Page 110 of 661 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210610 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 9903
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    No his eyes are red cause of his mutant powers he was born like that
    I think they are mostly red on black to look cool and dangerous. And it works! Other then that writers have hinted at them playing a part in his 'charm' power and maybe giving him a measure of dark vision or infrared. I don't think any writer worked out the canon on thth though. However they were the mark of prophecy which led the Antiquery to buying/stealing baby Remy from his parents.

its valentine so comicbook.com has come up with the top 5 best comic book romance which includes rogue and gambit.http://comicbook.com/2015/02/13/5-be...source=article

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    its valentine so comicbook.com has come up with the top 5 best comic book romance which includes rogue and gambit.http://comicbook.com/2015/02/13/5-be...source=article
    They are the best X couple.

ComicsAlliance did a top 50 of sexy male characters. Gambit ranked 4th. While they took shots at him, I'm still glad he ranked as high as he did.

http://comicsalliance.com/comics-sex...le-characters/
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

yeoback

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

I just wrote on the “If X-Men where to end” thread. My idea involves the vast majority of the X-Men perishing in blazes of glory. It got me thinking if Marvel where ever to do the unthinkable and kill off Gambit…how would you like them to do it?

For me it would be saving the rest of his team from Mr Sinister. Gambit would have somehow managed to tap into the full potential of his powers and would be looking to use it to eliminate Sinister, knowing he will perish as well. Gambit would view this as a win as he may die but he will “finally be free of Sinister”.

Thought that it would be a poetic end for him and wanted to share .
    L'Enfer !

How are things in the Gambit thread? Any thoughts on the May solicits?

Hopefully Remy will show up in the Wolverines?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    How are things in the Gambit thread? Any thoughts on the May solicits?

Hopefully Remy will show up in the Wolverines?
    Heh. Nah.. they gave that role to Fantomex with boobs.

It's a dark and scary time to be a Gambit fan. He has one upcoming cameo in Storm, then nothing. Some versions of him may pop up in the AU Secret Wars books... then we just have to hope he is still around in the 616 after. 0_0

Quote Originally Posted by kumiho View Post
    Heh. Nah.. they gave that role to Fantomex with boobs.

It's a dark and scary time to be a Gambit fan. He has one upcoming cameo in Storm, then nothing. Some versions of him may pop up in the AU Secret Wars books... then we just have to hope he is still around in the 616 after. 0_0
    Yeah, I don't get the Fanto appeal. His basically just a non-cajun thief/assassin, without any of Gambit's appeal. It feels like whoever created him (Morrison?) wanted a thief like character, but refused to use Remy for some reason...(and I know his suppose to be based on Diabolik)

We have to keep our spirits up. Marvel does know they are not inspiring us with fluffy feelings right now? Wondering whether characters you love will survive a "reboot" isn't a positive, fun experience.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Well Claremont had use of Gambit for X-treme. Also yeah I don't think Morrison would have used if anyway. So far based soley on covers for Secret Wars we have Gambit in House of M, X-Men 90's gambit, AOA, that's three versions plus 616 makes 4 different Gambits
    X-Men Forever

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the Fanto appeal. His basically just a non-cajun thief/assassin, without any of Gambit's appeal. It feels like whoever created him (Morrison?) wanted a thief like character, but refused to use Remy for some reason...(and I know his suppose to be based on Diabolik)

We have to keep our spirits up. Marvel does know they are not inspiring us with fluffy feelings right now? Wondering whether characters you love will survive a "reboot" isn't a positive, fun experience.
    I dunno... I never really liked much anything of Morrison's run, yet there are a lot of others who look at it like the bible. I just don't get it. Fantomex either. He's just such a mess of rip-offs and gimmicks that I just loathe him. Why we needed a female version... I can't care.

Really, there's not much in DisMarvel I care about anymore, and it just keeps getting worse instead of better.

Incredible Member

Well Claremont had use of Gambit for X-treme. Also yeah I don't think Morrison would have used if anyway. So far based soley on covers for Secret Wars we have Gambit in House of M, X-Men 90's gambit, AOA, that's three versions plus 616 makes 4 different Gambits
    Sadly, just because Gambit is on the cover art for those AU books doesn't technically mean he will actually play a role in the books. Same goes for 616 Gambit, who is currently stuck on a satellite team which is no longer in print.

Im sure he'll be involved in X-Men 92 for sure. It's a weird time for a lot of x-characters. Gambit included.
    Last edited by cc008; 02-18-2015 at 05:04 AM.

It is speculated that writer of house of M is Bendis. So, no House of M for Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    It is speculated that writer of house of M is Bendis. So, no House of M for Gambit.
    If the speculation is true, I'm kinda relieved Remy might not be in House of M. Don't wanna know what a Bendis' Gambit would sound like. But I'm going to guess like a quirky, horny, cajun teenager?

Sometimes it's better for the character, if they are not used by certain writers.