Page 210 of 661 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220260310 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 9903

Quote Originally Posted by hbcooper View Post
    What if Remy is the informant they were discussing? He could have been using his criminal connections to hunt down the Red Skull these last few months. He helps find Xavier's brain and then sticks it to some bad guys at the same time. Seems like a Gambit thing to do
    I would love that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I would love that!!!
    Yea it would be pretty sweet if he was Deadpool's informant.

Quote Originally Posted by hbcooper View Post
    What if Remy is the informant they were discussing? He could have been using his criminal connections to hunt down the Red Skull these last few months. He helps find Xavier's brain and then sticks it to some bad guys at the same time. Seems like a Gambit thing to do
    Yeah that works although I don't want Gambit to be too helpful. His aid should come at a cost and I much prefer him to go back to that ambiguous role where you aren't quite sure if he is indeed friend or foe. In addition to sticking it to the bad guys, he should also be sticking it to the good guys when they get too heavy handed in their approach as they are doing right now by threatening to damage a place of business in order to get information. It doesn't matter how one views the clientele, we wouldn't accept such methods from authorities so not sure why we should accept it from heroes simply because they judge their cause as righteous.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Like I said before this is just a place to debut the character in the "regular" universe, in order to calm our nerves. Since he is only guesting this issue my thoughts lean toward covert ops over coincidence meeting based on prior tidbits of info. That doesn't mean he is UA's errand boy, it just means UA don't posses the skills, and connections amongst the criminal underworld that Gambit obviously does. So what to do when your a known Avenger fighting for truth justice and the American way? You send in a guy that is not fighting for any of that unprofitable hoopla, to do the things a high profile Avenger can't.
    Honestly I'm kinda eating my words a bit here but, I'm kinda glad Cable is the new member of UA and not Gambit. Sure it would be nice to see Gambit as a member of a high profile and respected team. I just think it wouldn't be in character for him to be an Avenger defending the earth from danger. Besides I don't want to see Gambit kicking it with the jocks anyway, that's not cool that's not Gambit. As to the cover of the book, hey business is business those books don't usually sell themselves. Also all negative Rogue plot device arguments aside, I think it's pretty cool the book starts out taking place on a cruise ship full of villains, it reminds me of "the club with no name" issue of Gambit's last solo.
    As for the whole Duggan saying he doesn't set out to write characters poorly thing, I'm pretty sure he was referring to the lack of Romy this issue is probably gonna have. It's pretty known that Romy was a huge thing in the PAST, so when there is none, there are a decent amount of fans of both characters who are disappointed. I for one am not one of them so not sweating it, hopefully Johhny Storm can keep a cool head over the fact Rogue was hanging out with ex boyfriend, whom happens to be way more awesome in every way, shape, and form imaginable. I mean you can't tell me you've never been mad when your current GF is hanging around her ex BF, and visa versa.
    I'll probably cop this, marvel isn't breaking my bank as of late due to the lack of interest in Avengers and Ihumans especially Inhumans, they are so whack!!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

So what's the line? Friend or foe?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Hopefully it's because Gambit is King of Thieves and it's the TG's that is bankrolling the cruise ship. That would most certainly put Gambit in the friend or foe category. Or it could just be a line from a solicit that doesn't mean anything. Guess we will find out Wednesday.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

LOL by "line" I was referring to betting, like over/under. Who's going with what?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    LOL by "line" I was referring to betting, like over/under. Who's going with what?
    I think foe because otherwise why ask that question? Hopefully I'm wrong and he'll be the informant because he shouldn't be a foe.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Informant klwould be great. Seems like a,plan Remy would hangout lol.
    X-Men Forever

Friend. What kind of foe Gambit can be to Avengers who want to retrieve Xavier`s brain from Red Skull?

Friend. What kind of foe Gambit can be to Avengers who want to retrieve Xavier`s brain from Red Skull?
    Rather dangerous and brave testing fate like that lol. It's like saying it can't get any worse before boom, ok it got worse.... esp after Xavier and apparently Cyclops went off the deep end.

Well if they are doing it in a manner that he disapproves with, he can still be a foe. Like for example if the TG's owns this boat and they are threatening to damage it. There are any number of scenarios where Gambit can be in opposition to the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Well if they are doing it in a manner that he disapproves with, he can still be a foe. Like for example if the TG's owns this boat and they are threatening to damage it. There are any number of scenarios where Gambit can be in opposition to the Avengers.
    Well that angle would paint him as morally dubious. Engaging in such activities while his species, friends, teammates and students are slowly being wiped out isn't going to bode well with high and mighty types like Rogue. In my opinion, its more sleazy than that whole Burning Man foolishness whatsherface had doing in X-Men a few months back... Or a year, it all feels the same.
    Guild Member

Getting away from the coming UA issue...

It saddens me how undecided Marvel has acted with Gambit and his status as the Head of the Thieves Guild. And I credit it to his standing with decision makers. They take advantage of one part of his background (the Assassins Guild) but completely overlook the TG. Evene when brought up in X-Factor, PAD painted the situation as if Gambit was thrust into it against his will or as if he were some sort of brooding prince running from his responsibility. Asmus' series left off with him seemingly secretly (and from the looks, happily) taking responsibility. Wolverine down plays it (though this was the time when he was everywhere at the same time), and the he blurts it out to Snow like he owed him an explanation... Then the next time we see him, he's wandering around Burning Man wearing clown pants and offering massages?

I understand the climate for all things X-Men isn't great at the moment but I would have loved even a online digital only series of him and a small cast maneuvering through what the International Thieves Guild really is. Mix in some intelligence community notes, some cloak and dagger games, mystery and intrigue. Think it could be something Marvel doesn't have in its catalog. Using some more obscure, street level characters like Misty Knight, Black Cat, even Jessica Jones, the Assassins Guild and HYDRA/SHIELD. But one can dream.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 02-01-2016 at 12:27 PM.
    Guild Member

Yeah, it could be a great Mission Impossible/Gambit comics. I still hope to see new solo closer to movie release.

Do you think we will ever se Fence again? Or he is gone like courier?