Page 51 of 661 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I'd rather Gambit not get involved with a woman for whom he'll never be number one for her and hope if it were to happen that it wouldn't be some backhanded attack at Magneto...and aside from that if it happens then it's pretty much for PAD a copy of what he did in his last version of X-Factor, had the main male character sleep with like 90% or more of the women in the book.

Gambit is suppose to be a ladies man. Ladies men sleep with women. That's kind of the point. I don't know who Maddrox slept with but currently Gambit has slept with 1 women and is unlikely to be sleeping with her again considering it was Snow's wife. You keep saying 90% or more as if there are 10 women in the book and Gambit has slept with 9 of them. I could see where that would be excessive. However going from sleeping with one girl to sleeping with two is hardly an issue. And who said anything about it being an attack on Mags? The fact that Lorna is Mags daughter is irrelevant.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Gambit is suppose to be a ladies man. Ladies men sleep with women. That's kind of the point. I don't know who Maddrox slept with but currently Gambit has slept with 1 women and is unlikely to be sleeping with her again considering it was Snow's wife. You keep saying 90% or more as if there are 10 women in the book and Gambit has slept with 9 of them. I could see where that would be excessive. However going from sleeping with one girl to sleeping with two is hardly an issue. And who said anything about it being an attack on Mags? The fact that Lorna is Mags daughter is irrelevant.
    100% There is zero reason to believe Gambit kissed her just because she's Magneto's daughter. That thought never even entered my mind when I read the page. And who's to say he'll never be "number 1" for Polaris? Nostalgia?

Well obviously because Havoc and Lorna are soulmates. Never mind he is having kids with another woman in UA. Lorna should just sit there and wait for Havoc to sow his royal oats.

On second thought, strawmen are fun. We should come up with more.
    Last edited by remydat; 09-06-2014 at 01:50 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Gambit kissed Lorna because he wanted to ... nothing to do with Mags, Havok or any other character.
    "My superpower? I'm irresistible to women." Gambit- ANXF #9
    Gambit's kittens: Oliver, Lucifer and Figaro: Oliver and Company.

Ultimate Member

Actually Lorna would be number 3, there was Snow's wife and then the receptionist or whoever she was before that, in PAD's last run he had Jamie and/or a dupe of his sleep with Siryn and M at the same time, then Layla came later as his wife, so he had Jamie sleep with 75% of the female members of the team and so far in this version he hasn't only slept with Lorna and Danger if you count her. I didn't mean that he'd kiss her because she was Magneto's daughter, only that it'd be bad if he wanted to date her because she was Magneto's daughter in some crazy form of revenge for Rogue dating Magneto earlier. As for number one let's be serious, no X-lady will move Rogue out as being the number one lady for Gambit and the pairing of Gambit and Lorna would have to last decades before Gambit would move Alex out of that spot, and I don't foresee this version of X-Factor lasting to terribly much longer unless sales improve.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    Gambit kissed Lorna because he wanted to ... nothing to do with Mags, Havok or any other character.
    Yeah, pretty much this. I doubt Mags or Havok would even care, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by sprior93 View Post
    Yeah, pretty much this. I doubt Mags or Havok would even care, to be honest.
    Exactly. Nor should they, Havok has moved on. Mags doesn't pay any attention to his kids or what they are doing.

I just hope there is more Gambit in the next issue than in the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Actually Lorna would be number 3, there was Snow's wife and then the receptionist or whoever she was before that, in PAD's last run he had Jamie and/or a dupe of his sleep with Siryn and M at the same time, then Layla came later as his wife, so he had Jamie sleep with 75% of the female members of the team and so far in this version he hasn't only slept with Lorna and Danger if you count her. I didn't mean that he'd kiss her because she was Magneto's daughter, only that it'd be bad if he wanted to date her because she was Magneto's daughter in some crazy form of revenge for Rogue dating Magneto earlier. As for number one let's be serious, no X-lady will move Rogue out as being the number one lady for Gambit and the pairing of Gambit and Lorna would have to last decades before Gambit would move Alex out of that spot, and I don't foresee this version of X-Factor lasting to terribly much longer unless sales improve.
    What receptionist? I don't recall Gambit sleeping with anyone other than Angela. Snow was sleeping with assistant Linda. And Madrox sleeping with 3 actual X-women (ie important characters) is not remotely close to Gambit sleeping with Angela who is more a plot device and not a character and this mysterious receptionist that I as a diehard fan don't even remember.

Why would Gambit want to date her to get revenge for Mags? That suggestion isn't even worth arguing about.

And I really don't care about No 1 or any such nonsense. Havok is moving on just fine with Wasp so I see no reason for Polaris not to do the same whether it be with Gambit or someone else.

