Page 536 of 661 FirstFirst ... 36436486526532533534535536537538539540546586636 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 9903

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Development? He told I am your endpoint. Like go do what you want and at the end come back to me becuase he will be waiting. It wasn`t ended.
    He ended Gambit chasing after her. It was on her to come to him when she was ready instead of him constantly trying to "win her over". That is the way I took it and I thought that is how Asmus wrote them. Sure, writers have had them flirt here or there for fun but I don't think Gambit has since tried to pursue Rogue like he used to until Solues Astonishing run?

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    My "dislike of Carey"... kind sir please project those feelings on me. I couldn't careless. I actually believe Carey wrote Gambit pretty damn well when he wanted to. It's just that dismount following AoX is what doesnt make sense. And I disagree about him "breaking them up", because I didnt see that. She went from Harbor Speech to the museum, to Magneto's bed. I'm pretty the book ended within 10 issues after that iirc correctly. Maybe less? Maybe a lot less? So long ago... I'd have to dig into my boxes.
    I believe that it all happened right before Schism. Then the Legacy book continued on until the end of AvX? Though Carey jumped off right as the new X-Men books with Mags moving to Uncanny were released and Gage was put on Legacy until its end.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I think I skipped "Schism"... I have the book where the POV character was going around asking who was going where... But maybe I didn't skip it. I'm old man... I don't remember.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueisbae View Post
    Interesting how some of you guys emphasize so much on continuity but choose to focus only on the home and harbour speech yet ignore the rest of contuinity where he still flirts/jokes/loves/pursues her after every break up....
    X-men Legacy, Gambit's solo, X-factor, Astonishing X-men. That's 4 whole books Gambit was in where he was not chasing Rogue. Duggan and Soule are the ones that just recently brought back Gambit chasing Rogue and in doing so they are the ones that ignored continuity. Let's not rewrite history just because you like Romy.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Astonishing #7 was bad. Gambit and Logan were afraid to fight Archangel. Gambit asked Logan any tips for fight because previous fight wasn`t good for them and Logan told just survive becuase it is Angel od Death.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Astonishing #7 was bad. Gambit and Logan were afraid to fight Archangel. Gambit asked Logan any tips for fight because previous fight wasn`t good for them and Logan told just survive becuase it is Angel od Death.
    Gambit... Afraid of Archangel? Why?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Yeah for Gambit and not Romy fans, just skip this issue. The whole issue is basically Gambit begging Rogue and Rogue basically telling him to leave her alone.

As for AXM, lol, the dude is so pathetic. I knew this is where they were headed at the end of last issue while some of you assured us Gambit was so badass because he caught some projectiles. Yeah how did that turn out for him? Cowering in the face of the mighty Archangel.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Gambit... Afraid of Archangel? Why?

Spectacular Member

I think it is because Archangel was trying to kill them and they were trying not to harm him seriously. This can make anyone afraid I think.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    Yeah for Gambit and not Romy fans, just skip this issue. The whole issue is basically Gambit begging Rogue and Rogue basically telling him to leave her alone.

As for AXM, lol, the dude is so pathetic. I knew this is where they were headed at the end of last issue while some of you assured us Gambit was so badass because he caught some projectiles. Yeah how did that turn out for him? Cowering in the face of the mighty Archangel.
    Should we make precognitions from issue 1 now? I don`t know what will be written next issue.

I still think that Gambit caught Archangel blades while dodging, charged them and hit Archangel with them was a badass moment. Through full fight Archangel didn`t even hit Remy at once.

And yet he is acting all afraid so apparently it wasn't badass enough for Soule which is all that matters since he is the writer.

And of course, you don't know what will be written next issue but we have all been here the past few years non? You can rest assured that whatever is written about Gambit will ultimately make him look like a chump. Whether it's cowering to Archangel or begging Rogue to be his best friend. Stoyrm should have walked up to him and slapped the shit out of him for saying that. SMH!

Ok R&G #1, I'll post my thoughts here so not to bother the more hardcore Romy fans in the other thread.
    I read it twice and to be honest I'm not happy. After reading the interviews done by KT and her responses in tumblr I thought this could be the chance to see a good enjoyable balanced Romy but it wasn't the case.
    It falls once again in the category of Gambit pursuing Rogue, basically through the entire issue from beginning to end. Rogue time and time again turns down his attempts but to be fair at least in some opportunities she shows some hesitation, so I guess that's something...
    I know KT said that in the first issue she was going to establish the status quo of both characters as it is right now (aka Gambit persuing, Rogue not interested) and that things would evolve by issue #2, so I'll hold to that and hope for a much better second issue. To be completely honest, if it weren't for that statement from her and only considering this first issue I'm not sure if I would buy the second one.

Good thing Gambit is a fictional character as his entire exchange with Rogue is pretty much textbook sexual harassment in the workplace. Rogue needs a lawyer and should sue Kitty for ignoring the uncomfortable work environment she has put Rogue in. Maybe she should use her Avengers contacts and call She Hulk or Daredevil to represent her.
    Last edited by remydat; 01-03-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    X-men Legacy, Gambit's solo, X-factor, Astonishing X-men. That's 4 whole books Gambit was in where he was not chasing Rogue. Duggan and Soule are the ones that just recently brought back Gambit chasing Rogue and in doing so they are the ones that ignored continuity. Let's not rewrite history just because you like Romy.
    To be fair at least Duggan's Gambit didn't chase after Rogue. He was on his own doing what he has been for the past few years and she went to him to question him I believe. Then he just flirted with her to make the situation light then she left after getting the info the needed. He didn't come across too bad there. It was probably for the best that he didn't have Mags and Gambit show up at the end of his run, imo.

It is at least a far cry from what Soule did in Astonishing and what KT did in this first issue of R&G, where he is hounding her at every turn to get her back and constantly following after her with her rejecting him. He was practically begging her in R&G to love him again, but I get that R&G isn't written for Gambit fans in mind though and is for nostalgic Romy fans. Romy fans will find that kind of behavior romantic, but I lean towards more pathetic given where the two characters are.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I think KT will inprove on thier portrayal based on her comments kf tbis is #1 some peoplw wont like it but could change thier minds by ossue 5. Or something like that. Remains to be seen. Havent read it yet. But sounds bad
    X-Men Forever

Soooo, I checked Rogue and Gambit #1.
    This is my first impression. Maybe will change smth when will reread it.

Positive: Loved art. It was reeeeaaaalllyy good.
    Issue was fun and Gambit was fun in it.
    Gambit/Storm moment was cool.
    Loooooved page where Gambit told that Rogue gave up and he is lifting alone. It felt real. Like situation in real relationships. Favourite moment so far.
    Last page made me really laugh

Negative:
    Deadpool is a better kisser then Remy?
    Premise of mission is not the strongest but it`s ok.
    Scene with running kids reminded me some episode of Scooby-Doo.
    Gambit was forcing Rogue toooooo much.

Overall: It was fine issue. I would give 8/10

It felt really short or maybe I was reading it too fast Excited for more and sure that next issues will be better.
    It is hard to read Romy book when they are mostly angry but I understand why book started from this point.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-03-2018 at 10:33 AM.