Page 541 of 661 FirstFirst ... 41441491531537538539540541542543544545551591641 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 9903

First and foremost whatever happens with the X-men+MCU the biggest reason will probably be=Wolverine. With Jackman out there is ofc the problem of recasting, witch also kills much of the demand and potential profit. The best outcome would be a rather quick solution that puts the avengers, spider-man and wolverine(Jackman) in the same movie. Simply because that is what the casual moviegoer would like the most. Even comicfans in general wish for this too.

If they can get this done I believe that will shape the plans for the X-men movies. Otherwise expect some sort of configuration of Cyclops, Jean and some other mutants in either a teen movie or mid 20's. It depends on if the avengers are dying/recasted/replaced after phase 3.

Gambit will probably get made and might have a sequal and will probably be so self contained that it can be made to fit with whatever has happened say 2-3 years into the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by PenUltimateInkmaster View Post
    As a ROMY fan, I liked R&G, but as a Gambit fan it is not what I really want. I suppose you can say I am conflicted. I like Remy and Anna as a couple, and I would like them together provided it is done well. Maybe R&G will tell a story that justifies the two of them getting together again, or at the very least make me feel the chemistry between them, or make me believe that they do in fact love one another. I just want to feel that the relationship and feelings between them is genuine.

What I want from Gambit is exploration. I want his character to properly be explored in a way he has not been before, not in the sense that we learn more about his past (that could potentially damage his rep much like with Logan) but that we get to see and delve into the different aspects of his personality.
    Remy is a Cajun from the Deep South and a fallen catholic (e.g a catholic who does not actively practice his faith but still believes). I would love for his faith to be further explored and learn more about what he actually feels on the subject. If he even cares.

I want to learn what he feels about the X-men and the cause (not just guess at it) and I want stories that challenge him and his moral center. I want stories where there is no clear right and wrong choice; stories where we are left questioning his decisions and morality. Ultimately, I just want stories where he can show what he is good for.

I want my Gambit back and I hope the movie will do something to make that happen. Correct me if I am wrong, but it is supposed to start shooting come March, is it not?
    It is hard to imagine that Gambit even cares about the cause these days. In AXM, he was in the middle of the robbery when Psylocke calls him so he pretty much decided to save the world simply because he was in the area and Psylocke asked. Yet he completely abandons saving the world so he can play house with Rogue on the astral plane.

Then in R&G, he appears to have no real desire to help on this mission. He is simply there to try and win Rogue back and if that means he has to help on some stupid mission to save mutants then I suppose that is the sacrifice you make for love.

I really enjoyed the Gambit that was seeking redemption in his own way. Not the guy that only cares about stealing and being with Rogue. Where did that guy go? This version of Gambit is so shallow as a person it's disturbing.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

I agree with you Remydat on all points.

Personally, I don't think he ever really believed in the cause. He's a realist and so I don't think he believes the Dream will ever be a reality, but he's still willing to fight for it because it's a good cause and maybe something will come from it. If he could fight for that, than maybe there was hope for him still.

Well I would tweak that slightly and say I believe he believed in the cause his own way. He maybe didn't see eye to eye with the X-men and perhaps was fine working outside their rigid framework to get **** done but I do think he bought into it on some level. It was probably always more about the personal connections for him as he stuck around because he thought Storm needed him but I think he did see it as a way to redeem himself as well.

I just think recent writers don't get that nuance and subtlety about him and interpret it as him not caring at all.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

It's the nuance of Remy's character that I find so compelling, but you're right that the current writers don't get that.

Remy is much more complex than people give him credit for, and they just don't understand that so they hate on him and call him one-note or terrible. I can understand that because the last few years haven't done anything to dissuade that viewpoint.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

I see Gambit's motivations for staying with the X-Men as profoundly as I do Frenzy. You're talking about two characters who chose to stay when they didn't have to and had no ties to it. Gambit stayed because I think he saw the cause as a pure one and he ultimately had something to make up for in his life (at least thats the reasoning afte the trial retcon). Frenzy stayed on because she liked being a hero, she liked the way it made her feel to protect something rather than living from one "high" to the next. Just about every other X-Man was recruited or remained on due to needing something from the organization, or simply had nowhere else to go. I see Gambit's motivations as noble. Nobler, than most anyway. He turned away from a life of programming to be a world-class theif and opportunist for a life of selflessness and sacrifice. Basically the exact opposite of his nature.

And I don't recall the word "mutant" being used in the Runaways, nor are there any connections to either the X-Men or MCU properties. The show can go either way without much trouble.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Spectacular Member

Gambit has a heart of gold, saving little Marrow in the Morlock Massacre saving Storm when she was trapped in a childs body. I know they going to make another Gambit solo when the movie comes out can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw22 View Post
    Gambit has a heart of gold, saving little Marrow in the Morlock Massacre saving Storm when she was trapped in a childs body. I know they going to make another Gambit solo when the movie comes out can't wait.
    I think new solo will be announced for fall 2018 and will be written by Bunn. Just speculation.
    I think R&G is mini because solo is planned.

Spectacular Member

Production on the Gambit movie set to start March 19th http://comicbook.com/2018/01/09/gamb...duction-start/
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think new solo will be announced for fall 2018 and will be written by Bunn. Just speculation.
    I think R&G is mini because solo is planned.
    That's pretty specific speculation... What you know?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    That's pretty specific speculation... What you know?
    Only that Bunn has some possible plans for Bella

Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    Production on the Gambit movie set to start March 19th http://comicbook.com/2018/01/09/gamb...duction-start/
    Last edited by Purplevit; 01-09-2018 at 02:14 PM.

So if we hear no major news around the end of February/beginning of March, start worrying?

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    So if we hear no major news around the end of February/beginning of March, start worrying?
    Nah.. time to get the ball rolling.

I would think at a minimum we should start hearing more casting news. So far it is just Tatum and allegedly Lizzy.