Page 647 of 661 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650651657 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 9903
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    I don't mind him having A cat, but THREE is just too much for me, IMHO it's weird, especially for a guy that's in his late 20s early 30s.

PS: Dogs are better
    I would totally own three cats in my 20s tbh.
    Mystique gave them to him. Is he going to dump three kittens for no good reason?
    Also, no, you’re wrong.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit, King of Thieves View Post
    I would totally own three cats in my 20s tbh.
    Mystique gave them to him. Is he going to dump three kittens for no good reason?
    Also, no, you’re wrong.
    LMAO .... good. And you are right. Sure, G could have tried to re-home them but he didn't because he has a heart of gold. The cats rock.

Edit: The cats add a humanizing element. We've got a character with red and black eyes, who throws cards with energy to explode things, steals for a living and people get their ire up over the written willingness of Gambit to take care of cats.

But hey, a floating potato named Doop, no blink of the eye. Too funny. And Yes, its all sarcasm.
    Last edited by Neko; 10-18-2018 at 03:13 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    LMAO .... good. And you are right. Sure, G could have tried to re-home them but he didn't because he has a heart of gold. The cats rock.

Edit: The cats add a humanizing element. We've got a character with red and black eyes, who throws cards with energy to explode things, steals for a living and people get their ire up over the written willingness of Gambit to take care of cats.

But hey, a floating potato named Doop, no blink of the eye. Too funny. And Yes, its all sarcasm.
    Doop is conceptually my favorite character, because how did THAT pitch go over?
    “Let’s make a floating green potato with stick arms and no legs.who only speaks in an alien language, has any power that’s convenient for the plot, and cannot be moved through time. Also make him madly in love with Kitty Pryde, give him a beer gut, and name him Doop.”
    “...continue.”
    “We’ve been using he, but Doop has no gender and is bisexual.”
    “All right. Sounds reasonable. When can he start?”
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Doop is conceptually my favorite character, because how did THAT pitch go over?
    “Let’s make a floating green potato with stick arms and no legs.who only speaks in an alien language, has any power that’s convenient for the plot, and cannot be moved through time. Also make him madly in love with Kitty Pryde, give him a beer gut, and name him Doop.”
    “...continue.”
    “We’ve been using he, but Doop has no gender and is bisexual.”
    “All right. Sounds reasonable. When can he start?”

Good grief, this is the first few times interacting with you and you are making me laugh!!!!!

That was gold.

Good grief, this is the first few times interacting with you and you are making me laugh!!!!!

That was gold.
    I frequent the Rogue & Gambit combined appreciation thread as well, in case you’d like a higher dose of Me.

And seriously, one of Doop’s powers is that he cannot time travel.

I frequent the Rogue & Gambit combined appreciation thread as well, in case you’d like a higher dose of Me.

And seriously, one of Doop’s powers is that he cannot time travel.
    Thank you for the invite but I shall pass. I don't romy, and I don't like Rogue.

Since that may be a downer, back to Gambit. There was no variant this week for the new issue, I looked into it.

I like cover art and do enjoy variants, that is the best I can do for support.

I'm surprised the cats are still a thing. They were only introduced to ape the popularity of pizza dog in the Hawkeye series at the time. I think they gave Carol a pet too in her series trying to do the same thing, or maybe that was Black Widow. Don't think either are still around.

And they are fixing Rogue's powers again? Did they mention how after they got fixed last time she dumped Gambit to go be with Mags lol? I guess KT won't mention that though, or pass it off as a "fling" when I don't see you can have a "fling" with Magneto after their history and everything he's done, but I'm not following the series so it is what it is.

But I checked this part of the forum to see how the Gambit movie news was coming along. Good to see that it is at least progressing again, but I don't know how I feel about the news of it being more of a love story than a heist film. Kind of makes me worried that they are unsure of how to really approach his movie. I still wish we could get an appearance by him in Deadpool or something to set up the character more. Then they can see what worked and didn't work from that appearance and apply it to his movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I'm surprised the cats are still a thing. They were only introduced to ape the popularity of pizza dog in the Hawkeye series at the time. I think they gave Carol a pet too in her series trying to do the same thing, or maybe that was Black Widow. Don't think either are still around.

