Page 39 of 661 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139539 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    I actually like the fact that essentially the character got a life of it's own. I mean starting as a construct, an empty shell, and blossoming into a fully faceted character, that's the biggest compliment to a writer that the character they created takes on a life of it's own.

Sure it leaves us with holes to fill in now that Gambit "is a real boy" so to speak lol, but, those holes aren't unable to be filled. I mean, he isn't the only one with major bits of their backstory missing.
    Oh I don't mind either way, I just thought it would have been a unique origin for the character.

As for Gambit in the movies, I prefer a solo but would be happy either way.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Simon Kinberg On The New X-MEN Timeline; Channing Tatum Shows Off His GAMBIT Card Skills
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=104447

I think it was funny the interviewer brought cards for CT to throw.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Bon Dieu! He's still not Gambit! No contract, no CSA member for the film coming forward to say he's in, just rumors!

That doesn't matter. There is no film either. What difference does it make if he keeps lobbying. He is doing one thing though - keeping awareness up of Gambit.
    Last edited by Neko; 07-26-2014 at 02:54 PM.

Niffleheim

I thought it was already confirmed that CT will be playing Gambit? Lauren Shuler Donner producer of DOFP already confirmed this. I remember I saw this somewhere - it was a quick red carpet interview.

Niffleheim

I found the clip.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    I thought it was already confirmed that CT will be playing Gambit? Lauren Shuler Donner producer of DOFP already confirmed this. I remember I saw this somewhere - it was a quick red carpet interview.
    They have been trying to hammer out the details ever since to no avail. So nothing signed as far as I am aware. I believe what they are negotiating over right now is when he will debut as Gambit with Fox likely wanting it to be in a team film to generate interest while Tatum preferring to strike while he is at the height of his fame with a solo film.

The longer it goes on with things being undecided, the more likely it is for stuff to fizzle up and die as is typical in Hollywood. It will likely only take one or two Tatum films to bomb for Gambit to be dead altogether which is what happened with Taylor Kitsch.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, she confirmed it, but they still don't have anything signed yet. So it could still go south.(no pun intended. )

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Yeah, she confirmed it, but they still don't have anything signed yet. So it could still go south.(no pun intended. )
    No she "confirmed" that she is interested in CT not that he's got the role. It's all talk until a contract is signed. And really she ISN'T the one who gets to make that decision anyway, there's a lot more that goes into casting then two people wanting a thing to be.

Ultimate Member

Tatum's been getting rave reviews for his performance in Foxcatcher (to the point that an Academy Award Nomination is not outside of the realm of possibility), and he's proven that he can be both funny and charming. And I have no doubt that he can physically resemble Gambit, he's changed his physique for different roles before. Really the only think that I'm iffy on is whether he can do the accent convincingly or not, but we'll see.

Hey guys could you guys list all the comics that deal with Gambit's Origin ?

All comics that feature gambit before he joined the x-men

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Shooter View Post

X-men Origins: Gambit......that's all that comes to mind for Gambit before the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Shooter View Post

Gambit Classic volumes 1 and 2.
    Volume 1 features his first appearance before joining Xmen and his first mini.
    Volume 2 is the first Rogue mini and Gambit second mini. Rogue's first mini is sometimes called Gambit's second because it deals more with his background and very little of her own though her's is in there as well.

Xmen Origins: Gambit
    Mike Carey (writer), David Yarden and Hraim Roberson (artist)

Is a retelling of the first mini and early stuff from his first solo - Carey made a couple of tweaks but really just rehashed what was already written about the character.
    Last edited by Neko; 07-27-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic Innocence View Post
    No she "confirmed" that she is interested in CT not that he's got the role. It's all talk until a contract is signed. And really she ISN'T the one who gets to make that decision anyway, there's a lot more that goes into casting then two people wanting a thing to be.
    That's not really true. It was confirmed and widely reported that he was cast as Gambit. He has the role, he simply doesn't have a contract signed yet which means it can be changed. And even when he gets a contract signed, it still won't be certain because most contracts of this nature are signed with the studio having the option not the actor. The studio will sign an actor to say a 3 movie deal but the option to actually use them in the movie rests with the studio not the actor. People get cast all the time but then a movie ends up not being made or they get changed and the actor can't do anything about it. Once a movie actually starts filming is when you can be reasonably sure someone has a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Tatum's been getting rave reviews for his performance in Foxcatcher (to the point that an Academy Award Nomination is not outside of the realm of possibility), and he's proven that he can be both funny and charming. And I have no doubt that he can physically resemble Gambit, he's changed his physique for different roles before. Really the only think that I'm iffy on is whether he can do the accent convincingly or not, but we'll see.
    Yeah I mentioned that in the Gambit movie thread a while back but that thread died a long time ago. He and Steve Carrel have been drawing rave reviews and consideration for awards season. Of course people are stubborn so that won't matter to a lot of people who have already decided he can't act and is a fit for Gambit.