Page 161 of 661 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171211261 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 9903

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Gambit and jubilee never knocked night crawler or kitty from the roster. They weren't on the x-men roster for years before the 90s they were on Excalibur
    I have fond memories of Excalibur.

If I remember correctly the whole deal with Blue & Gold was that no X-men was off the roster. They where all active for the first time.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminy_Cricket View Post
    I think some of the hate towards characters like Jubilee and Gambit stems from older readers who where angry that for a period in the 90's these two knocked old favourites like Kitty Pryde and Nightcrawler off the roster.

Probably the same way we hate Fantomex.
    I hate Fantomex because he's @##%#$% annoying. Mostly because I see him as an amalgamation of Gambit and Deadpool with a dash of GI Joe. He's a pointless character with no motivation and a cooked up origin story that could literally work on anything. I don't know how he's survived this long. In terms of development he's no different from characters like Adam-X, Xorn, Stacey-X, Wing, and Beak. He has Remender to thank for staying relevant past Second Coming. Remender loved Fantomex, but "couldn't see the value in a character like Gambit". What? You mean the original super powered, agile, French speaking, thief, X-Man, trench coat wearing adventurer, who literally carried the X-Men for a decade alongside Wolverine?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Fantomex came along at a time when secondary mutations and going over board making new characters was a fad at Marvel. There was no need for the character, and he's quite convoluted when you read his back story. IMO.

But I would agree with the assessment that my dislike comes from Fantomex getting a spot and Gambit being sidelined.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

I still fail to understand why Some people hate Gambit so much. Do they think hating Gambit is cool. Came across this post http://nypost.com/2015/08/03/channin...laying-gambit/ It say gambit power is lame as his superpower is to throw cards.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    I still fail to understand why Some people hate Gambit so much. Do they think hating Gambit is cool. Came across this post http://nypost.com/2015/08/03/channin...laying-gambit/ It say gambit power is lame as his superpower is to throw cards.
    Pretty ignorant of them... Gambit throws cards? I guess Superman just lifts heavy things and Batman sneaks up on people. Wolverine must have the power to stab things real good, too? The Things a big rock and Captain America has the ability to throw stuff (I'm deliberately writing as nondescript as possible). If your going to be devil's advocate a least try to sound like you know what you're talking about.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Lol, It's pretty cmmon missconception. Not because they hate Gambit. Most non comic book fans only know Gambit superpower as throwing cards and be very good with that bo stick. Only comic book's fans know his charming, and change potential energy within things into kinetic energy that blow up on contcat powers.
    ꦩꦒ꧀ꦤꦺꦠꦺꦴ ꦩꦺꦩꦁ ꦧꦼꦤꦂ

If the writer actually did research before playing devils advocate with the film, it might have been a better read. As it is the article comes across as someone who hates Gambit for no real reason. Oh wait, lame accent and powers. It could have been written by the detractors who frequent this forum (not this thread, the forum).
    Last edited by Neko; 08-03-2015 at 04:13 PM.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Mighty Member

I've always liked Remy, he's in my list of fave X Men. If Tatum can do him justice - and Fox too - he'll be great on film.

Disappointed we won't be seeing Rogue though.

i hope all the LOST mutants are put in a book.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    i hope all the LOST mutants are put in a book.
    Well not "all". Technically there are dozens of unaccounted for characters, especially since leaving Utopia/AvX.

But I guess the mainstays; Gambit, Cyclops, Emma, Jubilee, Dazzler, Rachel, Cable (and Hope), Bishop, Dr. Nemesis, Boom Boom, Sunfire, Havok, Polaris, M, Cypher, Danger (not a mutant but..), Forge, Starfire, Chamber, Angel, Domino, Quinton Quire, Northstar.... Hell that's even too much

Didn't even get into Warpaths and the Wolfsbanes and the Longshots of the world.
    Guild Member

Rebecca Ferguson, Lea Seydoux,
    Abbey Lee On ‘Gambit’ Short List

http://deadline.com/2015/08/rebecca-...en-1201494275/

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Rebecca Ferguson, Lea Seydoux,
    Abbey Lee On ‘Gambit’ Short List

http://deadline.com/2015/08/rebecca-...en-1201494275/
    any one of them will be great

Ultimate Member

Agreed. Although Rebecca Ferguson was my #1 choice (seriously, she's awesome and they didn't waste any time trying to scoop her up). But then I thought about it more and two things stuck out to me:

1. The Carol Danvers job is still open as far as I know.

2. There's such a French/Cajun aesthetic to Gambit and his mythology.

So I actually think that Lea Seydoux might be a better choice for this particular part (she's French, plus she's a good actress, and a MI alumni). Let Rebecca play Captain Marvel.

I hope they would choose Lea Seydoux .

anyone else notice 2 of these actors have a sexy gap tooth look, similar to that of anna paquin's rogue???

maybe our movie gambit already has a type.