2004.

The Fifth Age begins in 2006 with events we aren't going into but after which a good number of older posters were gone.

The Sixth age begins with the Board wipe of 2014.

That's my recollection at least. Most of this jsut kinda spun out from a joke made right after the board wipe in 2004. It's not really to be taken seriously.