Page 213 of 661 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 9903

So, 616 Gambit is still in limbo and without regular book. One year passed, who knows how long more to wait.

I think we can start to lough a lot about "Major" role in a non X-book and Alonso`s words about Gambit plans that they were not able to announce in 2015.

Now I wait only for some good movie news. It seems it is the only positive thing for Gambit fans for "nearest" future.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Me too. But I would take that fake Gambit cameo every day over G.Willow Wilson or Chris Sims' "real" Gambit
    Seconded. That's the truly sad part.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Me too. But I would take that fake Gambit cameo every day over G.Willow Wilson or Chris Sims' "real" Gambit
    No. No, this was some bait and switch, facsimile BS. Completely unacceptable. Could have cut and paste anyone into that... You don't use a cover like that and then do this. I'm not just talking about recreating that Romy cover, but the Gambit logo and by lines. It's total bullocks. I didn't have an issue with Duggan but I won't be messing with him. He knew exactly what he was doing. You guys can let him off if you want. I'm super disappointed.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    No. No, this was some bait and switch, facsimile BS. Completely unacceptable. Could have cut and paste anyone into that... You don't use a cover like that and then do this. I'm not just talking about recreating that Romy cover, but the Gambit logo and by lines. It's total bullocks. I didn't have an issue with Duggan but I won't be messing with him. He knew exactly what he was doing. You guys can let him off if you want. I'm super disappointed.
    I won`t let him off. I sent him polite X-Po question about this crap. Will see if he will answer.

@$&# dirty rotten #+/% Marvel. I fell for it hook, line and sinker just because of some pretty cover art. $&@#!!!
    Last edited by Spasticat; 02-03-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Thank God, Red Skull did what Gambit could not and refused Rogue. I'll take this over Gambit pining for Rogue any day. I may have to buy this for no other reason than Red Skull trolling Rogue.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Very disappointed it wasnt Gambit. The cover does kind of annoy me, as I think it should any Gambit fan. I won't attack Duggan or anything, I think he's a great writer and if this is the story he wants to tell then great. I just wish we could have seen how he would have written Gambit. Because I do think he would have done a good job at it.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Thank God, Red Skull did what Gambit could not and refused Rogue. I'll take this over Gambit pining for Rogue any day. I may have to buy this for no other reason than Red Skull trolling Rogue.
    LOL .... agreed here. And his reason for not kissing completely believable, though Gambit probably wouldn't worry about it. Yes, I'm glad that happened.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Very disappointed it wasnt Gambit. The cover does kind of annoy me, as I think it should any Gambit fan. I won't attack Duggan or anything, I think he's a great writer and if this is the story he wants to tell then great. I just wish we could have seen how he would have written Gambit. Because I do think he would have done a good job at it.
    There is always a plus somewhere. The artist drew Gambit well, the costume was a nice nod to Mann. RSGambit did act like Gambit - which shows Duggan knows how to write Gambit even if in the end it wasn't Gambit.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

I am not annoyed at all. Do we expect Duggan to spoil his own story? Is he suppose to tell you that it isn't Gambit? If you want to fault someone, fault Marvel and Alonso for claiming Gambit was going to have a major role. It's not Duggan's fault Alonso said that and frankly Marvel and Duggan gave you enough info to not get your hopes up. Red Skull using Gambit in this way is perfectly sensible and appropriate given the story.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

art was ok... I think some of us have forgotten what "good" is because how up and down its been over the years... They messed up Gambit's eyes. Not seeing 616 so long, then to get an image of him just for it not to be him, then incorrect eyes (eyes are big part of Gambit. Without them you easily say its Rictor with a hair)? I dont get why he was even on the cover nor do I really understand why some of us are singing its praises. This wasnt Gambit. Gambit was not in this issue. The reason Gambit didnt fight? Because it wasnt Gambit. Why didnt Gambit kiss Rogue? Because it wasnt friggin Gambit. This was not a cameo. Gambit did not "make his move". Though some of us had a heads up that this wasnt him, they used his image to sell. His presence, or lack thereof, made zero difference. Any number of characters could have filled that role. They created that cover and pushed that solicitation from months ago to build hype, just to dupe the fans and boost sales. Never again. Are we so battered and beaten down, we're ok with this? Blame Marvel more than, Duggan? Maybe... But it still happened.

I didn't want to be right. Now I'm just hoping Gambit survived the 8 month gap. I guarantee they haven't figured out what they're doing with him. Only good thing about this that no one has brought up? If sales are truly significantly bolstered by his mere appearance, they may insert him somewhere. Hopefully he isnt forced upon someone and ends being background noise.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 02-03-2016 at 10:17 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Yes but some of us can form an objective opinion of the story irrespective of our love for Gambit. In story, this was a perfectly reasonable ploy by Red Skull. And as the story was presented any character could not have filled that role. They were going to steal something, Rogue was leading the infiltration team and her ex-bf is a thief. If he wants to avoid a confrontation then using Gambit's image is definitely not only a good choice but probably the preferred choice. Who would you have RS summon that would be better?

As for marketing, I am shocked a for profit entity would ever try to use a character they own to boost sales. How dare there? Jokes aside, yes I get why it sucks for Gambit fans but Marvel did what they should have done from a marketing perspective. Again the only thing that was really unnecessary was the whole major role bit if we assume this is what Alonso was referring too. If so then that was an obvious lie. However, putting an image of Romy on the cover in a story where RS is going to be pretending to be Gambit is fair game IMO.
    Last edited by remydat; 02-03-2016 at 10:31 AM.

Honestly, I think it still makes Gambit look bad that he isn't helping out the X-Men anywhere. I get no writer is interested in using him, but there are all these major crises going on and Gambit isn't helping people who are supposed to be his friends. I just wonder how they are going to explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    There is always a plus somewhere. The artist drew Gambit well, the costume was a nice nod to Mann. RSGambit did act like Gambit - which shows Duggan knows how to write Gambit even if in the end it wasn't Gambit.
    Very true. Well put, Neko

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I am not annoyed at all. Do we expect Duggan to spoil his own story? Is he suppose to tell you that it isn't Gambit? If you want to fault someone, fault Marvel and Alonso for claiming Gambit was going to have a major role. It's not Duggan's fault Alonso said that and frankly Marvel and Duggan gave you enough info to not get your hopes up. Red Skull using Gambit in this way is perfectly sensible and appropriate given the story.
    I never said it was Duggan's fault. I have nothing wrong with anything Gerry's ever written.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Honestly, I think it still makes Gambit look bad that he isn't helping out the X-Men anywhere. I get no writer is interested in using him, but there are all these major crises going on and Gambit isn't helping people who are supposed to be his friends. I just wonder how they are going to explain that.
    Thieves Guild shenanigans

I never said it was Duggan's fault. I have nothing wrong with anything Gerry's ever written.
    I was just using your comment to make a general point. So my bad for making it seem you did. That was not my intent.

Thieves Guild shenanigans
    It was a mistake to ever put him back with the Thieves Guild. All it's done is take him away from the X-Men and further away from their actual stories. It isn't a strong enough concept to be worth it.