Page 389 of 661 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439489 ... LastLast
Results 5,821 to 5,835 of 9903

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Well I hope what he means is more like an individual issue alternates between the 2-4 stories that are unconnected at first but as the issues progress, you start to see that they will eventually intersect.

So something like flipping between Betsy and Warren in London, Gambit and Fanto going after the same heist, Mystique and Rogue trying to work out their issues, and OML trying to find Bishop. So pretty much a single issue checks in on all this individual plot lines until the different groups start to collide.
    I would like Gambit to go after Bishop and not Logan.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Well I hope what he means is more like an individual issue alternates between the 2-4 stories that are unconnected at first but as the issues progress, you start to see that they will eventually intersect.

So something like flipping between Betsy and Warren in London, Gambit and Fanto going after the same heist, Mystique and Rogue trying to work out their issues, and OML trying to find Bishop. So pretty much a single issue checks in on all this individual plot lines until the different groups start to collide.
    ill agree to this. with Soule cermenting that its juat a cast that format works. i can see Psylocke hunting Bishop though if thats the plot. i wouldnt mind Gambit doing it, but i mention Betsy because of how bishop was left in Uncanny X-Force and how Psylocke knew he was alive again.
    X-Men Forever

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Thing is, there are people here assuming this is a "team" and we should be happy Gambit is in an X-Men book (That's actually not that abnormal, he cameos pretty often, especially during these last few months). However, what a lot of folk are proposing isn't a "team", a group of people working together. Soule saying this is a "cast" could mean this is an assemble book. We have no idea who are main characters. The team could easily be OML (dont understand how when he's already in 3 other books, but thats not uncommon for Wolverine, I guess), Psylocke, Warren and eventually Bishop. Or Gambit, OML, Psylocke, Rogue, Fantomex and Archangel. I think we need to dial back the excitement until Soule or Marvel clarify what the @#$! is going on. It's not like we haven't seen Gambit slapped on a cover but only be one page or none at all. The way this war presented to us was as a "team book" The Astonishing X-Men. Soule, the writer, then says its not a roster, but a cast. Sorry to tell everyone, but "casts" include cameos, and extras too. This is another case of marketing inferring one thing to get hype up and the writer running in with his hands up yelling "hold-on!". This kind of stuff, from business standpoint was fine before social media. Fans have direct access to writers now, and it's public when they get addressed. Marketing shouldn't be given a free hand without direct input from the writer of at least what the project is about, beyond splashy first issue artwork thats meant to get people excited.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 03-12-2017 at 07:38 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Considering that Marvel has been hitting us in the head with a crowbar for the past decade, it's hard to be too optimistic with anything in which Gambit is involved.
    But I think it's too early to jump to any conclusions, Soule only said that it was a cast and not a team, so for now I'll try to be as positive as I can.

I'm guessing the answer is probably no, but has Soule ever written Gambit before, or even talked about wanting to? It'd be nice if there was anything to point to that suggests he might understand and value the character.

Regarding Gambit being underused, despite being advertised, I remember buying the House of M trade paperback, largely on the fact he was the second-most prominent figure on that thing, behind Wolverine. Where did he feature in the story? Oh, he's in about five panels as a thief who gets chased down and knocked unconscious by Ms. Marvel. Awesome. Money well spent.

We're looking at a cover and bunch of tweets from the writer ... and we don't know what we're getting because its not really being spelled out beyond the words of continuity lite, and "cast" of characters. There is a purpose to not calling it a team which sounds like, it will be a bunch of short stories featuring some of the characters on the cover and another set with other set of characters.

Not trying to bust anyone's bubble or "poo poo" optimism in the book/writer/cast etc. But a bit more realistic look at it will lead to less disappointment in the long run. You get hoodwinked ... on you. LOL
    Last edited by Neko; 03-12-2017 at 09:02 AM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

X-Men: Gold Vol. 2 Paperback – November 28th $17.99

What does the Secret Empire event have in store for the X-Men? Find out what the new landscape of the Marvel Universe looks like for Kitty, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Rachel Grey and Old Man Logan. Will they be able to survive in a world dominated by Hydra?

