Page 200 of 661 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204210250300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 9903

It's hideous. He needs an intervention.

Also, he needs to get back to the gym NOW.
    Last edited by Foon4000; 01-11-2016 at 02:49 AM.

I really can't see him as Gambit.

Incredible Member Jiminy_Cricket's Avatar

I am starting to see him as Gambit more and more. I don't think that's the exact hairstyle we will get, once the costume designer and a stylist get their hands on it I think we will get something closer to what we would expect.

I am giving Tatum full benefit of the doubt. This role is potentially one that allows him to play to his strengths with the physicality of the role and the comedic nature and charm of the character. Also he can do some of the heavier acting needed nowadays.

Look at Sylvester Stallone that guy is a terrible actor but somehow he just makes the character of Rocky work, I think Channing could pull this off for Gambit.
    L'Enfer !

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

His hair? He'll do just fine. Stop it. Stop complaining that he doesn't exactly fit the bill for a comic character. Jackman doesn't look any part of Wolverine outside of the shape of his hair. Not every character will find their Patrick Stewart or Ryan Reynolds (perfect physical match).
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

I like Tatum. He's got the smart-playing-dumb thing down. But his hair right now is a contraceptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    I like Tatum. He's got the smart-playing-dumb thing down. But his hair right now is a contraceptive.
    Ok that was funny. The contraceptive part, I mean.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

markvk79

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Foon4000 View Post
    HAHAHA. Agreed.

They've probably asked him to start growing his hair out as all. I'm sure it hasn't been cut or styled for the film two months in advance.

But...

He really needs to get back into the gym and lock down his training diet yesterday.

It sounds mean, but he's way too plump right now for the roll. He needs to lose a lot of weight...I don't understand why he's always letting himself go between films so much...he's not normally cast for his acting ability after all...

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

I wonder what some of you 21 year old male models look like?

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    Yep. Harsh but accurate. Of all the things to worry about with this project, some of your are worried about his hair as if that's the actual style. Ever thought he's growing it so that it can be cut and styled properly before filming? As for his body, he's actually lost a lot of weight, its not really showing in his face all that much, but I'm certain by time you Project Runway judges see him in the movie, he'll be fine.
    Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    haha Got my age right at least.
    Not sure if the comment was directed at me, but I wasn't criticizing Tatum's looks. He's pretty hot, just not the way I imagined Gambit. I hope he does well anyway and proves me wrong.

I think the "problem" is that he lost a lot of weight last year for the role, but when Rupert Wyatt left he might've realized that it wasn't okay to have lost all that weight. I think it's fine though. Gambit isn't as skinny as you would believe thanks to his costume (the trenchcoat and the horizontal lines on his original costume made him look skinnier than he is).

I will say that I think he fits as Gambit more than Hugh Jackman fits as Wolverine.

BANNED

But is Channing too old to be Gambit?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    No, he is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    That's what I'm worried about, more than looks, writing and acting. Tatum will be 40 this year. I've heard it said that Fox is banking on him being a studly draw big enough to supplant an aging Hugh Jackman. How's that gonna work? How do you pitch a "young" anti hero at the younger generation when your actor is crossing into middle age??

Gambit movie can be in future with Deadpool.