Page 642 of 661 FirstFirst ... 142542592632638639640641642643644645646652 ... LastLast
Results 9,616 to 9,630 of 9903
    Astonishing Member

I thought it was 18, too, though not necessarily on his birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I think he was 19.
    I thought it was nineteen too. I know he gives an exact age in one of the solos.

Uh, can you remember what run it was where Belle talks about stealing candy from the store with Gambit? I think it's in that issue for some reason.
    Last edited by DearMachine; 09-25-2018 at 05:13 PM.

I thought 18.

Lol, no one is going to say anything about Gambit in X-men Red? His ability to hold hands with other people, stand straight and barely open his mouth were outstanding -.-

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Lol, no one is going to say anything about Gambit in X-men Red? His ability to hold hands with other people, stand straight and barely open his mouth were outstanding -.-
    Well, at least he didn't get possessed. He lead team on thieving mission in previous issues. I think his role in RED ended with that mission.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 09-26-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Awwwww

Hey, I just read Astonishing #9 where all he does is get called an idiot by Mystique of all people. *insert roll eyes emoji*
    I'm not current with Astonishing but I have the Marvel unlimited subscription and they barely released this issue *insert emoji again*
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.

X-Men Red is the best X-Men team book in years, and Gambit's played a decent supporting role in it. Dunno what more you want from an ensemble book that at least uses him well when it does use him and he's in a duo ongoing at the same time?

Also, Laura putting her hand on Remy's shoulder when they looked at the text was a brilliant subtle indicator of her trust and closeness to him, considering she rarely touches people socially and/or affectionately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpyshark View Post
    X-Men Red is the best X-Men team book in years, and Gambit's played a decent supporting role in it. Dunno what more you want from an ensemble book that at least uses him well when it does use him and he's in a duo ongoing at the same time?

Also, Laura putting her hand on Remy's shoulder when they looked at the text was a brilliant subtle indicator of her trust and closeness to him, considering she rarely touches people socially and/or affectionately.
    Decent supporting role? We must have a very different definition of decent, lol. He has barely done a thing so far, this is the modern version of Racky Lebeau almost wallpaper, barely speaks and does little to nothing.

His presence so far in the team is completely irrelevant, if he hadn't been included in the story nothing would have been affected at all. You can just remove him and the story would have developed without any major change.

Apparently his best bit was "leading a mission", and if by "leading" you guys mean just telling Nightcrawler to teleport to the cabin, hiding behind Laura for protection and asking Trinary to stop the sentinel. Anyone could have done that, there's no remarkable moment of brilliantence or thinking outside the box, even Glob Herman could have given those two same orders.

Let's be real if Gambit was doing meaningful things in this book people would be here talking about it and praising the book, especially those who think he would be way better away from Rogue and are desperate to see him shine without Rogue in his proximity. But that's not happening because there's nothing to talk about, Gambit in Red is just there.

And finally no, Red is not the best X-Men team book in years, is an average book that's only slightly better than Gold and Blue and that's because those books were trash and not because of Red's own merits. Also Rosenberg's Astonishing with only 3 issues has proven to be a much more entertaining, fun, fast pace book than Red, and in my opinion is way better than Red.

Spectacular Member

Decent supporting role? We must have a very different definition of decent, lol. He has barely done a thing so far, this is the modern version of Racky Lebeau almost wallpaper, barely speaks and does little to nothing.

His presence so far in the team is completely irrelevant, if he hadn't been included in the story nothing would have been affected at all. You can just remove him and the story would have developed without any major change.

Apparently his best bit was "leading a mission", and if by "leading" you guys mean just telling Nightcrawler to teleport to the cabin, hiding behind Laura for protection and asking Trinary to stop the sentinel. Anyone could have done that, there's no remarkable moment of brilliantence or thinking outside the box, even Glob Herman could have given those two same orders.

Let's be real if Gambit was doing meaningful things in this book people would be here talking about it and praising the book, especially those who think he would be way better away from Rogue and are desperate to see him shine without Rogue in his proximity. But that's not happening because there's nothing to talk about, Gambit in Red is just there.

And finally no, Red is not the best X-Men team book in years, is an average book that's only slightly better than Gold and Blue and that's because those books were trash and not because of Red's own merits. Also Rosenberg's Astonishing with only 3 issues has proven to be a much more entertaining, fun, fast pace book than Red, and in my opinion is way better than Red.
    I do agree that Remy hasn’t played a prominent role in Red but the comic has still been enjoyable to me. Sure Remy’s involvement has been nothing to rave about but there’s also nothing to complain about when it comes to his actions in Red. And when he was involved in the mission he contributed and was an important part of the team. Overall his role could’ve been bigger but he was still enjoyable to read when he was present in the comic.

Wait I thought people called him Racky Lebeau because of how he wouldn’t stand up to Rogue or talk back to her when she was treating him like a huge pushover in Xmen Legacy.

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Tom Taylor has done a BEAUTIFUL job balancing the team, with nobody getting a proportionally excessive amount or lack of time.
    And what does he get for it?
    Everybody complaining that the character they like isn't doing enough.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Tom Taylor has done a BEAUTIFUL job balancing the team, with nobody getting a proportionally excessive amount or lack of time.
    Yeah, it's just a huge cast with several big hitters, probably too many for the kind of pacing it has. I have loved several Gambit moments in this book, but admit I was kind of selfishly hoping for more. But it's still a book I enjoy. Soule's Astonishing had kind of a similar issue with pacing and too large a cast where many characters felt underutilized. But I like the art, theme, dialogue, and characterization generally. Those pink boots can bugger off though. At any rate, Red is likely ending and it's basically one big maxi story arc. Though I daresay Gambit did have more action and dialogue in Legacy for whatever it's worth.

Gambit Will be a Romantic Comedy, Says Producer

https://www.cbr.com/gambit-movie-romantic-comedy/

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    Yeah, I've been enjoying Red quite a bit. The only thing I can really fault Taylor for is having too many character in the book, but even then I'm not sure who I would get rid of.
    Make Good Art

It's X-Men Red. The title suggests its focus is going to be on Jean. Most of the other characters have had more minimal supporting roles, where they've been used for a particular practical function. Gambit's not an exception.

Is it frustrating he has not been used more? Sure, but Taylor would have had to tell a fundamentally different story from the one he wanted to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit Will be a Romantic Comedy, Says Producer

https://www.cbr.com/gambit-movie-romantic-comedy/
    My spirits were instantly down by the news (more than they've been in general with this "movie") but somehow AppleJ just has a magical way of looking at things positively... who knows what the script will now entail but I have a smidgen of hope still. I'm not a fan of Fox studios X-Men movies at all so if this one is done as badly as I have been fearing then I still have MCU. Sure, it will be YEARS before they do a Gambit film but I've gotten accustomed to waiting decades for things when it comes to the X-Men. Turns out, the X-Men still has a piece of my heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    I feel as if, uh, little Remy would make an issue sell more than little Bruce.