Page 633 of 661 FirstFirst ... 133533583623629630631632633634635636637643 ... LastLast
Results 9,481 to 9,495 of 9903
    Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #8
    NICK SPENCER (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
    Marvel Battle Lines Variant Cover by MAXX LIM
    • The heist of the century is ON!
    • Who are the Thieves Guild of New York?
    • Spidey might dying trying to find out.
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Don't you love how everyone BESIDES Gambit is allowed to access Gambits lore? Makes so much sense.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Don't you love how everyone BESIDES Gambit is allowed to access Gambits lore? Makes so much sense.
    Yeah it is kind of annoying. With Bunn, I have a feeling he knows Marvel is never going to let him write the Gambit solo he wants to, so he's using everything he can for this last Deadpool mini. I wouldn't be surprised if he's wanted to use Threnody for a while.

What the double post?
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-29-2018 at 06:58 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Depends on how it goes. As long as they remain primarily his villian/antagonist book, cross polination could help raise their stakes.

Like the hand. Or Gambits access to sabretooth who has always been more tied to wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiya View Post
    Depends on how it goes. As long as they remain primarily his villian/antagonist book, cross polination could help raise their stakes.

Like the hand. Or Gambits access to sabretooth who has always been more tied to wolverine
    Creed is definitely a Wolverine villain... Buuut Wolverine actually gets to interact with him on fairly regular basis. I'd say he's become a stable X-Men villain, where the Assassin's Guild led by his ex-wife hasn't been around Gambit since Fabian's run, while they've been in Spiderman? And now Deadpool? Now they've gone as far as introducing a new faction of the Thieves Guild while Gambit, the "King of Thieves" hasn't even mentioned the concept since 2015 where it was ultimately belittled by PAD.

I don't think it's really comparable to anything else. Who's rogues gallery and lore gets borrowed more than Gambit these days while he's virtually non-existent within it?
    Guild Member

Creed is definitely a Wolverine villain... Buuut Wolverine actually gets to interact with him on fairly regular basis. I'd say he's become a stable X-Men villain, where the Assassin's Guild led by his ex-wife hasn't been around Gambit since Fabian's run, while they've been in Spiderman? And now Deadpool? Now they've gone as far as introducing a new faction of the Thieves Guild while Gambit, the "King of Thieves" hasn't even mentioned the concept since 2015 where it was ultimately belittled by PAD.

I don't think it's really comparable to anything else. Who's rogues gallery and lore gets borrowed more than Gambit these days while he's virtually non-existent within it?
    Yeah i think we are trying to get to the same space. I think it would be ok if he gets referenced and later gets to tangle with them. It would be real bad if people sudenly decided the guild was a spidey thing ala fill in for the kingpin.

Spectacular Member

Having these things (Thieves Guild, Assassins Guild, Belladonna) appear throughout the MCU, especially when they appear without Gambit himself, gives Gambit's backstory a legitimacy it would otherwise never have, and broadens his presence in the MCU. I'm happy to see it. Plus, we're not exactly experiencing a dry spell as far as Gambit appearances go.

I do agree that, especially given how we were left with it (and years ago now), it's a little strange not knowing or having an update on Gambit's current relationship to his those elements. But thats a minor issue -- we'll get the update eventually, and I'm guessing sooner rather than later, considering Thompsons penchant for addressing continuity.
    Gambit Gazette, all the latest Gambit comic book and movie news: http://gambitgazette.tumblr.com

Work in progress by Terry Dodson. MMX 5 I suppose.

Looks like he got better at drawing Gambit and finally, he fixed his nose.
    Last edited by belay; 07-31-2018 at 05:41 AM.

Spectacular Member

Yea Dodson's drawing of Gambit in that pic looks way better. His nose doesn't look quite as big and it doesn't look like he's holding food in his cheeks like on the cover for the 1st issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo3000 View Post
    Yea Dodson's drawing of Gambit in that pic looks way better. His nose doesn't look quite as big and it doesn't look like he's holding food in his cheeks like on the cover for the 1st issue.
    Ha! The chipmunk look, huh?

I agree. This one looks a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by belay View Post
    Looks like he got better at drawing Gambit and finally, he fixed his nose.
    Let's go with "improved" his nose.

Does anyone ever wonder what king of Gambit Heath Ledger could have been if he could do a french accent and had the chance before passing?

Astonishing Member

That could have worked...I also thought Michael Clarke Duncan would have been a good apocalypse...:/

Spectacular Member

Here are some previews of two pages from issue #4 that show some action including Deadpool: https://rebelroguesoulkiller.wordpre...preview-pages/

I'm really digging how Gambit's using his powers in this preview. In more recent times his cards have been at worst more like bug zappers or at best like Jubilee's powers/gun shots. But I love how much more effective and destructive they seem in these previews, reminds me of the old times.