And they are fixing Rogue's powers again? Did they mention how after they got fixed last time she dumped Gambit to go be with Mags lol? I guess KT won't mention that though, or pass it off as a "fling" when I don't see you can have a "fling" with Magneto after their history and everything he's done, but I'm not following the series so it is what it is.

But I checked this part of the forum to see how the Gambit movie news was coming along. Good to see that it is at least progressing again, but I don't know how I feel about the news of it being more of a love story than a heist film. Kind of makes me worried that they are unsure of how to really approach his movie. I still wish we could get an appearance by him in Deadpool or something to set up the character more. Then they can see what worked and didn't work from that appearance and apply it to his movie.
    Gambit's Cats: The best Marvel characters ever
    Carol's pet: Chewie, the space cat. Still around, and as a matter of fact in her current series, The Life of Captain Marvel. Chewie's pretty popular
    Black Widow's cat: Liho, given to somebody in Last Days, and as a result of Secret Wars I believe retconned out of existence. Secret Wars is confusing. Anyway, pretty certain she no longer has the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It was Black Widow with a cat but the sad part was, BW didn't let the cat in - even though it seemed to like her a lot. It bothered me and I dropped the book.

I also agree that with appeal of pizza dog, that cats were added to some books or characters. It's not a bad thing, whether its a dog or a cat. I think its a good thing.

It was Black Widow with a cat but the sad part was, BW didn't let the cat in - even though it seemed to like her a lot. It bothered me and I dropped the book.

I also agree that with appeal of pizza dog, that cats were added to some books or characters. It's not a bad thing, whether its a dog or a cat. I think its a good thing.
    oh dude, you had to give it time. The fact that she didn't let it in at first and then did later made it so much better, and gave some really good insight into her character, and if you don't count Last Days, which is mostly a flashback and I'm fairly certain no longer canon, she ends the series sailing away by herself with the cat and it's beautiful

Last edited by Gambit, King of Thieves; 10-18-2018 at 05:49 PM.

And this is pretty much the end to the issue before Last Days, although there is a little teaser villain reveal that they've never done anything with:

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

From KT Tumblr:

Anon: "Given Remy's supposed agility, shouldn't he have been able to dodge Deathbird's spear? It's not like she caught him by surprise as he was already looking at her and it's not like it's a gunshot. It just seems a little frustrating these days (and for the past couple years) that Gambit is only allowed to take down no name thugs/guards who have no super powers, unless of course somebody else (like the Shadow King) is controlling his body."

KT: "It’s actually hilarious you asked this.
    I wrote for him to get skewered from behind. When the art came in I thought we should ask for a tweak because I thought it made Remy look less skilled/slower/less acrobatic than he is. Editorial disagreed. And it’s a gorgeous panel as is, so we left it as is.
    Guess there are some folks that agree with me. Or at least one! 😂
    Comics are compromise. And they’re never perfect. Is what it is!"

Spectacular Member Kalternativa's Avatar

Anon: "I know everybody's understandably worried about Rogue and Xandra, but is Gambit going to be alright? He doesn't have super strength or super durability like Rogue, and no super healing like Logan. And I couldn't exactly tell if the spear literally went through the left side of his body or just wounded him by grazing him."

KT: "Well. I’m obviously not going to answer this. You gotta read the next part. Things are very dire all around tbh.

Related sidebar: issue 5 has 21 pages of content instead of 20. YAY!"

Thanks for the art and info Gambit, King of Thieves.

It makes me feel relieved that she kept the cat. Thanks for letting me know. Maybe I'll get the trade when available.

As for the current book. All Disney cat names - Oliver, Figaro and Lucifer .... those cute buggers ... I might actually read that issue because of them.

Thanks for the art and info Gambit, King of Thieves.

It makes me feel relieved that she kept the cat. Thanks for letting me know. Maybe I'll get the trade when available.

As for the current book. All Disney cat names - Oliver, Figaro and Lucifer .... those cute buggers ... I might actually read that issue because of them.
    She gave it to some scared kid in Last Days, but honestly Last Days and Secret Wars is so confusing continuity-wise.