Page 501 of 661 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 9903
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Sure is a lot of children to face one of "the X-Mens worst villain". The cast itself is underwhelming but I hear the writer is good. It probably will be Gambit if you look at the male to female ratio. I'll give the first issue a shot. If nothing else get a feel for it and come back when someone on the roster interests me. Shame. I keep reading the same things on Twitter, people asking why the need of new characters? Why more Wolverine? Why is Nightcrawler on this team too? Why aren't they using lesser utilized fan favorites?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Sure is a lot of children to face one of "the X-Mens worst villain". The cast itself is underwhelming but I hear the writer is good. It probably will be Gambit if you look at the male to female ratio. I'll give the first issue a shot. If nothing else get a feel for it and come back when someone on the roster interests me. Shame. I keep reading the same things on Twitter, people asking why the need of new characters? Why more Wolverine? Why is Nightcrawler on this team too? Why aren't they using lesser utilized fan favorites?
    It's a shame because, really, this is how you do an X-Men team. It's not beholden to a specific era and there's a bunch of new character dynamics ripe for exploration. It's what I wanted from Gold and Blue.

Last edited by mikeb; 11-13-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    If you get through the casting thread there is a tweet confirming its this book but he wont confirm which one if them joins. Considering Rogue's Jan push i wouldn't be surprised if it is Rogue. It also needs a bit more A list power. Gambit needs some rehab to get out of chumpsville. I imagine he would be made to look bad against ithers like Kurt who run similar roles in a team agility stealth scouting. A flying brick deus ex machina with street cred gives the writer more options and pumps the power level on this team.
    Thanks for the info. I saw the thread but did not want to go thru 31 pages to find an answer.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Yeah wasnt Jean on the team when Gambit was the leader for like a minute? Think Cable was on that team too and they fought the Neo.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Based on a poll on twitter from Mark Paniccia Gambit got the most votes on who fan think is the final member of X-Men gold as Mark hinted its between him and rogue.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Based on a poll on twitter from Mark Paniccia Gambit got the most votes on who fan think is the final member of X-Men gold as Mark hinted its between him and rogue.
    The contrarian makes me think it wont be Gambit so as to be a surprise. Hopefully if it is Gambit he can start to rebuild x connections and some motive to bring him back into the x fold.

I am curious what motive holds this team together.
    Last edited by Jiraiya; 11-14-2017 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R0d View Post
    Now that we know the roster of X-men Red what do you guys think about Gambit maybe joining it? It's either him or Rogue.
    I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed with it, I like Laura, Kurt and Jean but I couldn't care less about Gabby, Gentle and Namor.
    I guess it's better than nothing and a book without Rogue will allow Gambit to explore other relationships and make some new friendships.
    It must be Gambit. No reason to have Rogue there because team already have 2 tanks. Also Rogue has the same powers as Namor.
    Evry team need explosive charmer

Would love Gambit to be with X-23 on team. Also Taylor at least is writting Gambit explosions big. Remy blown the whole floor and X-23 into pieces with just 1 card in All-New Wolverine.

The good thing is that Taylor has written Gambit before, voluntarily. The negative is that nothing makes sense concerning Gambit and Marvel editorial. Still I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

If it is Gambit why do you think they are hidding him?

Maybe they are waiting for some big Gambit movie news? Or he will just join team later or in second arc?

Just speculating It still may be Rogue.

Spectacular Member

I too don't understand why they're hiding the last member and trying to create hype while there is only 2 candidates.

Maybe it is Rogue/Gambit but from an alternate universe/past/future/clon etc.(Yes, it is disgusting even as a joke)

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    I too don't understand why they're hiding the last member and trying to create hype while there is only 2 candidates.

Maybe it is Rogue/Gambit but from an alternate universe/past/future/clon etc.(Yes, it is disgusting even as a joke)
    Definetely disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Definetely disgusting
    Gambit was the only person Xavier sacrificed in Astonishing X-men. He tried to help Logan, created the Power Rangers and helped Psylocke. Gambit's soul might be stuck in the Astral plane and his body might be the still be under the influence of the ShadowKing by the end of the series.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    The good thing is that Taylor has written Gambit before, voluntarily. The negative is that nothing makes sense concerning Gambit and Marvel editorial. Still I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.
    Yeah even brief i liked Gambit in ANW. And out of the Red Team hes the one Laura has been around the most. Maybe Gentle a bit lol. So if it is him i see some good here. And kurt and jean interaction with remy is always good.
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah wasnt Jean on the team when Gambit was the leader for like a minute? Think Cable was on that team too and they fought the Neo.
    This was during the "Revolution" period of Claremont's second run, circa 2000.