COLLECTING: X-MEN: GOLD 7-12

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03...re-x-men-gold/

So Gambit won't join Gold?

I think your hitting the nail on the head with this assumption. OML is definitely for sure the main character and will have the flagship plot line. That's not a bad thing if your a Gambit fan especially since Remy/Logan interaction are for the most part a positive experience. As a Gambit fan first of course I'm skeptical of Rouge being in the book, so continuity lite sounds pretty good to me. It's been said before and I totally agree, Gambit is at his best when he's not dragged down by excess baggage.

BTW this is a good cast, great even! Gambit in an ongoing "X-MEN" book with other heavy hitting characters is where he should have been for years. This shows Marvel is taking their first steps in putting Gambit back into the "A" list. Mark my words, this is where Marvel starts its push for characters like Gambit and Bishop, following the 90's trend that has been steady gaining steam since last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    So Gambit won't join Gold?
    I don't know ... but ... again ... based on G's use lately which is cameo role only. I'm not sure why anyone would think he was joining the team.

Covers and solicits are misleading ... These are being used as promo pieces to get buys ... and you don't know what you are getting until you pick it up.

And it used to never be that way ... only once in awhile you were misled ... now its the norm.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by X-sushi View Post
    BTW this is a good cast, great even! Gambit in an ongoing "X-MEN" book with other heavy hitting characters is where he should have been for years. This shows Marvel is taking their first steps in putting Gambit back into the "A" list. Mark my words, this is where Marvel starts its push for characters like Gambit and Bishop, following the 90's trend that has been steady gaining steam since last year.

You might be confusing "cast" and roster. For instance, Legacy had a huge cast in both vol. but only focused on a handful of characters. We all thought the same thing about it being a good roster, sans a couple members. When excitement got high, Soule stepped in, much like Duggan, and told us this is a "cast" more than a roster. Basically telling us, everyone we're seeing isn't going who he'll be writing full-time. Getting excited over anyone save OML may be ill-advised until he straightens out his approach.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 03-12-2017 at 03:41 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I think your hitting the nail on the head with this assumption. OML is definitely for sure the main character and will have the flagship plot line. That's not a bad thing if your a Gambit fan especially since Remy/Logan interaction are for the most part a positive experience. As a Gambit fan first of course I'm skeptical of Rouge being in the book, so continuity lite sounds pretty good to me. It's been said before and I totally agree, Gambit is at his best when he's not dragged down by excess baggage.

Well not sure if this is Marvel doing right by Gambit yet. I'm still doubtful he's anything more than wallpaper or Rogue's bitch but just speculating if we assume Soule does right by him but that's a big assumption.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Speaking of 90's this new "cast" of characters is way 90's-centric. Logan, Psylocke, Warren, Rogue, Bishop, Gambit and Mystique. All except for Fartomax have huge mythos from the 90's, well I guess Fartomax since he is a wanna be 90's character, with his guns and trench coat.

Speaking of 90's this new "cast" of characters is way 90's-centric. Logan, Psylocke, Warren, Rogue, Bishop, Gambit and Mystique. All except for Fartomax have huge mythos from the 90's, well I guess Fartomax since he is a wanna be 90's character, with his guns and trench coat.
    Uhmm... Not picking on you, but he's also made the statement about his book being "continuity lite". We're not sure if he means overall long term history or recent developments and connections to the rest of the ongoing X-Men line...
    Guild Member

The more skeptical and critical you are about your comics just means your a bigger fan really. Judging by this lot I guess we're all HUGE Gambit fans.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Uhmm... Not picking on you, but he's also made the statement about his book being "continuity lite". We're not sure if he means overall long term history or recent developments and connections to the rest of the ongoing X-Men line...
    Continuity lite is definitely a good thing at this point. Especially since SHE is in the book as well.