Page 113 of 661 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163213613 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 9903
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    There ya go!
    Well now I'm just going to be sad when that doesn't happen. 0_0

I don't need the MM for Gambit in his movie, sure it can be done. I just think ... keep it simple would be best. Concentrate on him being a thief. IMO
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I don't need the MM for Gambit in his movie, sure it can be done. I just think ... keep it simple would be best. Concentrate on him being a thief. IMO
    Seconded. I like the idea of the Gambit thief film.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Oh yea.. I think X-Men 33 should be the script!! lol. But I think the MM could very possibly be in the future of the X-Men films.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Oh yea.. I think X-Men 33 should be the script!! lol. But I think the MM could very possibly be in the future of the X-Men films.
    Yeah! X-Men 33 is the best choice!

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Yeah a simple film that's not overcrowded would be great. Also, doesnt need to be over connected with mutant cameos either
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Yeah a simple film that's not overcrowded would be great. Also, doesnt need to be over connected with mutant cameos either
    This...so much this.

Stick to a few core characters and really develop them, rather than throwing in a hundred worthless cameos as fan service. More mutants does not a better film make. Wolverine Origins being a good example - did we really need Frosty or Cyke? More Gambit time would've been way better spend.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I'm all for keeping the cast SMALL. I don't think Gambit needs to be taking on the whole Marauders team AND Sinister while saving the Morlocks (first movie? One word; Overload), or dealing with his guild, the assassin's guild, law enforcement and possibly Sabertooth while stealing a gem from Genevieve. Keep Gambit the centralized focus of the film. Keep the plot simple, yet open enough to be expanded upon in sequels or tie ins. I only want Gambit to share the screen with no more than two known comic names if its in a after credit scene with him dropped in front of the present day X-Men via sudden time travel.

I look forward most to the internal dialogue that's bound to happen. I actually hope the entire more is told in retrospect and we only catch up to him in the very end so the entire movie is told with his opinion and POV.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 02-23-2015 at 09:13 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

BANNED

A general rule of writing is that the larger the cast, the lower the intensity.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    A general rule of writing is that the larger the cast, the lower the intensity.
    Agreed...very few films and books can juggle a giant cast well (the Fire and Ice series is a great example of the few times it does work well).

check out some exclusive images from the upcoming storm #9 issue featuring gambit. The art doesn't impress but looks like a fun readhttp://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-greg-pak-forecasts-storms-future

Yes to a fun read. Yes to suspect art.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    check out some exclusive images from the upcoming storm #9 issue featuring gambit. The art doesn't impress but looks like a fun readhttp://www.comicbookresources.com/article/x-position-greg-pak-forecasts-storms-future
    Thanks for the link...

(Geez, I'd heard the art had gotten bad in Storm, but that is ridiculous. How did anyone approve that...poor Storm and Remy (more poor him of course...first XX-Men's horrible art and now this...).

It does look like a fun read. Bleh to the art. It does look like we're getting classic Gambit and Storm, be that friends, or flirts. Its good to see their friendship. Or so it appears in the art.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Woo! So happy that Pak doesn't appear to be reading Gambit like a dummy in need of rescuing! Can't wait to read this, regardless of the crappy art