Page 106 of 661 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156206606 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 9903

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    I'd definitely choose 616. That is if by 92' X-Men they are referring to Gambit XTAS, and not Gambit 616 in 92'.
    I agree 100% on the TAS gambit characterization being pretty weak, but that style and costume is my fav. I would love a 92 gambit without the 3rd person dialog and tone down the campyness of him. Kinda like you said 616 gambit in 92 style.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mattarchy View Post
    I agree 100% on the TAS gambit characterization being pretty weak, but that style and costume is my fav. I would love a 92 gambit without the 3rd person dialog and tone down the campyness of him. Kinda like you said 616 gambit in 92 style.
    Yeah. 92' COMICS Gambit would be the ideal.

616 need to stay or most Gambit stories will mean nothing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    616 need to stay or most Gambit stories will mean nothing.
    Yeah, I'll probably stop reading 616 all together, if they really do reboot Gambit and the like out. It is kind of looking like X-men will be segregated to their own dimensions in House of M and 92, since those are the only mutant solicits I know of post Secret Wars. So all of 616 Gambit's back story, side characters, progress and potential power may get swept under the rug to dumb him down in those worlds. If he is being re-written by the current Marvel staff.... it does not bode well. 0_0

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kumiho View Post
    Yeah, I'll probably stop reading 616 all together, if they really do reboot Gambit and the like out. It is kind of looking like X-men will be segregated to their own dimensions in House of M and 92, since those are the only mutant solicits I know of post Secret Wars. So all of 616 Gambit's back story, side characters, progress and potential power may get swept under the rug to dumb him down in those worlds. If he is being re-written by the current Marvel staff.... it does not bode well. 0_0
    We know nothing post secret wars yet. What solits? They haven't revealed the SW tie in in X books aside from last days in Magneto
    X-Men Forever

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

So with the news that Bendis is leaving the core X-titles who do you guys think would be best case sceneio for us Remy fans?
    L'Enfer !

Nicieza, Asmus and Liu`s return is the best scenario for us.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

See I was thinking Asmus but does he actually like the character or was that just his assingment. We could find he has no interest in Gambit when the likes of Storm, Cyclops etc are open to him.
    L'Enfer !

I am sure Asmus would write a good Gambit in a team book. He likes him and understand character really good.

OK, i'm just going to start lighting candles for Lui return (very unlikely).

I have a question I've asked the Emma thread before: Would you be happy with Gambit being well-written, but in a more secondary niche title?

I don't need the mutants I like to be a "popular", "main" mutant - I just want them to have a proper place and sound like themselves.

I am ok with satellite books (where Gambit shines) if writer intrested and want to use Remy.
    Overall I loved Liu`s astonishing where Gambit was not a major player much more then overall X-Factor.

Hi everyone! Long-term X-Men and Gambit-fan. I see that I have to catch up alot since I haven't read any X-Men books since 2009. But I'm trying. Bendis is leaving? So I get it, this is good news?

And what is Gambit doing in the meantime? I hope he is not in limbo (again).
    Last edited by The_Walking_Cat; 02-04-2015 at 03:21 PM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Walking_Cat View Post
    Hi everyone! Long-term X-Men and Gambit-fan. I see that I have to catch up alot since I haven't read any X-Men books since 2009. But I'm trying. What do I hear? Bendis is leaving? So I get it, this is good news?

Ermmm... Gambit has had a solo written by James Asmus and been in X-Factor written by PAD. Both canceled. He may be in Spiderman 2009 along with his teammates but its not confirmed. He'll be showing up in Storm's solo and may be in X-Men 92'... Which I still don't know what that I'd exactly. A mini, a one shot, an alternate universe ongoing. He's had ups and downs.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Walking_Cat View Post
    Hi everyone! Long-term X-Men and Gambit-fan. I see that I have to catch up alot since I haven't read any X-Men books since 2009. But I'm trying. What do I hear? Bendis is leaving? So I get it, this is good news?

Hi) Sorry, he is in limbo now( He will guest star in Storm #9 in March.

You should try Gambit 2012 solo by Asmus.

@donpricetag and @Purplevit:
    Oh, I see. Damn, my timing is always pretty bad :/
    As for the 2012 Gambit solo, I'll give it a try.
    Thank you.