I love you Remydat!

Okay - to contribute - I just want to see Gambit in a relationship that isn't toxic. He needs to be on his own and explore new things. And while we are at it with established characters. Yes, its nice to see him get his swerve on but at some point, lets see what else is out there for him.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Neko View Post
    I love you Remydat!

Okay - to contribute - I just want to see Gambit in a relationship that isn't toxic. He needs to be on his own and explore new things. And while we are at it with established characters. Yes, its nice to see him get his swerve on but at some point, lets see what else is out there for him.
    And I'm sure Polaris/Gambit would be fun at first, and maybe for the rest of PAD's run. And then some writer who thinks drama is entertaining and happiness is boring will get his hands on them and that'll be all she wrote. Hell look at Gambit/Rogue, it was so much fun and first, then look where they ended up. I'm glad Asmus showed Rogue caring and being supportive of Gambit, just to show she does care. Does not mean they are getting back together, but it's nice to see they would help each other out, care about each other, and parted ways amicably in Gambit's solo.

I wonder how the solo would have turned out if Asmus had been allowed to use Felicia Hardy the way he had intended too. Joelle was a last minute replacement since he was not allowed to use Black Cat. I always wanted to see Gambit/Black Cat try to pull of a heist just to see who the better thief is. Next Wanda that's the pairing I'd like to see for Gambit, Black Cat. Though after watching that episode of Wolverine and The X-Men where Gambit breaks little Lorna's heart, he does owe her some happiness.

How about we get to Lorna and Gambit hooking up first before we cross the bridge regarding their impending doom? I mean what's the alternative? Gambit, Polaris, or any character that was in a long term shitty relationship should never again hook up with anyone for fear that relationship ends up the same?

I mean at that point you don't really have a character but rather a caricature. In real life people get hurt, they suffer through crappy relationships, and you know what, most people wipe the dirt off and try again. And sometimes it ends up sucking again and sometimes it doesn't. And guess what, that's the beauty and cruelty of life.

Spectacular Member

How about we get to Lorna and Gambit hooking up first before we cross the bridge regarding their impending doom? I mean what's the alternative? Gambit, Polaris, or any character that was in a long term shitty relationship should never again hook up with anyone for fear that relationship ends up the same?

I mean at that point you don't really have a character but rather a caricature. In real life people get hurt, they suffer through crappy relationships, and you know what, most people wipe the dirt off and try again. And sometimes it ends up sucking again and sometimes it doesn't. And guess what, that's the beauty and cruelty of life.
    I've said many times I'm open to Gambit/Polaris, and that I trust PAD with the pairing. I was responding to someone who said they did not like the stuff Asmus wrote with Gambit/Rogue, I was pointing out why I do like it and that given the trend I've noticed most writers take with fun couples, is to rip them to shreds. By all means I'm looking forward to what PAD has in store for Lorna and Remy, but for those bagging on Rogue I'm just pointing out give it some time and it could well be Lorna who were talking about screwed over Gambit.

No one that isn't emotionally invested in Romy is likely going to give a shit about the fact Polaris may screw Gambit over between now and never because it's just a theoretical at this point when Rogue screwing over Gambit is history. It's already happened. Well at least for the people that believe she did.

It would be like an attorney trying to say, "Don't convict my client for the crime he actually committed because in the future someone else might commit the same crime." Well yeah that's true but completely irrelevant to the fact that in the here and now, their client did commit the crime not anyone else.

Spectacular Member

No one that isn't emotionally invested in Romy is likely going to give a shit about the fact Polaris may screw Gambit over between now and never because it's just a theoretical at this point when Rogue screwing over Gambit is history. It's already happened. Well at least for the people that believe she did.

It would be like an attorney trying to say, "Don't convict my client for the crime he actually committed because in the future someone else might commit the same crime." Well yeah that's true but completely irrelevant to the fact that in the here and now, their client did commit the crime not anyone else.
    Missing the point. I like what Asmus wrote as far as Rogue and Gambit go, and I've given my reasons. The point I am making is very simple, let's say a relationship of mine just ended, and a sibling of mine starts ripping my ex apart, and going on about how awesome their friend is for me. I would just caution my sibling about being judgmental against my ex, when for all we know we could end up in a similar situation with their friend down the line. I can like Rogue and I can like Polaris. I can like Rogue/Gambit and Polaris/Gambit. You don't like Rogue/Gambit, that's cool don't like them. Just keep in mind that Rogue is a fictional character that some writers write well, while others not so much, do go easy on her huh, it's not like our boy Gambit doesn't have some skeletons in his closet, but we love the guy anyway.